Main Menu

RE: Ignore

Started by Hybrid Holly, Jan 28, 2003, 10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

otter

Guestrabble  rabbble  rabbbbbbbbllllle

SactoCampers

GuestFellow NNCers,

We have a new member to our group. His name is CKKevin. They have signed up for the Gold Rush Rally, have two young daughters, a Wilderness Yukon hybrid, and are from Mariposa. He said he liked this thread and thought he could contribute ([8D]), so when he pokes his head in here, be sure to give him a big welcome!

Civil_War_Buff

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

Fellow NNCers,

We have a new member to our group. His name is CKKevin. They have signed up for the Gold Rush Rally, have two young daughters, a Wilderness Yukon hybrid, and are from Mariposa. He said he liked this thread and thought he could contribute ([8D]), so when he pokes his head in here, be sure to give him a big welcome!

Brian,

So we won t get to do the blood initiation and all the ceremonial stuff until JUNE????
 Not  to mention....ANOTHER Kevin?  Oh well I guess if we can have 2 Scotts, 2 Larrys, 1 Jeff, and 1 Ray, we can find room for another Kevin. [;)][;)]

Actually, welcome CKKevin.  Hop in and hack, cough, or wheez anytime the urge hits.

Happy Campin  <><

ckkevin

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteSo we won t get to do the blood initiation and all the ceremonial stuff until JUNE????

Wow, only blood initiation and other ceremonial stuff? [:)]   For a moment, I was afraid you were going to mention that shock treatment thing I received at the last camping club[&:] (oh, wait a minute, I haven?t been in a camping club before.)  Was that at the extended stay hotel with padded walls and bad food????  

Well anyway, I look forward to learning the finer techniques of winterizing my hybrid California style, boosting the octane level of my v6, and discovering hidden talents of fellow Northern Californians (which probably should have remained hidden.)[:o]

g-whiz

ckkevin

Quoteckkevin

Well anyway, I look forward to learning the finer techniques of winterizing my hybrid California style, boosting the octane level of my v6, and discovering hidden talents of fellow Northern Californians (which probably should have remained hidden.)[:o]

Welcome to the Hotel California, ckkevin.  Oh, I mean, welcome to the Nick-Neff-Cough.  You betcha you will discover the MANY hidden talents of your fellow NNCers!  How are you on the kazoo??  Is wine tasting up your alley?  Do you like gourmet food?  Can you sing?   I guess we will soon find out.  I see that you signed up for the Gold Rush Rally, but we have a few happenings before that time.  If you are interest just say the word and we ll guide you in the right direction.

Red neff Barchetta

GuestWelcome ckkevin!!
 I like your style!  You ll fit in nicely here.  Any chance you can make Olema (Feb.) or Snug Harbor (March)?
 It has been a little slow around here lately, but as soon as Ray (Surfcal) quits messing around and pretending he s busy with non-PU things we will all return to our regularly scheduled nonsense.  You see, we all follow Ray.  So if he is going to say he has been busy with work, then I have to also.

Thank goodness for G-Whiz carrying on conversations with herself yesterday.  Made me smile when I checked in briefly (because Ray did also).

When did Ray say we could all have a break - 2/12?

g-whiz

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteRed neff Barchetta

Welcome ckkevin!!
 I like your style!  You ll fit in nicely here.  Any chance you can make Olema (Feb.) or Snug Harbor (March)?
 It has been a little slow around here lately, but as soon as Ray (Surfcal) quits messing around and pretending he s busy with non-PU things we will all return to our regularly scheduled nonsense.  You see, we all follow Ray.  So if he is going to say he has been busy with work, then I have to also.

Thank goodness for G-Whiz carrying on conversations with herself yesterday.  Made me smile when I checked in briefly (because Ray did also).

When did Ray say we could all have a break - 2/12?

You see ckkevin, I m kinda new on these boards, too.  I had NO idea that I was supposed to be following anyone.  Probably because we Leo s like to take charge   and follow our own bliss.  

I think Ray did say something about the 12th as I thot it was good that he would meet his deadlines before Valentine s Day.  And, I guess until then I ll be talking to myself a lot.  I ve found out that I m a wonderful conversationalist during this time of silence.  Guess I would not have made a good Cloister nun, huh!  A vow of silence?  Can you imagine?  I wonder, as long as they don t use their voices, if they can chat online?  I might be able to survive if that were permissible.

