RE: " I Scream Rally" Collins Lake Oct. 10-12

Started by SactoCampers, Jul 10, 2003, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hybrid Holly

NickKevin, I can adopt a couple of your kids for the weekend!  

PCmom, thanks for doing this....as everyone says, sewer is great, but not necessary.  

pcmom

Hybrid HollyHere are the details that I set up:

So far we have 12 familes committed to coming:
 PCMOM (wagonmaster) (site 116 [:)])
 RTurner (co-wagonmaster/Activities Dirctor [:D]) (site 108)
 CalState360/361 (site 112)
 Ca-Girl (site 109)
 Champ521 (site 110)
 Ckkevin (site 111)
 Clueless in Sacramento (site 115)
 Hybrid Holly (site 122)
 Nick
 6Quigs (site 118)
 Red Neff Barchetta (site 124)
 The Memory Maker (site 126)

Group reservations made for 20 sites beginning Fri. 10/10 departing Sun 10/12 - They will hold these for 10-14 days  upon which time I will have to call again to negotiate them holding them for an additonal time (I will call on 7/21 if needed ) - so CALL NOW for your site.  1-800-286-0576

Lakefront sites $35/night: 114, 128

Non-Lakefront sites $29/night:  103, 105, 106, 107, 120, 127, 129

All sites have water and electric ONLY - NO sewer.

117 was already reserved and 113 is NOT recommended would probably NOT fit a 10  trailer.

See map at:  http://www.collinslake.com/home/mapce.html

Each person will need to call Collins Lake directly to reserve their specific site (from above).  1-800-286-0576

When you call, tell them to look at the reservation under " Van Gent"  (my last name) and then to look in the " COMMENTS"  section. This states to allow others to reserve sites not already taken within the 20.

There is a mandatory $40 deposit for EACH site, thus I didn t front the deposits - you will pay this directly to Collins Lake.  If you cancel 1 week prior to arrival they will refund $30 of your deposit.  When you call you can let them know if you are arriving on Thursday and/or leaving Monday.  1-800-286-0576

Also, there is a $7/per site reservation fee which is capped at $40 for a Group.  So instead of the first 6 people having to pay $7 and the rest not having to pay, I payed the $40 in advance and then we will split the cost among those that come.

When you check in, you can let them know the number of people staying and if you have pets.  4 people per site allowed, each additional person OVER 4 is $3 per night.  The charge of $3 for each additional person above the 4 limit only applies to 4 years old and older. Kids under 4 won t be charged.  

There are tables and BBQ (standing) at each site.  We can build our own campfire but it MUST have a metal bottom and sides surrounding it. - This is a HIGH Fire danger area.

Picnic tables in the beach area will accomodate the group for breakfast etc.

Fishing - according to State Laws - under 16 no license required, over 16 must have license.

Patio Boats - no Discount [&:]  Single Level - $180, 2 story $210 - both only hold 15 people.  Cost is for 8 am - 8 pm.

CalState361 - I asked about the Disabled Parks Pass - they don t accept it (unless their name is on the card) because they are a private campground.  Please discuss this with them when you call to reserve your site.

I think that s it - When you reserve your site, please let me know which #, then we will know where everyone is at [:)]

Also, if I have missed something, please let me know......[8D]

(They have their rules/rates set and don t budge on deposits, fees etc. [:o])

RTurner - so what will our activities be??  Does anyone want to " host"  an activity?? [:D][:D][:D]

pcmom

pcmomOh, one more thing.  All sites have water and electric ONLY - NO sewer.

Calstate361

NickTHANKS again for doing this.  We will call and make our reservation and I will ask about the Disabled Pass.  Sal thought it was a State campground, not a private one.

I just called and reserved site 112 for us.

Michell, you might want to double check, but the guy I talked to when I made our reservation said you had 10 sites reserved, not 20.

Joan

pcmom

pcmom

QuoteORIGINAL:  pcmom

When you check in, you can let them know the number of people staying and if you have pets.  4 people per site allowed, each additional person OVER 4 is $3 per night.

