News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Forum too quiet - share next years plans

Started by Gwenzilla, Oct 11, 2007, 10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calstate361

Jacqui, I though I would check here before I went off to work today, another 11-8:00 shift.  

Things went pretty well yesterday, the feet still hurt but not as much as before and the back didn't hurt at all.  So I guess the new supports and shoes are working.  I don't hurt as much this morning.  Yesterday was a very boring day because they put me on register 1 (the quick check) and people seldom come down that way because it is just before the self check registers.  I was standing on the "red line" all day.  I had to "attack" customers to get them to come to my register so I would have something to do.  The manager promised he wouldn't put me there today.  I told him I wanted it in blood, and of course, he laughed.  We will see how I hold up today.

THANKS

Joan

OC Campers

Hang in there Joan.  I also hate "speedy check".  Too much bending for me.  During the week I am always on the cigarette register since that onc is always open.  I work 5am-2pm Wed, Thurs and Friday and 12-9 on the weekend.  

Jacqui

Calstate361

I work 11-8:00 tomorrow then 9-6 on Saturday & Sunday, off Monday & Tuesday, then 11-8:00 the rest of the week.  They haven't posted the next 3 weeks for us "newbies" yet.  Received my first paycheck today, not bad for a few days.  I don't have a regular schedule yet so we will see what's posted next.

Joan

TheViking

Gwenzilla

[size=+4]No way ![/size]

I still want to talk about next years plans... even if I am the only one that is planning that far ahead  (ahhh .... Oregon... I can't wait)

Calstate361

COOL Pictures!!!

Viking, the thread really wasn't hijacked because I was talking about how my plans will be affected by working at Wal-Mart.  As Jacqui states, NO MORE WEEK-ENDS!!!

Well here is the latest on my working at Wal-Mart....My name has not been posted for work on week #50 which is the week of January 5th so it looks like I'm laid off.  The managers over the cashiers have told me to talk to the department head and see if she can call me back or keep me.  I don't go into work until 7:00 today so I hope she is still there so I can talk to her; we will see.

OC Campers

Hang in there Joan. If they lay you off I would try and see if you can work at the Antelope store.  Everytime I go in there they have huge lines and no help.

Jacqui

Calstate361

Well, Wal-Mart did it, laid me off!  I went in for my 5-9:00 p.m. shift last night and they told me to go to the back office; I went but no one was there so I went back up front to the registers and the manager put me on #8.   About a half hour later I was told to go to the front office and that's where whey paid me off for the 4 hours I was scheduled and the previous hours I had already worked and sent home; I didn't have to finish my shift!  They told me they would like me to apply again in 90 days.  So, I'll apply around April 1st and see what I might get.  I'm not allowed to apply before the 90 days are up.   Maybe we will get some camping in during that time.  I have to call the RV repair place to see if the trailer is done because we haven't heard from them.

Talk you all soon.

Joan

OC Campers

Quote from: Calstate361Well, Wal-Mart did it, laid me off! I went in for my 5-9:00 p.m. shift last night and they told me to go to the back office; I went but no one was there so I went back up front to the registers and the manager put me on #8. About a half hour later I was told to go to the front office and that's where whey paid me off for the 4 hours I was scheduled and the previous hours I had already worked and sent home; I didn't have to finish my shift! They told me they would like me to apply again in 90 days. So, I'll apply around April 1st and see what I might get. I'm not allowed to apply before the 90 days are up. Maybe we will get some camping in during that time. I have to call the RV repair place to see if the trailer is done because we haven't heard from them.

Talk you all soon.

Joan
Joan, I am so sorry to hear this.  You were doing a great job.  Now is the time to get camping.

Jacqui

Calstate361

THANKS Jacqui, we all knew it was temporary, but you can always hope it will turn into permanent.  Like I said, I'll have to call the RV Service place on Wednesday (they are closed today and probably tomorrow) and check on the status of the trailer so we CAN get some camping done.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY ONE!

Joan

Gwenzilla

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZ  ZZZZzzzz ZZzzhu ... huh?  anybody here?  No?  oh well... back to sleep ...... ZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZ   zzzzZZZZ

harleywolf

Hey George and Donna, we

Gwenzilla

How do Rick, nice to hear from you, I was beginning to worry that the NorCal Campers had dissolved.  Your Tahoe trip sounded like a great time.  We haven't got out yet this year.  But we're working on it.  Schedules, work, school (AJ), it all gets in the way of serious camping.
We are going to pull our first extended camping excursion this year.  We are going on a two week blitz of Oregon on the latter half of July.  I don't think I've ever done more than a 5 day campout in the trailer so far, so it should be a real experience.
Other than that and a trip to Petaluma KOA in October we haven't made and plans so far.  Maybe we can work on getting a NorCal outing soon. So if any NorCal'ers are lurking out there lets hear from you.

OC Campers

We are still here too.  Unfortunately, we also have not been camping in a while.  Randy and the kids took the popup down to the Mojave desert in November and that was the last time it has  been out.

It looks like we won't get her out till Memorial weekend the way things are looking right now.   We will be going to the desert again the end of May, Bridgeport June 13-20 and to Lake Lopez to meet the SC Campers the end of July.  With the kids getting older and me still working retail it gets harder and harder to camp.  

Jacqui

6Quigs

We've been out camping three weekends already this year, and are off again this weekend, our maiden trip in our "new to us" rig.

Got a full week booked in April, when the kids are off school for spring break, so are looking forward to that, along with about 4 other weekend trips we have also booked to various other State parks.