News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Lake of the Springs 1

Started by calstate360, Oct 24, 2006, 06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calstate360

We have booked Lake of the Springs for (10 sites), 2/15/07 through 2/18/07. The charge is $32 per night and if someone wants a 29 ft trailer it is $55 + tax per night. & no deposit needed!!!!
Campground map is at.

Campground info & directions.

The campground is about a mile north of Collins Lake.

Calstate361

In case you haven't figured it out, this is another NACO/Thousand Trails preserve that we are members of.  You will have full use of the whole facility and are not required to listen to their 90 minute presentation, unless you want to.  

I just called the preserve and was told that they/we can't have fires (sorry Dee) so I guess we will have to build a "VIRTUAL" one.

We will be in the "G" loop.   This one has trees, not like Yosemite Lakes.

A couple of years ago when we stayed there over the Memorial Day Holiday they had a lot of stuff for the kide.  The lodge sits up on a hill overlooking the lake and they have a stream that runs from the top down to a pool at the bottom.  They had the pool stocked with fish for a fishing derby for the kids.  Then the next day they put a huge piece of plastic from the top down to the bottom of the hill and made a huge super slide.  During the whole weekend if one of the staff saw a kid riding their bike with their helemt on, they got a ticket for a free ice cream cone from the store (they are famos for their ice cream cones, I guess).  Anyway this preserve is a very family oriented place.   They  have all the same stuff that Yosemite Lakes has, just more and larger.

Hope a bunch of you can make it.  We have given you a little more time to plan this one.

Joan

ATTENDEE LIST: (as of 12/8/06)

Champ
Nick (tentative)
Zamboni (tentative)
OC Campers (tentative)
Full timer friends of Sal & Joan:  the Osborne's and Hetzer's
Sal & Joan (calstate360 & calstate361)

COME ON THE REST OF YOU, this will be a fun trip.

Joan

zamboni

This place looks great!

Sadly, my wife's school (San Juan school district in Sacramento) has their winter break from Feb 19-23 -- always the week of Washington & Lincoln's birthdays.

However, if weekend-only attendees are OK, I'm pretty sure we'd be up for it.  Lake Of The Springs is fairly close to Sacramento, and we always like to go to new places!

It looked familiar-ish, so I went hunting, and it is very close to Lake Francis Resort (from May '05 NNC Rally):

TT Lake Of The Springs .............................................................  Lake Francis

That said, we are both anxious, and nervous about seeing your new rig.  Anxious as I'm sure it will be cool... and nervous, because it will be cool... and thus it will give us camper-envy and make us silently whine about our feeble rig!

:Y

OC Campers

We enjoy Francis Lake a lot.  We have driven by this cg many times on our way to other cg's.  It would be fun to go to.   We will put it on our camping agenda and see what happens.  My job is all weekends so will have to see.  I am sure by the time the holidays are over, I will need a weekend off.

Jacqui

zamboni

Repeat after me:

Yes... I... Need... My... Weekends... Off...
Otherwise... My... Husband... Influences... My... Children... Too... Much.

:D

(put in your time-off request now, Jacqui!)

Nick

I'm sure we can make this one.  Looks like a nice place.

OC Campers

Quote from: zamboniRepeat after me:

Yes... I... Need... My... Weekends... Off...
Otherwise... My... Husband... Influences... My... Children... Too... Much.

:D

(put in your time-off request now, Jacqui!)
Yes SIR!!!  I promised Randy that we would have no more split camping trips.  Who knows if he gets this job he is trying for I may get to quit.  Yippee:-()

Jacqui

griffsmom

Quote from: OC CampersYes SIR!!! I promised Randy that we would have no more split camping trips. Who knows if he gets this job he is trying for I may get to quit. Yippee:-()

Jacqui
Good Luck Jacqui!!! I'm waiting for Lori to get a promotion so that I can quit my job too!!! That would be soooooooo coooooool since I've been working ....................what.......................35 years. :p

Oh Oh, I posted under Lori's name. SHHHHHHHH! :p

Calstate361

Glad to hear that the few of you are interested; hope you can make it.  I will develop an "Attendee" list when I receive more "affirmative" replies.  

I checked with Nick/Mike to make sure he didn't have plans to organize "Olema" again in February.  Once he responded, I set this one up right away.

This is a really great, family oriented, place.  It is like Yosemite Lakes only bigger. nicer, and taken care of better.   There is a lot of things for the kids to do.  Parents, start saving quarters now, they have a small arcade in the family lodge.

Will talk more soon.

Joan

champ521

Calstate361

Champ/Dave, glad you can attend this one.  We haven't seen you in a long time.  It will be nice to see everyone again.

Joan

Calstate361

Everyone, see the second post on page 1 for the tentative Attendee List.

Joan

Calstate361

BUMP

WE need to get the interest in this going again.

Joan

Gwenzilla

Joan, not sure yet if we can make this.  Have to see if we can juggle a few things first, so I'll get back to you on that.  However just in case we can come can you tell us what kind of hook-ups are on the G-loop? Is it a full hook up, or does one need to bring ones blue commode caddy?

Gwenzilla

Oops... forgot to ask if pets are OK too.