News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Forum too quiet - share next years plans

Started by Gwenzilla, Oct 11, 2007, 10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwenzilla

This forum is too quiet.  Everyone must either be out camping, done camping, in a temporary lull, or planning next years agenda.  We are folded up and have no "planned" trips remaining this year... but you never know when a "spur of the moment" trip may come up.
We are planning an Oregon trip for next year if all goes well (you know...time & money). We are hoping to hit the Rogue river area in the Medford/Grants pass area, then maybe over to Crater Lake... and if things go like I want I'd love to get up to Tillamook to take in the cheese factory tour and see the Tillamook air museum among other things.
If ya'll know of any "must see's" in Oregon please share the info as our plans are just being started and we are always open to suggestions during our planning phase.
What is on everyone elses wish list for next year?  Lets hear about your plans.  Keep the NorCal forum active or else the SoCal group will tease us relentlessly.

BTW we might even try a trip to Durango Colorado too... but funding for that excursion is nowhere to be found yet.  Maybe I should play the Lotto more !

wavery

Quote from: GwenzillaWhat is on everyone elses wish list for next year?  Lets hear about your plans.  Keep the NorCal forum active or else the SoCal group will tease us relentlessly.

BTW we might even try a trip to Durango Colorado too... but funding for that excursion is nowhere to be found yet.  Maybe I should play the Lotto more !
:confused: There's a NorCal forum?? :o

Dee4j

I remember the Tillamock cheese factory tour ..I was there forever ago when I was like 8-10 yrs old. someday I will go back..

I thought about teasing you guys, but wavery did it for me ;)

TheViking

Quote from: wavery:confused: There's a NorCal forum?? :o

Disclaimer: Anything Wayne(Wavery), says in this forum is not necessarily the opinion of the SoCal Campers.   Should he say anything to offend, it should be taken up with him.   Unless he has express written consent from said SoCal Campers.

Thank you

AustinBoston

Quote from: TheVikingDisclaimer: Anything Wayne(Wavery), says in this forum is not necessarily the opinion of the SoCal Campers.   Should he say anything to offend, it should be taken up with him.   Unless he has express written consent from said SoCal Campers.

Thank you

Disclaimer: Anything Austin (AustinBoston) says in this forum is not necessarily the opinion of anyone, including himself.  Should he say anything that does not offend, smack him and he will return to himself.  He does not have consent, written or otherwise.   :D

Thank You

Austin

wavery

Quote from: TheVikingDisclaimer: Anything Wayne(Wavery), says in this forum is not necessarily the opinion of the SoCal Campers.   Should he say anything to offend, it should be taken up with him.   Unless he has express written consent from said SoCal Campers.

Thank you
:-() :-()

Gwenzilla

Quote from: AustinBostonDisclaimer: Anything Austin (AustinBoston) says in this forum is not necessarily the opinion of anyone, including himself.  Should he say anything that does not offend, smack him and he will return to himself.  He does not have consent, written or otherwise.   :D

Thank You

Austin

Dee4j

Quote from: Gwenzilla

that's funny. In English, what Viking is trying to say..is wavery says things to start trouble....and any trouble he starts should no way be misconstrued as the comments or opinions of the SCCampers or the Fish Squad   :sombraro:

wavery...yes you... :Z

wavery

Quote from: Dee4jthat's funny. In English, what Viking is trying to say..is wavery says things to start trouble....and any trouble he starts should no way be misconstrued as the comments or opinions of the SCCampers or the Fish Squad   :sombraro:

:-() :-()

BTW.......we are bringing our watch-dog

TheViking

Quote from: Dee4jthat's funny. In English, what Viking is trying to say..is wavery says things to start trouble....and any trouble he starts should no way be misconstrued as the comments or opinions of the SCCampers or the Fish Squad :sombraro:

Not to worry though, in just a few short days we will slap him around a little  and Dee will blowtorch his trailer.   That will take him down a peg or two. It may not last that long, but we will try.:D

wavery

Quote from: TheVikingNot to worry though, in just a few short days we will slap him around a little  and Dee will blowtorch his trailer.   That will take him down a peg or two. It may not last that long, but we will try.:D

harleywolf

Calstate361

Hey, I finally get to chime in also.  Sal finally got a computer up and running for me to use but now we are having so much trouble with Earthlink.  I spent 2 hours on the phone with them last Wednesday because we have been having trouble with our modem.  I have been trying to get the issue fixed since last June.  They determined that we needed the modem replaced, and people were supposed to call us to set up an appointmen for a technician to come out.  No one evers calls or if they did call and set up an appointment, the technician never shows up.  AND, they keep wanting to charge us for the DSL!   Last week the supervisor I talked to said he would send out a new modem and waive the charges AGAIN and we should have the new modem in 2-3 days.  Well, as of yesterday we still had not received the modem so I called again.  The supervisor I talked to this time said that there was no record from the person I had talked to.  I told him exactly who it was I talked to and the time of day it was.  Bottom line is they said the guarantee for the modem expired back in June and we would have to either sign up for another year or pay $75 for a new modem, plus shipping.  I told him that we called back in June before the guarantee expired so we should still get a free one.  He would not bend so I told him we would switch providers and I was not going to pay the bill for something we did not receive.  So yesterday, Sal ordered a modem from Yahoo.   What a mess!

Also, the appraiser is coming out tomorrow to look at the damages to the 5er.   Now I just have to come up with the deductible.

As for camping, we are planning to be at the NACO/TT preserve called "Turtle Beach" which is located  behind where the Manteca Water Slides used to be.  Not to far of a drive.  We have met our full-timer friends there for the last several years for Turkey Day.  We usually swithch who frys the Turkey, this year it is me.  I will also bring my dinner rolls that everyone loves and some sort of desert.  Our friends have told me that their kids will be coming so the preserve is letting us use the lodge.  We always invite the preserve staff also so we put out a good spread.  Almost like our Saturday Night Pot-Lucks.  Good food for all!

Talk to you all soon.

Joan

Russinator

I have to say that the first several posts very very funny--even better than the joke thread that I read everyday.

You guys crack me up.

Thanks for the laughs.

Russ

OC Campers

We are still around too.  The camper is tucked away in the garage till Veterans day weekend.  Randy is taking the boys dirt biking down to the Mojave desert for 5 days.  The girls are staying home   I work retail and November is the start of the holiday season.  There will be 9 people sleeping in the Westie for a couple of days.   Oh the smell!!:eek:   Yuck.

So far we have no plans except for the Lake Lopez trip with the SCCampers in July.  We might make a 2 week trip of it, going up the coast to Oregon but we are not sure.  Randy also wants to go see his mom in the UP of Michigan around then too.  Can only afford 1 of those trips.

Jacqui