RE: Nick-Neff-Cough website (Northern California)

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Jan 15, 2003, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SactoCampers

Do you live in Northern California? Do you like to camp? Have you ever thought of joining a camping group?

Well, if you have (or even if you haven t[8D]), consider joining Nick-Neff-Cough! We are a neat popup/hybrid trailer camping club in Northern California with members from all walks of life: we have singles, couples, families with children of all ages, empty nesters, and retired folks. We always have a good time together and like to clown around. If you would like to learn more, we have a website for you with lots of information!

[link=http://nick-neff-cough.tripod.com/nnc/]CLICK HERE[/link]

Red neff Barchetta

SactoCampersHi.  I m Jeff and I m a pop-up-a-holic.

otter

SactoCampersHaven t had as much fun camping since I was a kid!
 This group is nuts!!!!!  
 Come join us!!!
 Otter+

Nick

SactoCampersHi I m Mike and Jeff is a pop-up-a-holic.

gsm x2

SactoCampersI m Scott and Jeff is a pop-up-aholic.

I was explaining to a guy at work today why we, a couple from Ventura, CA, would drive to the Bay Area to go camping with this group.  The only thing I could say that made any sense to him was, " This wasn t how I remember camping as a kid.  We ll go out wine tasting in the afternoon, then at night, drink our wine with baked brie and roasted garlic."  He understood that. [:)]

Nope, definitely NOT the Vienna Sausage dinners my dad tried to get us to eat.

gsm x2

Nick

SactoCampersSacto and I have been hard at work putting together a Campground Review page on the NNC webpage.  Basically anyone can fill out the form, submit it and it comes to me in an email.  I will then make it look all nice and pretty and put a link to it on the website.

So, lets get some reviews going.  Doesnt Neff still owe us one from way back?

Red neff Barchetta

SactoCampersYou bet!  Brian will love it.  It s currently 37 pages (& counting) and explores the use of algae and how it is the deciding factor when choosing the prime campsite.

Nick

SactoCampersHey Neff,
 You know the wagonmaster has to write a review for the campground.  I think that in the bylaws somewhere or will be soon.[:)]

Red neff Barchetta

SactoCampersAs long as there s algae in Lake Chabot, I m all over it!

Y-Guy

SactoCampersBy-Laws? Huh? Wow guess I m moving just in the Nick of time [;)] I ve had about eneff of all the rules.  All the talk of rules makes me want to choke, gag and cough. I could have sworn that Article I Sub-Section A Paragraph 2 read " Rules? We don t need no stinking rules."  Which was later clarified in Article I Sub-Section A Paragraph 3 " Rules, By-Laws, Restrictions, Expectations, Laws, Covenants, Guidelines, shall all be treated the same,"  see Article I Sub-Section A Paragraph 2 for clarification.

Pardon me while I pull my tongue out of my cheek. [8D]

Cottonwooder

Y-GuyOMG, I m dying here!  I just clicked the link to your Website and nearly fell off my chair laughing!  Even though I may not have posted in your past threads, I did read the posts/see the pictures re. " deshnitzifying" , Winterizing CA style, and ignoring Holly s thread, so already understood the Bylaws.

So, do I thank y all for membership, or wonder what the heck we ve gotten ourselves into?  ROFL!!!!

Hail to this gem:

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the setting of the sun,
 We have strung our tacky lights,
 We have gathered all the wood.
 We are gathered round the fire as we drink our alcohol,
 Nick-neff-cough is camping now!
[/i]

SactoCampers

Cottonwooder
QuoteOMG, I m dying here! I just clicked the link to your Website and nearly fell off my chair laughing!

We re glad you like it [:D].

If anybody has pictures of themselves they would like posted to their member profile, just send them my way (digital please) and we can post them. We have a few pictures up, but not everybody has a picture next to their name.

Cottonwooder

SactoCampersCan t access the " Photo Album"  on the site as it asks for a user name and password.  How do we set that up?

Surfcal

SactoCampersHey all:

Just to let you know, there are a couple of new folks that are joining us.  Here s a little background information they ve provided.  Of course, their membership is still pending our exhaustive character investigation and hazing process.  I encouraged them to log-in to here.  Perhaps we ll see them soon.

From their email to me:

" I m so excited to find your website and see someone has started a popup club in NorCal.  My husband and I live in Castro Valley (Bummer we missed the Lake Chabot Rally) and have a 2001 Coleman Sun Valley, towed by a Chevy Silverado.  We had been camping like once a month since we got the trailer in Sept 2001, and even did a week up thru Nevada-Idaho-Oregon last August, but now haven t been able to get out since last October.  We d love to join your group and come camping with you guys when our weekends open up again (hopefully in the next month or so...I m going thru withdrawls).

Penny and Craig"

Cheers,
 Surfcal

SactoCampers

CottonwooderPat,

There s nothing there to see right now, just one picture of Surfcal in one of his modeling poses so you re definitely not missing anything [;)][8D]. Nick can send you the login and password if you send him an e-mail. I forget it right off hand.