RE: " I Scream Rally" Collins Lake Oct. 10-12

Started by SactoCampers, Jul 10, 2003, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcmom

Red neff BarchettaI feel really bad about the problems everyone is encountering - is this typical?[:(]  Everytime I have called I have gotten the same guy on the phone, even knows people in my town.  

I ve been updating my original post on reserving the sites to include the info on what to tell whoever answers the phone (i.e., look at the COMMENTS section) and also deleting the sites already reserved from the list and putting the site # s next to whoever reserved it.

So far, we have 4 " offically"  committed families for the " I Scream Rally"  [:)]  -Make that 5 now [8D]

Clueless in Sacremento

Clueless in Sacramento - Please call them again and give whoever you talk to the info above and they should be able to take reserve the site for you. [:)]
 [/quote]

Thanks Michelle.  I was able to reserve site 115.  Fortunately, I got a different person when I called back.  I think I had the same ding a ling as Jeff the first time I called.

pcmom

Clueless in SacrementoClueless - I m glad you were able to get the reservation in.  I ve got your site number on the list [:)]

Red neff Barchetta

pcmomI think Clueless and I were unlucky enough to talk to a woman (sounded more like a girl) while you were talking to the guy who knows the skinny on our rally.  I had to remind her to take down my visa card s expiration date, lol.

No worries.  You re doing a great job.  Pretty soon after all this initial flurry of activity for the next week or so, things will slow down until right after the Tahoe rally.  Right now for example, TMM is just getting to chill until about 2 weeks from the Tahoe rally w/e.  Then we will all start to mess with him by tweaking arrival dates, switching sites, etc..., lol.
 The great thing about this group is that you don t need to plan much at all over and above what you ve already done.  You ll soon see that this group prefer s mild planning and then just letting things happen and everyone do what they want to do.  This is one of the biggest reason s (besides the great people) that I like this group so much.  No rules, fee s, obligations, meetings, etc...
 Want to hang out by yourself and get some rest?  No problem.  Want to hang out with other s all w/e?  No problem.  A little of both?  No problem.

6Quigs

pcmomYou re doing a great job Michelle.
 Sorry they are giving some people trouble when they call, but you have done your best.
 I love the fact you can open the map of Collins Lake, and click on the site for a photo and a description. I was going to take site 120, but they say it is not recommended for toddlers. (That means I would probabily not be safe after I ve had a few home brews in me, so we ll skip that one.[;)])
 Thinking of site 118, but will wait for Margaret to get home to finalize.

Holly, thanks for the offer to take a few of our kids. I just might take you up on it during the weekend, to give us a break[;)][:D]

Again Michelle, thanks for taking this on,
 and make sure Hubby has had a few beers before you let him know what you ve been doing[;)][8D]

Red neff Barchetta

pcmomKevin -
 We ll borrow a Quig for the w/e also.  Any one will do.

6Quigs

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteKevin -
 We ll borrow a Quig for the w/e also.
Thanks Jeff,
 At this rate we ll have no kids left for the weekend,
 So can do what GSMx2 and G-Whiz are always doing in their popup!
 Bet the Niagara is more stable than their SeaPine[8D]

O.K. Margaret came home,
 and checked all 20 sites for,
 length of trailer allowed,
 closeness to restrooms,
 closeness to playground,
 todler friendly,
 the view of the lake,
 morning or evening shade(don t know why, it ll be October).

Called Collins Lake,
 and got the Guy,
 who was very helpful, and booked the 6Quigs into Site 118.
 (But we ve decided already whose site we ll be stealing[;)][&:])

Red neff Barchetta

pcmomSite 118!
 Don t you realize how far I m going to have to walk now to come steal your beer?!

gsm x2

pcmom
QuoteSo can do what GSMx2 and G-Whiz are always doing in their popup!
 Bet the Niagara is more stable than their SeaPine  

[:)][:D]  And you have an extra slide out so you could do it 50%....hmmm 50% something, but not sure what.  Just be careful; you don t want to change your name to 7Quigs so you????

Quotewho was very helpful, and booked the 6Quigs into Site 118.
 (But we ve decided already whose site we ll be stealing   )

Sorry we missed the spectacle of you rolling down the road all popped up to steal P-Town s site.  Guess it worked out well.  He didn t complain and you got to have semi-dry kids for most of the weekend.

gsm x2

OC Campers

NickWow, this campground looks beautiful.  If we came I wouldn t see Randy at all.  He would be floating around in his float tube the whole weekend.  This is what Northern California is all about.[;)].

Maybe we will be able to make it to this but still haven t heard anything from the " Powers that Be" .  We are hoping next week to find out.

Jacqui

The Memory Maker

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta
 No worries.  You re doing a great job.  Pretty soon after all this initial flurry of activity for the next week or so, things will slow down until right after the Tahoe rally.  Right now for example, TMM is just getting to chill until about 2 weeks from the Tahoe rally w/e.  Then we will all start to mess with him by tweaking arrival dates, switching sites, etc..., lol.

Funny-Ha!
 Yea-just try dealing with the Surfcals of the group-
 he will either
 1) register on time and steal someone s site before they arrive
 2)never register and show up at the last minute
 3)Back out of a rally and have everyone thinking that he ll " sneak-in"  in the middle of the night
 4)Have him tell you that he ll have to let you know" last minute"

BTW- we are only 2 people away from mega rally status. We have 18 families signed up!!

Michelle-
 Thanks for stepping up.
 we tried to get a reservation yesterday, got the Mensa candidate and was unable to make the connection that I wanted a site WITH the group.
 Will try back again today(aiming for 126 or 117)

Hey!
 I flipped the page!

gsm x2

The Memory MakerI can just picture the telephone conversation.

Female Voice: " Collins Lake RV Resort, how may I help you."

PUT member: " You can help me by letting me speak with the guy."

gsm x2

RTurner

The Memory MakerHey PCMom,

Please add us in for site 108 (note-we asked for site 109 BUT they said that was reserved for Michelle, so Michelle you might want to double check with them at some point).

Everyone Else-Any volunteers for activities??????  I will do some crafty thing on Sat AM-probably will pick up some canvas tote bags (little ones) and have stuff to decorate or foam art stuff.  
 We will try to keep the Quigs kids busy for a while as it looks like they have already determined their activities for the weekend!!!!LOLOLOL

Would any others want to go in on a patio boat for the day?

pcmom

RTurner

QuoteORIGINAL:  RTurner

Hey PCMom,
 Please add us in for site 108 (note-we asked for site 109 BUT they said that was reserved for Michelle, so Michelle you might want to double check with them at some point).

Hello RTurner,

I just called and got lucky and Simon (the guy) answered the phone [:)].  Apparently site 109 is reserved for Holly (also has 122 reserved) but has me down as a secondary reservation for the site.  I do have 116 reserved for me.

So " HybridHollly"  do you want 122 or 109 or both [:D]  You might want to call them and clear up the confusion.  Hey, if you don t want 109, then RTurner can change theirs to 109 instead of 108 [:)]

RTurner

The Memory MakerLet the site stealing begin--------

With 90 DAYS TO GO this could get interesting.