News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: Lake Tahoe Rally in July??

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Jan 26, 2003, 03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hybrid Holly

otter

The Memory MakerThe otters will  have to get back to you. It sounds FABULOUS-ooo. But I think we will be in New Mexico for Laguna feast and Pow Wow.  MY MY we are busy folks.  But let me check the dates and get back!!!!  

6Quigs

The Memory MakerScott, you can sign us up for the "  Boring "  Rally.
 Having just spent a few days last week at Meyers, just down the road from TVC,
 it will be fun to visit there without all the snow.

Red neff Barchetta

The Memory MakerMust check with the boss of course, but I m sure we ll be there.
 What a boring name.  I m not coming unless you liven up the name!  Whaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!  I m bored.

Surfcal

The Memory MakerScott, I too am on the fence unless you do something to spice up the name.  It s too square, Lake Tahoe Rally.  I d soon rather go to the local retired folks home and play bingo with them than attend a rally with a boring name.

How about Mile High Rally, or Keep Tahoe Blue, or the Gambler s Special?  How about the Donner Party Summer Revival?  Scott, anything except the Lake Tahoe Rally, we re pleading you.

Surfcal

SactoCampers

Surfcal
QuoteI d soon rather go to the local retired folks home and play bingo with them than attend a rally with a boring name.

Or maybe we could play bonko instead of going to the rally.

I like " Deep Blue"  rally.

Nick

SactoCampersCount us in.  I ll check with the rest of the family but I m sure they will too.

g-whiz

The Memory MakerOh WOW!  I m posting here even before I say " We re back"  in the correct thread.  When I read " Tahoe Rally in September"  (Yes, it does need a catchy name), my thot was that it most likely wouldn t work out since we will begin a month long vacation that month.  But, guess what???  It will work out, so count us in!  Now, instead of PCH, we will take the 5 (or 395) when we leave our house.  Tahoe will become our point of departure for our vacation.  What a fantastic detour!  It really can t get much better than that!!! [:D][:D]

gsm x2

SactoCampersWhat s one advantage of Lake Tahoe over Lake Chabot?

Bodies dumped into the middle of Lake Tahoe DO NOT refloat.

How about the " Staying Down at Lake Tahoe Rally" ?

Or the " Bet You ll Have a Good Time Rally" ?

" The Cold Man See Pines Rally" ?

" I d Cough If I Could Find Some Air Rally"

I should have put these into six different posts. Still hanging at #6 even after a 5-day hiatus.

gsm x2

The Memory Maker

The Memory Maker
QuoteThis one sounds good! Do we send funds to you or deal with the campground directly?
Our preferred method of payment is to use PayPal. Our username is scottgen@att.net
 The actual rate will be established by the end of this week, when we can obtain more information from the TVC. I ll let all who expressed an interest in attending this rally know the exact amount of deposit required soon.

QuoteBTW, Scott, you gotta come up with something catchier than " South Lake Tahoe Rally"  
 BORING
 Expectations are high and we trust you won t disappoint. You can always solicit suggestions.
Brian- we REALLY did miss you guys this weekend.

So is this newly named rally un-boring enough for everybody?

gsm x2

SactoCampersScott---I like the rally name.  Good job.  First test of a WagonMaster is being able to come up with a good name---or have the sense to recognize a good suggestion.  Congratulations with being among the creative set that can come up with their own perfect name.

I can t believe that you picked these dates.  On the way down from Olema, G-Whiz and I were talking about what day we would leave for the month-long trip we are going to take this fall.  She suggested Monday, so we could avoid weekend camping.  I didn t think it would be possible for us to sit at home and wait through a weekend before leaving on our trip.  I suggested that we organize a rally north of San Francisco so we could be a little north of Ventura.  I had ideas going through my head, then she bursts out, Lake Tahoe is being moved to September.  A check of the calendar put it right on our departure weekend.

We are definitely getting lucky by the lake.  We are in.

Scott

The Memory Maker

The Memory MakerO.K. here s more info:
 The daily rate will be $35.00 A 20% discount will be applied to this published rate if at least 10 members actually show up.
 At this point I will start collecting the one night s deposit of $35.00 via PayPal which is refundable up to 8/18/03.
 http://www.paypal.com
 our email(the way you tell paypal it s us) is scottgen@worldnet.att.net

I will need the following info from all attendees to complete the contract with TVC.
 Please only e-mail this info; due to it s personal content.

Name(s) (real one and screen name)
 Address & Phone
 Arrival & Departure dates if different from rally
 RV type
 Length (open)
 Slideout (yes or no)

Thanks everyone. The Memory Makers are already really looking forward to this rally being great!

SactoCampers

The Memory MakerScott,

We need a map of the campground for the website. Can you request a brochure from the campground and either scan it or take a digital picture of it? Thanks.

BTW, it looks like we have ten as of right now.

Red neff Barchetta

SactoCampersWhoohooo!
 Amy & I will be leaving the kids home so we can get lucky by the lake!  Oh wait, you re referring to gambling, aren t you?  Since we don t do much of that I guess the kids can come.
 Anyone want to offer for the kids to stay at their PU for a night?  Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.
 I ll e-mail you tonight Scott.  Gotta head out right now.

RTurner

SactoCampersHi Sactocamper,
 I will send you separate email with the map, hope you don t have already.  We were just up there this past weekend and I got the brochure.
 I will paste it into a word document.