RE: " I Scream Rally" Collins Lake Oct. 10-12

Started by SactoCampers, Jul 10, 2003, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calstate361

Calstate361PCMom, thanks for the great pictures and thanks for setting me straight on Cookie s correct handle.  Thanks again for coordinating this rally.

Jeff, I can relate with your bird issue.  I had a Blue Fronted Amazon Parrot that got so jealous when I got my cats that he started trying to bite me every time I passed by his cage and tried to feed him.  I had already had him for 10 years when he started doing that.  I have scars!   Needless to say, I sold his sorry A--!!![:@]

Joan

calstate360

Calstate361Just thought I would post this note from my son s family.

QuoteHI- WE JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU THANKS FOR THIS WEEKEND. WE HAD A GREAT TIME.
 THE KIDS ESPECIALLY. IT WAS COOL TO MEET ALL OF YOUR GROUP AND THEIR KIDS.
 ALEXIS ALREADY WROTE A LETTER TO HER FRIENDS. SO THANKS AGAIN.

Sal

Calstate361

Who made that great creamy chichen dish for the Pot-luck?  I would like the recipe.  THANKS

Joan

ckkevin

Quote from: Calstate361Who made that great creamy chichen dish for the Pot-luck?  I would like the recipe.  THANKS

Joan

Joan,

If you are talking about the Poppy Seed Chicken Dish, that was Carla.  I will have her post the recipe.

Calstate361

I guess, it was dark there and I really couldn't see what was in it.  It had some crispy stuff on top of it and it was in a 9 x 13 dish.  It was real yummy.  In fact, Sal even liked it and he usually doesn't like "creamy" stuff.   THANKS

Joan

ckkevin

Quote from: Calstate361I guess, it was dark there and I really couldn't see what was in it.  It had some crispy stuff on top of it and it was in a 9 x 13 dish.  It was real yummy.  In fact, Sal even liked it and he usually doesn't like "creamy" stuff.   THANKS

Joan

That was it.  The crispy stuff on top is Ritz crackers.  I will have Carla post the recipe.  I could also e-mail a word or pdf or text file if you would like.

Surfcal

Now that we are talking food, who brought the salad?  That was great.

Surfcal

Calstate361

Kevin, post it either or both ways, that would be great.  Can't wait.  Thanks
Joan

RTurner

Quote from: SurfcalNow that we are talking food, who brought the salad?  That was great.

Surfcal

Would that be that one salad, or the other salad, or perhaps the other one?????  It was a pretty SALADY meal!

Hybrid Holly

so I was feeling  a little under the weather at Collins Lake, got home on Sunday and have been flat on my back ever since.  After convincing the Doctors that I have not visited a SARS country, the have decided I have pneumonia.  can't say that I recommend this as a way to get out of going to work!

SCCS

Quote from: Hybrid Hollyso I was feeling  a little under the weather at Collins Lake, got home on Sunday and have been flat on my back ever since.  After convincing the Doctors that I have not visited a SARS country, the have decided I have pneumonia.  can't say that I recommend this as a way to get out of going to work!

Holly,

Sorry to hear that you are under the weather hope you get better soon.I had pneumonia once and it isNO fun.I was down for about a month with it.
GET WELL SOON!

SCCS

Quote from: Hybrid Hollyso I was feeling  a little under the weather at Collins Lake, got home on Sunday and have been flat on my back ever since.  After convincing the Doctors that I have not visited a SARS country, the have decided I have pneumonia.  can't say that I recommend this as a way to get out of going to work!

Holly,

Sorry to hear that you are under the weather hope you get better soon.I had pneumonia once and it is NO fun.I was down for about a month with it.
GET WELL SOON!

Surfcal

Hollister:

I am sorry to hear about your malady.  I hope you feel better soon.  We all wish you the best, cough cough.

Bye.  Surfcal.

Calstate361

Holly,

So sorry to hear you have that nasty pheumonia. I have had walking pheumonia, bronchitis several times, and other stuff. The Doctors finally decided I have intermittent asthma (becuase it only affects me when it's a bad air day or during the winter months)! Anyway, SCCS is correct, you will have it for about a month and then you can look forward to the cough hanging on for several months more. You won't feel really up to par, totally, for about 6 months. Although, you are much healtherier than I am so hopefully it won't take you that long. I kept getting bronchitis every December and March for about 3 years, and since I can't take the flu shots, my Doctor had me take the pheumonia shot (which is good for 10 years!) and it broke the cycle. I haven't had it since. You might want to ask your Doctor about it.

One good thing about it, I bet the dogs love having you home all day!

GET WELL SOON

Joan

SactoCampers

Quote from: Hybrid Hollyso I was feeling a little under the weather at Collins Lake, got home on Sunday and have been flat on my back ever since. After convincing the Doctors that I have not visited a SARS country, the have decided I have pneumonia. can't say that I recommend this as a way to get out of going to work!
Hope you feel better soon Holly. I have never had pneumonia, so I have no idea what it feels like, but I'm sure it's not pleasant.

I, on the other hand, just returned a couple hours ago from having all my wisdom teeth pulled. Feel pretty good, though, considering I'm on pain killers! Now at least I can get my dentist off my back.