News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Forum too quiet - share next years plans

Started by Gwenzilla, Oct 11, 2007, 10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee4j

Quote from: 6QuigsJoan, We still have the Hybrid, and did think about towing it behind the motorhome, but a 35 foot RV plus 28 foot trailer is 63 feet long!!
Let me get used to driving the 35 foot long, 8 and a half feet wide motorhome first before thinking about towing anything!!!
Just the thought of trying to back into a site to park the toyhauler is scarey enough!!

Anyway, this time 2 weeks, we will be camping at Seacliff State beach, having our coffee, looking out at the ocean, just relaxing.

All the kids beach toys were able to fit in the basement storage, so that's where they can stay ready for camping.

Our Washing machine broke last month so we had to get a new one, so I got to pull the drum out of the old one, so now we have a new fire pit.  Can you tell I am excited about going camping? :-()  :-()

with less work to set up this means you can join us again next year at newport Dunes... :D The weather is absolutely gorgeous :book:  ...wish you guys were here :!

Calstate361

Ya, Kevin, I know what you mean.  Our 5er is 36 ft long and so far all I have done is tow it, I haven't even tried to back  or park it up yet.   But I do need to learn in case Sal get sick.    I was just trying to get some rabble rousing started. :D

We have to take our 5er back in AGAIN!!!  We just got it back from all the repairs at the two different RV places and the front jack that Villiage RV just fixed doesn't work.  When we got it home Sal parked it in the middle of the driveway, as he usually does.   He leaves it overnight, then the next day he moves it over so we have more room and I can get my car next to it on the driveway.  Well, when he went to lower the NEW jack back down, it wouldn't lock in place so now he has the ball jack back under it again.   I can't believe this is happening again after all the time in both shops!!! :banghead:   So I guess now I'll have to take the tubs out of the basement again so Sal can take it back in.   This is a total BUMMER!!!  At this rate, we will never get to go camping.  Then, of course, Buddy gets all twit-a-pated when he sees us doing anything with the trailer because you all know how he loves to go camping!   He hangs on Sal for a week thinking that we are not going to leave him behind!.

Joan

zamboni

Things have been a bit busy for us - but camping season is starting again.

My contract job ended last Thanksgiving, and there I was, happily enjoying my unemployed self, when I accidentally got a job in February (my old company begged me back).  Really put a damper on my plans of being a bum until April or May :(

Just a few weeks after this new "toy" arrived Jan 17th:

Alexa's already been on her first camping trip - we went to the delta the weekend of March 8-9.  It was also my new dog, Scooter's first trip (he's about 4).

Alexa's a bit of a slacker, though... Shelby was on a week long trip at just 3 weeks old.

Calstate361

CONTRAGS

on the new addition.  Keep this up and you will have to get a toy hauler! :D

Glad to hear you are still around.  This group is DEAD!!!!

Joan

Dee4j

Quote from: zamboniThings have been a bit busy for us - but camping season is starting again.

My contract job ended last Thanksgiving, and there I was, happily enjoying my unemployed self, when I accidentally got a job in February (my old company begged me back).  Really put a damper on my plans of being a bum until April or May :(

Just a few weeks after this new "toy" arrived Jan 17th:

Alexa's already been on her first camping trip - we went to the delta the weekend of March 8-9.  It was also my new dog, Scooter's first trip (he's about 4).

Alexa's a bit of a slacker, though... Shelby was on a week long trip at just 3 weeks old.

congrats...another beautiful girl  :D

wayner

At this point our only official plans are to go to PEI for the last week in June...  hope to get out before then... but who knows if it keeps snowing...

Twin Shores is beautiful...   http://www.twinshores.com/

Calstate361

WOOOOHOOO, nice to hear from the Canooks  :-()   (sp?), Wayner, because this Nor-Cal group is really too quiet.

THANKS

Joan

wayner

Quote from: Calstate361WOOOOHOOO, nice to hear from the Canooks  :-()   (sp?), Wayner, because this Nor-Cal group is really too quiet.

THANKS

Joan

shoot sorry about that...  didn't even notice or catch on with the Nor-Cal thing... guess that makes me a thread hi-jacker...

sorry... but hey I bet the people in PEI would love to host all kinds of your Nor-Cal campers this summer for the 100th Anniversary of Anne of Green Gables....

Calstate361

HEY, no problem; any activity here is better than nothing.

Joan

teleskiermom

Went to Casini Ranch over Easter break and actually had a nice experience. Everyone was very nice, bathrooms were clean, and the egg hunt was fun. In June we are going to Big Basin and in July we are heading up to Camp Shelly. For quick weekend trips we are going to try Big Sandy in Rio Vista and a couple of other spots in the Delta.

Gwenzilla

Ginger, I looked over the Casini Ranch papers that John gave to Donna at work.  It looks like a nice place and we'll have to try it out ourselves, hopefully this year... if we don't end up on strike...  and gas doesn't get as expensive as 20 year old scotch!  Any section at Casini that you would recommend above the rest?

Geo.

Quote from: teleskiermomWent to Casini Ranch over Easter break and actually had a nice experience. Everyone was very nice, bathrooms were clean, and the egg hunt was fun. In June we are going to Big Basin and in July we are heading up to Camp Shelly. For quick weekend trips we are going to try Big Sandy in Rio Vista and a couple of other spots in the Delta.

harleywolf

Hey all so there has been some chatter in the last month or so. I

Calstate361

Good to hear from you all.  At least somone is getting to go camping.  I was supposed to call Village RV today because they have had the 5er for 2 weeks now to fix the front jack that was just replaced, but I got busy at work and forgot.  I'll try to remember tomorrow.

Talk to you all soon.

Joan

Gwenzilla

Joan, OMG I'm sorry to hear that you are still wrestling with 5er woes!  We hope it'll all be good news when you call them about it.

We haven't got out yet this year.  Laziness, and waiting to see if our union contract gets resolved without a prolonged strike so we can fund our vacation plans.  
Heck if we end up unemployed because of an extended strike which could kill our small company...its good to know that at least with a trailer thats paid off we'll have a place to sleep if we lose our heavily mortgaged house! :yikes:

Enough doom and gloom already !!!

Our up-coming trips are:

Oregon (most of it) 2 weeks + ... Jul 19 - Aug 3
Petaluma KOA... Oct 17 - 19
and hopefully more in-between

Calstate361

YES, OMG :banghead:

I finally called Village RV about the 5er and they kind of copped an attitude saying that extended insurance won't pay for the jack because it isn't damaged.  I asked if there isn't some sort of guarantee because we picked up the trailer from them and took it straight to American RV in Rocklin and picked it up from American and took it home and the jack didn't work.  He said someone had to pull the "pin" for the insides to fall out and the pin was still there  SO I DON'T KNOW!!! Anyway, they want $1,600 for the repair!  So I guess I'll have to call the insurance now because I can't affort that.  It just never ends.  I'm almost ready to sell the D-- (darn) thing!

UUUGGGGHHHHH

Joan