News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

49er Village RV Resort Oct 16-18, 2009

Started by OC Campers, Aug 07, 2009, 01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OC Campers

Quote from: Calstate361;211056Hey all, I can't wait to see you all again.  I have more good news, my friends are also coming, John andTeresa Baker, they took space 226.  I used to work with Teresa.  Jacqui, you met then a few years back at Olema. I think it was the last rally that Nick wagon mastered. You were parked close to them.  They live close to me so I will be with them on the way to the 49er. Nothing like a little security.:-():#:yikes:

Do we want to start a menu list yet?   Of course I'll have to make my biscuts and sausage gravy Saturday morning.  

I haven't heard from the transmission place yet so I'll give them a call tomorrow.  They said 4 days which will be tomorrow.  Not looking forward to the cost, but have to do it if I want to go camping.

Joan
I remember them.  Didn't they have a Roo hybrid?  They were really nice people.

We will be making tacos for Friday dinner.  With the amount of people that will be there we may want another main dish to share.

Not sure about Saturday breakfast.  Maybe camp donuts?

Jacqui

Calstate361

Yes, they had the Roo, but I haven't camped with them in a long time as Teresa had some medical problems and they slowed down on their camping for a while so I don't know if they still have it or not.   They are probably like the rest of us and have upgraded.  I'll have to ask them.  As for dinner Friday night, I'll think on it and come up with either bringing more taco stuff or some other Mexican dish.

Oh, by the way, I got the truck back and it is running beautifully so we are all set to go.  I have to get into the trailer on one of these cool days and clean it up as Sal was in there doing who knows what when he was kind of mixed up and kind of trashed it.

Got to go as the dogs are barking at something.

Joan

miss kathy

I am so sorry - but I am having to cancel this trip- I don't have anyone to travel with me, since Barry & Susan are not able to make it also. We planned on doing a caravan.

Kathy:(:o

Calstate361

So sorry Kathy that I won't get to meet you.  Hopefully next time.

Joan

miss kathy

Hopefully it will happen soon- I will miss camping

kathy

Calstate361

I will bring a taco casserol to add to the dinner Friday night.  Saturday night I'll have a roast and I'll also make "Not Yo Mama's Bannana Pudding".  It's a recipe from Paula Dean; it's easy to make and feeds a lot.  I have made it before at a rally.

I can't wait.  See you all soon.

Joan

OC Campers

We are ready for the campout.  I just need to go out and turn on the fridge and load some stuff.  I love having the camper on the side of the house.  So easy to load.

We will bring the corn tortillas and 4 pounds of ground beef.  Can anyone else help with the lettuce, cheese, tomato and sour cream?  I will also bring the Lindy's sauce.  Yum.    Saturday dinner potluck i will bring a tri tip and some sort of side dish.

Saturday we will probably head out for Apple Hill if anyone is interested in tagging along.

Jacqui

boncrab

We can handle the lettuce, tomatoes, some cheese and a tub of sour cream!!!

Bryan wants to have BBQ hamburgers, sure hope he doesn't burn them...LOL.  We will bring a large tossed salad to share.

If possible, can we cook a small portion of the meat plain because of Bryans allergy to tomatoes or do I need to bring some? We have plently.

Are we doing a shared breakfast for Saturday or Sunday?

OC Campers

I don't use any seasoning in the ground beef only a little salt and pepper.  No tomato unless you put it on the taco.  I am going to bring a pasta salad to share for Saturday dinner.  

We can do a breakfast potluck if you want.   I believe Joan said something about biscuits and gravy.  I will bring scrambled eggs and some breakfast meat.  

Jacqui

6Quigs

Well our daughter has her SAT's on Saturday, so is not able to make it and Margaret is going to stay behind with her.
I will stall be there with the three boys,
It was difficult to think of camping yesterday with the storm that battered us, over 10" of rain in the mountains.
It looks like it will clear up for the weekend, and we should have some decent weather.
Not sure what I'll bring to the potlucks, and looking forward to seeing everyone again

OC Campers

Quote from: 6Quigs;211655Well our daughter has her SAT's on Saturday, so is not able to make it and Margaret is going to stay behind with her.
I will stall be there with the three boys,
It was difficult to think of camping yesterday with the storm that battered us, over 10" of rain in the mountains.
It looks like it will clear up for the weekend, and we should have some decent weather.
Not sure what I'll bring to the potlucks, and looking forward to seeing everyone again

I am sorry Margaret and Ashling won't be able to make it.  Chris and Matthew are looking forward to hanging out with the guys.

Jacqui

Calstate361

My friends John and Teresa came by on Monday after work to make sure I had  everything I needed before we leave on Friday.  John wasn's sure if he could leave work before 3:00 so I'm not sure we will make it for dinner.   Teresa said she would call me Thursday as John will have a better idea when he might be able to leave so I'll let you know.  I'll still bring the Taco dish just in case we make it.

Kevin, sorry Margaret and Ashley won't be there, I was looking forward to seeing them again.

Joan

boncrab

Breakfasts sound good. I will bring fruit and hashbrowns/potatoes.

OC Campers

We will not be able to hit the road till 4pm which means we should get there about 530pm.  Should only take us about 20 minutes to setup and then get dinner started.

Jacqui

zamboni

We are going to have to cancel.  Alexa has a fever and has not been sleeping well so I think it's best we stay home.  We will miss seeing everybody:(