News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Forum too quiet - share next years plans

Started by Gwenzilla, Oct 11, 2007, 10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6Quigs

Soccer sean is here, so I have 3 soccer games each Saturday, so that puts a damper on our camping trips,
We are scheduled to go camping at Thanksgiving, the week after Christmas, a weekend in January, and another in February and a week in April for Spring break. We have also booked Lopez Lake with the SCCampers.

Next Thursday I'll be on Reserve America booking for May 2008 trips

Gwenzilla

Quote from: Calstate361Hey, I finally get to chime in also.... etc

Joan, I was wondering why we haven't heard from you.  We thought that now that you are retired you may have disappeared into one of those Florida retirement mecca's....  Glad to know that not the case.

zamboni

We've still been camping quite a bit, finally slowing down -- our last, for this year, is Nov 9-11.  It is our Starcraft club's annual Turkey Roast, always down in Lodi (which makes it a great 30-minute commute for us!)

After that, who knows?  With the baby due in January, we'll play things by ear, but still plan on camping - we did a week long camping trip when Shelby was 3 weeks old (Starcraft international rally, in NorCal that year); it doesn't really matter where we are with a newborn, as long as long as the "food supplier" is present and manufacturing :)

Since I will be blissfully unemployed come December, and I'm not planning on looking for a new contract until March-ish, we'll be available for camping, and hope to hit Easter in SoCal, etc.

Shelby, camping at 3-weeks old:

Dee4j

Quote from: 6QuigsSoccer sean is here, so I have 3 soccer games each Saturday, so that puts a damper on our camping trips,
We are scheduled to go camping at Thanksgiving, the week after Christmas, a weekend in January, and another in February and a week in April for Spring break. We have also booked Lopez Lake with the SCCampers.

Next Thursday I'll be on Reserve America booking for May 2008 trips

so what site do you have at Lopez??

6Quigs

Quote from: Dee4jso what site do you have at Lopez??

#4 I believe

Calstate361

Gwenzella/George, glad to hear from you also.  I have been real good the last month and going to work out at Curves every morning they are open; so that is 6 days a week.   Sal sleeps until about 11:00 a.m. or so so that gets me out of the house and not making any noise to get him irritated.  Which you know how he can be.  I have filled out some applications for part-time for places like JoAnn's and Hancock Fabrics and Michael's to get some extra money to pay for the expensive gas for our travels, but no one has called me yet.  I'm hoping to get something for the Holidays.

Finally got the adjuster out to look at the trailer and hope to get that in for repairs soon.  I want it done before thre trip to Turtle Beach (another NACO/TT preserve located behind the old Manteca Water Slides) for Thanksgiving.  We have been meeting our full-timer friends there for the last several years.  We will be there from 11/19 throuigh 11/29.  That is the only trip planned for now until after the holidays.

Talk to you all soon.

Joan

Calstate361

Update on the trailer...we took it to American RV Service Center in Rocklin because that is were our insurance wanted us to take it and because they guarantee any work or parts that are done for the life of the trailer.  Well, after they looked at the roof they told us it would not be just a patch job but had to be a replacement of the whole roof (which made Sal happy).  We have had to cancel our Thanksgiving camping trip because the repair shop said they could not get it done until the middle to end of December.  So I guess we will just drive to Turtle Beach to meet our friends on turkey day.  OH WELL, such is life.

I haven't heard back from any of the places I applied for a job.  I just might have to resort to working in a Jack in the Box, or something of that sort, UGH.  

Talk to you again soon.

Joan

OC Campers

Joan, I am sorry to hear about the camper damage.  Zambonie was telling us about the cg and how the accident happened.  Damn tree.  Hopefully, the repair shop will have it as good as new soon.

You are already looking for a job?  You have only been retired 2 months:eek: :p .   Come on over to Walmart.  We are always hiring.  How are you at people greeting?

Hugs,
Jacqui

Calstate361

Yes, looking for a part-time job to pay for the expensive gas for our future trips we want to take now that I'm retired.   I filled out the Wal-Mart application on-line last night and I think the thing took me, at least, 2 hours.  I have supervisory experience so I had 2 extra questionaires to fill out.  They should hire me just for all the time spent filling out the stuff! :eyecrazy:

I'm disappointed that we can't do our Thanksgiving camping trip, but I guess it is just as well to get the roof and other stuff fixed while I'm trying to get extra money to travel with.   God has the plan and we just go along for the ride.

Thanks for asking.

Joan

OC Campers

Quote from: Calstate361Yes, looking for a part-time job to pay for the expensive gas for our future trips we want to take now that I'm retired. I filled out the Wal-Mart application on-line last night and I think the thing took me, at least, 2 hours. I have supervisory experience so I had 2 extra questionaires to fill out. They should hire me just for all the time spent filling out the stuff! :eyecrazy:

I'm disappointed that we can't do our Thanksgiving camping trip, but I guess it is just as well to get the roof and other stuff fixed while I'm trying to get extra money to travel with. God has the plan and we just go along for the ride.

Thanks for asking.

Joan
You're right.  If you can actually fill out the application on their silly computer you should get the job.  It is not an easy thing to do.:eyecrazy: .  GOOD LUCK!!

Jacqui

Gwenzilla

Quote from: Calstate361Yes, looking for a part-time job to pay for the expensive gas for our future trips we want to take

Jeez, I'm still fully employed and with gas prices as they are now I'll have to take another part time job just to keep up!  Do you think the Walmart Blue vest will make me look fat? (well OK I should have said "fat[size=+2]ter[/size]")   :screwy:

Geo.

OC Campers

Quote from: GwenzillaJeez, I'm still fully employed and with gas prices as they are now I'll have to take another part time job just to keep up! Do you think the Walmart Blue vest will make me look fat? (well OK I should have said "fat[size=+2]ter[/size]") :screwy:

Geo.
Good news Geo, Wally World doesn't have us wear the "blue" vest anymore.  Tan pants and blue or green shirt is the preferred uniform.  Makes us a little harder to spot when an angry customer is gunning for someone:D .  Plus, navy blue is slimming;) .

Jacqui

Gwenzilla

Quote from: OC CampersWally World doesn't have us wear the "blue" vest anymore.  Tan pants and blue or green shirt is the preferred uniform.  Makes us a little harder to spot..

and I just thought our Walmart was understaffed... now thanks to Jacqui I know that they were all just hiding in plain sight with their "corporate camouflage".

OC Campers

Quote from: Gwenzillaand I just thought our Walmart was understaffed... now thanks to Jacqui I know that they were all just hiding in plain sight with their "corporate camouflage".
:) :) :)  Now you know our secret

Jacqui

Calstate361

At our local Wal-Mart, we have a greeter that has to use the electric cart, maybe you can do that, George!   :D   I see him at the main door and also at the nursery entrance; he seems to get around.

I just filled out an on-line application for Walgreens because they are opening up a new one close to home (Watt & Elkhorn) in February; but maybe I can get hired for the holidays at the other stores close by.

Still can't do any camping until we get the 5er back.

Joan