News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: Ha Ha Sisterhood

Started by Surfcal, Mar 30, 2003, 11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otter

griffsmomLet s go folks:  or I ll have to start talking to myself again.

Cottonwooder

otterHey, Dianne, I ve been talking to you over on the General board, and you sneak off here to talk to yourself.  Can t keep up with you, LOL! [8D]

otter

Cottonwooder
QuoteHey, Dianne, I ve been talking to you over on the General board, and you sneak off here to talk to yourself. Can t keep up with you, LOL!  

Seems like this and Rabbling are the only threads working.  There is a definitely a move to not spending as much time on the boards.  I got 9 blankets made during this durth in posts!  

I wish this weather would make up its mind.  We went on a birding thing this morning and noted over 40 shore/water birds.  Very neat. It was good light and relatively warm for being on the water.  Now we are home and the clouds are coming in.  Now that s good planning.  

Tag: your it... find me if you can[8D]

Cottonwooder

otter
QuoteTag: your it... find me if you can

You win!  Your post was up for 8 hours before I noticed/found it here.  Was giving AbDiver a hard time over on the Gold Rush board instead, LOL!

Nine blankets???  Please tell me these are tiny lap size blankets.  (Do you crochet, knit, or quilt?)  My perfectionist streak slows me down in both of my hobbies.  Tried hard to scrap without a ruler.  Gave up, miserable.  Now I m slow but happy, but boy are my margins are precise, LOL! [:D]

My next sewing project is to make a tote bag big enough to hold my 12x12"  paper.  [:)]

Tracy and David

griffsmomHi, Ladies!  Can I come in and play?  I just found y all.  I haven t had time to go back and read from the beginning, but you sure seem like a lot of fun around here!  But if there are membership requirements, I ll try to find time to go and read it all.  I ll just let my kiddoes run wild for another hour or so!!

Cottonwooder

Tracy and David
QuoteBut if there are membership requirements,

I was about to say two X chromosomes, but heck, the guys come here to play too.   (They just aren t allowed to mess this place up like they do their own across the hallway.)  Continuing on the Non-Exclusiveness of NNC!  Welcome!  [:)]

Tracy and David
QuoteHi, Ladies! Can I come in and play? I just found y all. I haven t had time to go back and read from the beginning, but you sure seem like a lot of fun around here! But if there are membership requirements, I ll try to find time to go and read it all. I ll just let my kiddoes run wild for another hour or

WElcome:  the only requirement I know is the ability to laugh easily loudly.  Other than taht we are all VERY differnet folks..... some of us can t spell or type, but it doesn t stop us.  [:D]

Nick

griffsmomHey, with mothers day coming up and it s Michele s first I need some help coming up with ideas for a gift.  Anyone?

Tracy and David

Nick
QuoteHey, with mothers day coming up and it s Michele s first I need some help coming up with ideas for a gift. Anyone?

All I can tell you, Mike, is just make sure it doesn t run on electricity!  (unless it s for the popup, of course!!)

Depends on what she likes!  I told my family all I wanted for MD was for " someone"  (other than me!) to plant all new flowers in the front beds.  (I m not gonna get it because David s Love Language is gift giving, and he won t feel like he s told me he loves me unless I have something to unwrap!!)

My favorite gifts are services, personally.  I like days at the spa, someone to clean my house, plant my garden, pedicures, a day out with " the girls,"   etc.

BUT, that s me!  Maybe Michelle is like David and needs something to unwrap so she feels like you really took time (because you had to be thinking about her all of that time!) to search for the perfect gift.

Cottonwooder

Nick
QuoteHey, with mothers day coming up and it s Michele s first I need some help coming up with ideas for a gift. Anyone?

Rather than a store-bought gift, try something directly connected with Hunter, especially during these infant days when he s still so small, e.g. make a plaster cast of his hand or foot, or go have your portrait taken of either him alone, or both of you (my preference).  Or find a touching poem about new motherhood, or baby boys, or something along those lines.  Print it out, attach his photo, and frame it all for her.  Good luck!  [:)]

Cottonwooder

NickNick, I looked through my stash and found this one, which could go with handprints:

Little Hands
 My little hands play pat-a-cake
 They peek-a-boo and wave
 They catch me while I learn to walk
 And splash me as I bathe
 My little hands reach up to you
 For hugs before I sleep
 And fold together when I pray
 The Lord my soul to keep
 My little hands are tiny now
 But yours will serve to guide me
 And when I?m grown I?ll still reach out
 And know you?re right beside me.