The charge of $3 for each additional person above the 4 limit only applies to 4 years old and older.  Kids under 4 won t be charged.[:)]

pcmom

Calstate361

QuoteORIGINAL:  Calstate361

I just called and reserved site 112 for us.

Micell, you might want to double check, but the guy I talked to when I made our reservation said you had 10 sites reserved, not 20.

Joan

Hello Joan,

I ll mark you down for site 112.  

I just called them and their " map"  shows 10 sites but the actual reservation does show 20 sites.

pcmom

pcmom
 Also, someone called and thought they needed to book a site other than what I listed.  Please RESERVE one of the sites I listed - these are " our" sites.

Sites available to reserve (unless you want to be elsewhere) are:

Lakefront sites $35/night: 109, 110, 111, 114, 122, 124, 126, 128

Non-Lakefront sites $29/night:  103, 105, 106, 107, 108, 115, 118, 120, 127, 129

(I removed sites that I know have already been reserved [:)])

I hope this hasn t been too confusing [:o]

Hybrid Holly

Nick
QuoteThe charge of $3 for each additional person above the 4 limit only applies to 4 years old and older. Kids under 4 won t be charged.  

Looks like I don t have to adopt any Quigs afterall.

I reserved site 122

Red neff Barchetta

pcmomMichelle -
 I like your " jump right in with both arms swinging"  style!  Thanks for setting this up!  I also want to know what you told your DH, lol.
 I m only home for a minute (buried in work which means more money to have to hide from uncle Sam, ha.  I m IRA d and college funded out for the year already.  I hate taxes!!), but wanted to chime in that we are in and I ll call later today or this afternoon.
 Thanks again for doing this!

pcmom

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

Michelle -
 I like your " jump right in with both arms swinging"  style!  Thanks for setting this up!  I also want to know what you told your DH, lol.
 I m only home for a minute (buried in work which means more money to have to hide from uncle Sam, ha.  I m IRA d and college funded out for the year already.  I hate taxes!!), but wanted to chime in that we are in and I ll call later today or this afternoon.
 Thanks again for doing this!

Jeff,

No problem - this is how I always get in trouble - too many projects on the plate [:)]  As for husband - he doesn t even know yet[:D][:D][:D]  He has worked in the bay area for 3 1/2 years and only home on the weekends - but this is all changing effective today [:)]  He will be working back in town now - the kids will be really excited - the younger boys don t even know yet!

As for taxes - I hate them [: (] We also have a side business as well as stuff on ebay, and I hate dealing with all the tax issues - I guess that s why I pay someone else to take care of mine[&:]

Clueless in Sacremento

pcmomMichelle,

I called and tried to reserve one of the sights you listed.  I was told they had already been reserved.  I explained that I was with the group that had reserved them but the woman kept telling me that the sites had already been taken and I could not request one of the specific sites.  Is there some additional information I should be giving them (apparently others have not had the same problem) or have all 20 sites really been taken?

Clueless in SacrementoI am soooo sorry for the confusion - there is some mis-communication there [&:]

When you call, tell them to look at the reservation under " Van Gent"  (my last name) and then to look in the " COMMENTS"  section.  This states to allow others to reserve sites not already taken within the 20.

The man I talked to apologized for all the confusion.

Clueless in Sacramento - Please call them again and give whoever you talk to the info above and they should be able to take reserve the site for you. [:)]

Clueless in Sacremento

Quoteor have all 20 sites really been taken?

This would be great!  Then it could be considered a mega-rally [:D]

pcmom

GuestOOPS - I guess I just pulled an Otter or was it a Cottonwooder [:D][8D]  I posted twice under " guest" [:o]

Red neff Barchetta

pcmomAlright, I m back.
 First off, I m glad the ding-a-ling that answered the phone and took my reservation doesn t work for me.
 Here s what I HOPE I have for a reservation, lol;
 Site 124
 Arriving on Thursday, 10/09.
 Departing on Sunday, 10/12.
 See everyone there!
 Thanks again pcmom!!!!
 Btw, we have 2 boys - 4 & 9 years old (by the time of this rally).