News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Forum too quiet - share next years plans

Started by Gwenzilla, Oct 11, 2007, 10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee4j

Quote from: 6QuigsWe've been out camping three weekends already this year, and are off again this weekend, our maiden trip in our "new to us" rig.

What did you get???

Calstate361

YA, Kevin, what did you get....pictures, pictures, pictues, PLEASE

As for us, most of you know that our 5er has been in the shop FOR EVER!!! We just got it back about 2 weeks ago.   Sal got all his stuff back in the basement and and when he went to move it over a bit more on the driveway, the front jack that we just had fixed failed.   So, now Sal has to take the stuff out of the basement again and I need to call Villiage RV and tell them.  Now we have to figure out when we want to take it back in.   This is so disgusting!  I don't know when we will be able to camp again for a while.  My Dad wants to go to Montana to visit relatives and since he will be 90 in July I don't want him to go alone so we are trying to plan a trip with the 5er sometime in June or July.

Also, I am working again as a Retired Annuitant for the State Controller's Office while one of the contract staff is off on maternity leave.  This short stint is supposed to last for about 3 months ( I started on 2/25/08), BUT, one can only hope to stay on longer.  As long as I don't work over 960 hours, it doesn't affect my Retirement.  My boss is still trying to hire someone full-time for this position, but with the hiring freeze, hopefully, he will keep me longer as Retired Annuitants are exempt.    So, we will have to see when we can host a outing again.

HEY, you all want to go to Montana with us? :eyecrazy:  ;)

HE HE HE HE   :D

Joan

6Quigs

Quote from: Dee4jWhat did you get???

It's a Fleetwood :confused:

You got to come camping with us to see it. :)

It is nice, and there is plenty of room for all 6 of us, and we can even bring along one or two of the kids friends along.
We went camping last weekend to Sunset beach, and it was perfect. There was some rain, but fot the most part the weather was nice, just right for long walks through the campground or along the beach.
We had fun organizing the inside, finding places for everything, and still having some empty overhead storage.

Next trip is in 2 weeks, 7 days camping at the beach while the kids are off for spring break.

Dee4j

Quote from: 6QuigsIt's a Fleetwood :confused:

You got to come camping with us to see it. :)

It is nice, and there is plenty of room for all 6 of us, and we can even bring along one or two of the kids friends along.
We went camping last weekend to Sunset beach, and it was perfect. There was some rain, but fot the most part the weather was nice, just right for long walks through the campground or along the beach.
We had fun organizing the inside, finding places for everything, and still having some empty overhead storage.

Next trip is in 2 weeks, 7 days camping at the beach while the kids are off for spring break.

You are going to make me wait until July....You are so cruel :%

after Lopez I will be continueing North for another week. when I get everything finalized I will put a post up. Hopefully others will join me

6Quigs

O.K. Dee,
here's a photo I took on Saturday when it was raining. My SIL & Hubby (on couch) with their MIL (at sink) joined us for lunch

Dee4j

Quote from: 6QuigsO.K. Dee,
here's a photo I took on Saturday when it was raining. My SIL & Hubby (on couch) with their MIL (at sink) joined us for lunch

Thanks Kevin-
Now I feel loved!!   Very nice. It looks very roomy with the slide...I have the same trach can in my trailer...I'm getting trailer envy ....so the make & Model is????
can't wait to get a tour.

OC Campers

Quote from: Dee4jThanks Kevin-
Now I feel loved!! Very nice. It looks very roomy with the slide...I have the same trach can in my trailer...I'm getting trailer envy ....so the make & Model is????
can't wait to get a tour.
It looks like a motorhome to me.  Looks like Conner is sitting on a single chair (something like what would be found in a moho)

Jacqui

Calstate361

GEE Dee, glad you feel loved because I feel totally neglected.  I WAS THE ONE WHO ASKED FOR THE PICTURES!!! :banghead:

Nice trailer, Kevin (even though you did ignore me)!

Joan   :D

6Quigs

Joan,
Just so you don't feel neglected, hear are some 'pictures, pictures, pictures' .

Yes, it is a motorhome, a Fleetwood Bounder 34V.

I already have some mods lined up to do.
First is to modify the back bedroom so the three boys can sleep there.
We have added some memory foam to the matress on the sleeper sofa, and that's where we will sleep.