This one is the tear-jerker, and Hunter and Griffy, etc. are still too young, but one day perhaps all you moms will want to put it in their baby book/scrapbook/photo album.  Warning: Kleenex!

A Touch of Love
 You were six months old and full of fun.
 With a blink of my eye, you suddenly were one.
 There were so many things we were going to do,
 But I turned my head and you turned two.
 At two you were very dependent on me,
 But independence took over when you turned three.
 Your third birthday, another year I tried to ignore,
 But when I lit the candles, there weren t three, but four.
 Four was the year that you really strived.
 Why look at you now, you re already five.
 Now you are ready for books and rules.
 This is the year that you go to school.
 The  big day came; you were anxious to go.
 We walked to the bus, going oh so slow.
 As you climbed aboard and waved goodbye,
 I felt a lump in my throat and tears stung my eyes.
 Time goes so fast, it s hard to believe
 That just yesterday you were home here, with me.
 And tomorrow when the bus brings you home and you jump to the ground,
 You ll be wearing your cap and graduation gown.
 So I m holding to these moments as hard as I can,
 Because the next time I look,
 I ll be seeing a grown man.

griffsmom

griffsmomThanks for the poems. Tricia.  I haven t seen the second one before, but it goes right along with what I always say: in ten more minutes, Griff ll be graduating from high school![:(][:)]

Tracy and David

Cottonwooder
QuoteThis one is the tear-jerker, and Hunter and Griffy, etc. are still too young, but one day perhaps all you moms will want to put it in their baby book/scrapbook/photo album. Warning: Kleenex!

Boo Hoo!  I m crying, sure enough!  Only my ds is going to be 12 this year!  How did 12 years go so fast??  Nothing against sending kids off to school, but it sure makes me glad I m homeschooling, so at least I get more time with them!  

Which reminds me, I m turning the computer OFF now, and I m not turning it on again until we re done with school!  (Too darned much temptation, especially with that little dog barking at me every time someone sends me an email!!!)  Kids are already asking for help, and here I am, typing away!

See y all later!

oldmoose

griffsmomHappy Mother s Day to all you wonderful ladies. You do a great job and thank you. Each year we go to a Mother s Day breakfast put on by a Boy Scout troop, which they ve done for over 25 years. Sunday night I will take her to our favorite sushi restaurant.

OC Campers

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

Nick, I looked through my stash and found this one, which could go with handprints:

Little Hands
 My little hands play pat-a-cake
 They peek-a-boo and wave
 They catch me while I learn to walk
 And splash me as I bathe
 My little hands reach up to you
 For hugs before I sleep
 And fold together when I pray
 The Lord my soul to keep
 My little hands are tiny now
 But yours will serve to guide me
 And when I?m grown I?ll still reach out
 And know you?re right beside me.

This one is the tear-jerker, and Hunter and Griffy, etc. are still too young, but one day perhaps all you moms will want to put it in their baby book/scrapbook/photo album.  Warning: Kleenex!

A Touch of Love
 You were six months old and full of fun.
 With a blink of my eye, you suddenly were one.
 There were so many things we were going to do,
 But I turned my head and you turned two.
 At two you were very dependent on me,
 But independence took over when you turned three.
 Your third birthday, another year I tried to ignore,
 But when I lit the candles, there weren t three, but four.
 Four was the year that you really strived.
 Why look at you now, you re already five.
 Now you are ready for books and rules.
 This is the year that you go to school.
 The  big day came; you were anxious to go.
 We walked to the bus, going oh so slow.
 As you climbed aboard and waved goodbye,
 I felt a lump in my throat and tears stung my eyes.
 Time goes so fast, it s hard to believe
 That just yesterday you were home here, with me.
 And tomorrow when the bus brings you home and you jump to the ground,
 You ll be wearing your cap and graduation gown.
 So I m holding to these moments as hard as I can,
 Because the next time I look,
 I ll be seeing a grown man.

Ok, am I emotional  now!!  Blubbering like an idiot.  I m with you Tracy.  My daughter turns 12 in July.  Where has the time gone.   I look back on her baby pictures and it seems like yesterday. :::Wahhhhh!!:::  Now I almost understand how my mother feels knowing her one and only baby is 36.

Moose, it sounds like you and Paula are going to have a wonderful Mother s day. I am so sorry to hear about your impending move.  I hope you can still make Gold Rush.

Ok, I now want to print out these poems and do something with them.