Ok, I ll stop.  It s time for Friends and a glass of wine might be nice too!

gsm x2

Red neff BarchettaWelcome Kevin,

Just so you know, G-whiz s reference to Hotel California has a local connection to Ventura County.  From articles written about our newest State College, which is located in the buildings of the Former Camarillo State Hospital.

The Camarillo hospital earned a certain amount of fame in 1947 when famous jazz musician Charlie Parker was committed there for a seven-month stay after he suffered a nervous breakdown. After his stay, Parker wrote " Relaxin  at Camarillo."  

The Eagles  1976 hit " Hotel California"  -- with the famed lyrics, " You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave"  -- is thought by some to have been inspired by the Camarillo hospital.

And from another article.

Garmon also boasts family ties with the campus. Her grandmother, who passed away last month, worked here for 23 years when it was Camarillo State Hospital. " So this is special,"  Garmon said. " I get to continue in her footsteps."  

Some students said friends and relatives are already teasing them about attending college at a former mental hospital. The facility was memorialized by the band The Eagles in their No. 1 hit, " Hotel California."  

" It doesn t really creep me out,"  Garmon said. " The people aren t here, just the buildings."

I still haven t been able to find out that their athletic teams are going to be called.  I think " The Loons"  is just TOO PERFECT to resist.

Anyways--a hearty welcome to our newest loon.

gsm x2

otter

Red neff BarchettaI don t think so G-Whiz--- you would not make it asa nun, cloistered or uncloisered.  Just think about it  Sister G-Whiz
 -- they don t allow giggling
 -- they don t allow wine  ( well, maybe if it is made in Michigan)
 -- they only play Kazoos when watching " SISTER ACT"
 -- and popping up ANYTHING is strickly prohibited

We ll get thru this slow period on the boards.  I m off to Hawwai Sunday am..wanna come?  
 do you ever go in the chat room?  there never seems to be anyone there when I go. If you do, tell me what time you are likely to be there and I will try to make it too.  Maybe we can get Rita to join us.  
 hugs and peace

g-whiz

otterNo giggling?  No California wine?  Limited kazoo playing?  Nothing that pops up?  You are right!  I d NEVER make it as a nun.  I did like Sister G-Whiz, tho.  It had a ring to it.  Guess I ll keep searching, during this down time, for the meaning of my existence.  Perhaps it IS to go to Hawaii and become a hula dancer?  I can t make it on Sunday, but ask me another time with more time to plan and I ll be on that plane with you. [;)]

I didn t even know there was a chat area on here.  I would love to chat sometime.  And, yes, we HAVE to get Rita to join us even if she just checks in once a week for time of hysteria.  

Peace be with you and amen sistah!

GuestWelcome CKkevin,
 to you and your wife and two daughters.
 If you can make it to one of our other rallies before the Gold Country rally it would be great to meet you.
 We are all just a bunch of assorted people who love to get together, and laugh.
 Looking forward to meeting you

Kevin

6Quigs

Red neff BarchettaARGHHHhhh

Why was I loged in as GUEST!!!!!
 That last reply welcoming Kevin Was From Kevin AKA 6Quigs,

See,
 If i had tried to visit the members area of the board first, I would have realised it,
 But no, I always check out here first,
 just like a loyal NNCer should do.

g-whiz

Red neff BarchettaThis is a question for The Quigs or anyone else who might be in the know.  

Have you ever had Dubliner Cheese or Vintage Dubliner Cheese?  And, if so, what did you think?  Here s a link to the Trader Joe s Fearless Flyer with the article that makes me ask the question.  Scroll to the bottom of page 18.

http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless/SCfeb.pdf

BTW, Scott thinks that TJ s got stuck with too much cheese that sat around for two years and ended up being very tasty, thus Vintage Dubliner!

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff BarchettaG-whiz - " Aged vintage"  cheese is up there with croutons.  I pay extra for both, lol.  I love how we pay for things that are supposed to be a waste by-product like whey.

6Quigs

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteHave you ever had Dubliner Cheese or Vintage Dubliner Cheese?
Never heard of, or tried either of them.
 Funny, it s called Dubliner Cheese, yet it s made from the milk of cows in Cork!!!
 I m sure DW will pick some up next time she s in Trader Joe s.
 No wait,
 An excuse to got shopping,
 She s gone!!!
 Will you keep you posted on the taste of both the fresh cheese, and the old stuff.