It fits nicely in the back yard, though I had to modify the fence a bit, and the lawn will never be the same, but it is easily accessible and packing up was a breeze, just step out the back door and there it is.

http://community.webshots.com/user/QuigsRV

Calstate361

THANKS for the pictures, pictures, pictures, Kevin.  Nice MH.  

At first it looked almost like my friends that are full timers the way the dinette and couch were set up, their door is right in front of the passenger seat, but it ends there.  Your bathroom is bigger than theirs and the bedroom is set up differently.   I know what you mean about walk out your door and you are ready to go.   We do almost the same thing with the 5er.  Sal has been talking about moving to a MH because it would be easier for him to drive, but I haven't given in yet.  I just talked to my full timer friends and they said that around NACO/TT Morgan Hill preserve, where they are currently parked, the gas is around $4.35.  We are paying $3.51 here in North Highlands.   If gas keeps going up like it is, we won't be able to afford to go anywhere this summer!!!   They just told me that they are going to be camp hosts at New Melones for the summer.  Not sure if we will make it there or not.

Again, thanks for the pictures.

Talk to you all soon.

Joan

Dee4j

Quote from: 6QuigsJoan,
Just so you don't feel neglected, hear are some 'pictures, pictures, pictures' .

Yes, it is a motorhome, a Fleetwood Bounder 34V.

I already have some mods lined up to do.
First is to modify the back bedroom so the three boys can sleep there.
We have added some memory foam to the matress on the sleeper sofa, and that's where we will sleep.

It fits nicely in the back yard, though I had to modify the fence a bit, and the lawn will never be the same, but it is easily accessible and packing up was a breeze, just step out the back door and there it is.

http://community.webshots.com/user/QuigsRV

VERY COOL>>>CONGRATS...too bad there isn't much storage :rolleyes:  :J

Calstate361

HEY KEVIN..... :-()

I saw something on the way home from work today and I think you should do this instead of the mods to the bedroom you are talking about.

I saw a MH towing a toy hauler trailer!!!   SEE, that's what you need to do, have another trailer just for the kids and you can haul your extra vehicle in the toy hauler.  You and Margaret can have the whole MH to yourselves most of the time, especially at night! ;)

That should be loads of fun.   :D     Just think of it!!!   HA! :D

Joan

6Quigs

Joan,
it sounds like your friends have a Diesel pusher, and yes diesel is around $4.35 a gallon here, Gas is $3.65 a gallon, though I did fill up at Costco yesterday for $3.49 a gallon.

Without the trailer, I can sell my truck, and get a car for my everyday use, so my everyday gas usage will go from 15 to 30 mpg, and so what if I only get 8 mpg in the motorhome, I will be using 300 less gallons of gas a year.

Though, I might start making longer trips, as the kids love the drive. no more being stuck in the one seat for the entire trip. They can get up and change seats, get a snack from the fridge, use the restroom, or whatever. It currently only has 7 seatbelts, so I need to add a few more so they have more of a choice where to sit and we can feel safer. They are only allowed to walk around when they have our permission, but sit down and strap back in when they are finished.
I need to add more 12 volt cigarette lighter outlets so they can power their i-pods, nintendo's, DVD players, charge cell phones, laptops and GPS while driving. All lots of fun!!

Calstate361

Kevin, so no comment on the toy hauler idea?

I do see your point though about the kids being able to move around.   Anything to keep them happy while traveling.

My friends may have the d-pusher, I don't know, but her parents travel with them also so that's double the cost.

I'm sure you will have lots of fun in the new MH.

Makes me think about one a little more. :yikes:

Joan

6Quigs

Joan, We still have the Hybrid, and did think about towing it behind the motorhome, but a 35 foot RV plus 28 foot trailer is 63 feet long!!
Let me get used to driving the 35 foot long, 8 and a half feet wide motorhome first before thinking about towing anything!!!
Just the thought of trying to back into a site to park the toyhauler is scarey enough!!

Anyway, this time 2 weeks, we will be camping at Seacliff State beach, having our coffee, looking out at the ocean, just relaxing.

All the kids beach toys were able to fit in the basement storage, so that's where they can stay ready for camping.

Our Washing machine broke last month so we had to get a new one, so I got to pull the drum out of the old one, so now we have a new fire pit.  Can you tell I am excited about going camping? :-()  :-()