News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Lake of the Springs 1

Started by calstate360, Oct 24, 2006, 06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OC Campers

Quote from: SurfcalWell, Tania and I happened to be in the general neighborhood so we decided to drop by and check out this campground. Much to our surprise, we recognized a few people we knew, Joan and some other members of the so-called Drunk Squad..

Well, the stories of the six bone monster compelled us to stay. It was a good thing we just happened to be dragging along the trailer and thought it'd be a good idea to stock it with food and drinks for the drive so it all worked out. We had just enough for the weekend.

All in all, what a great spontaneous event. For many of us, visiting the "cult" compound was an eye opener and that there is life beyond the gates.

Joan, at this writing, you are still there, but thank you very much for your hospitality. We all appreciate the access to a Thousand Trails CG. At least this cult has less stringent rules. We need TT wine and Kool-Aid.

And to all the fellow drunk squad members, from pork roasts, to french fries, to well concocted and ill-advised cocktails, "cult" juice to multiple boners, it was a great event that was reminiscent of other NNC rallies that have made it famous and infamous.

Thanks all.
Ray, I was hoping you and Tania would show up.  I only wish we could of been there.  I planned on making it to the potuluck but Kendra had a meeting down in Natomas and I didn't make it back in time.  

I hope another rally can be pulled off this year.  

Jacqui

Calstate361

THANKS all for the kudos.   I had a lot of fun also and it sure was nice to see NNC rable rousing again.

Jacqui, in talking with the gang, I was asked to check to see if the newley purchased NACO/Thousand Trails Resort called Ponderosa (located in Lotus/Coloma) has the hosting capabilities.  I called them yesterday and left a message and they called me back today.  We are booked for April 12 through 15th for 10 campsites.  I will have Sal setup a thread called "Ponderosa 1" for us so we can start making plans.  Mark your calendars NOW!!! :-()

I had the most fun watching everyone's expression when they saw "skinny me".  :yikes:  If anyone has a picture of me or anything else from the mini-rally, please post it.

Talk to you all soon.

Joan

OC Campers

Sounds like fun Joan.  I will check our schedule.

Jacqui

griffsmom

Sounds like everyone had a great time!  It's good to see General Coughing back in the saddle.  ;)

There is a June rally in the works at Flying Flags RV Resort in Buellton (by Solvang).  Check out this thread if you'd like to come. We'd love to see and camp with you guys again.