News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

HalfDome Hyjinx II

Started by calstate360, Dec 31, 2003, 01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

champ521

I'm in favor of potluck Saturday night and if you're there, you're there. If not, you're not. Same for breakfast.

mustang

We'll ditto what Champ just said.  We're used to very low key camping and eating.  Trying to pinpoint times and getting the kids to sit down is not my idea of fun on vacation.  Whatever we decide to bring, it will be enough to share.  Touring the park is also what we have planned for both Friday and Sat.  No hiking for me though...I'll still be on crutches  :swear: (pulled a calf muscle badly yesterday).  6 MORE DAYS!!!  Happy weekend to everyone! :!

Nick

Quote from: champ521I'm in favor of potluck Saturday night and if you're there, you're there. If not, you're not. Same for breakfast.
I second that motion, all in favor say aye.

6Quigs

Red neff Barchetta

I know you answerd this at least a few times throughout this thread, but a quick glance got me nothing and the original post hasn't been updated in a while.

Do both of the possible groups of sites where we will be at have sewer hook-up's?
Us PU'ers need to know so we don't leave our grey water totes at home and then arrive ala Nick ( ;) ) and find out that the changed sites don't have sewer.

4 1/2 days of yard work and 1/2 a day of trip prep. and then we're on our way!   :)

We also "I" to the super-duper-laid-back potluck plans.  I'm more looking forward to enjoying everyone's company around the fire with a frosty SNPA.   :D  :)

NNC friendly reminder;
Don't forget to check your TV & trailer spare tires - The PU spare tire was down to 55 psi (should be at 65) when I checked it this morning.

calstate360

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaI know you answerd this at least a few times throughout this thread, but a quick glance got me nothing and the original post hasn't been updated in a while.

Do both of the possible groups of sites where we will be at have sewer hook-up's?
Us PU'ers need to know so we don't leave our grey water totes at home and then arrive ala Nick ( ;) ) and find out that the changed sites don't have sewer.

4 1/2 days of yard work and 1/2 a day of trip prep. and then we're on our way! :)

We also "I" to the super-duper-laid-back potluck plans. I'm more looking forward to enjoying everyone's company around the fire with a frosty SNPA. :D :)

NNC friendly reminder;
Don't forget to check your TV & trailer spare tires - The PU spare tire was down to 55 psi (should be at 65) when I checked it this morning.
All sites in the park are full hookup sites. Last year some kids threw rocks in the dump hookups and they just flagged those sites as unavailable.
They also have a regular dump station but I don't know why.
As far as the potluck, last year we just had it and the only one who was late was Abdiver. Boy did he catch hell from Mrs. Abdiver.:) By that time of the day most people are back in camp anyway, especially if they got an early start in Yosemite.
Besides don't all of our potlucks last for hours anyway? :D

Sal

6Quigs

5 DAYS FOR CALSTATES,

6 DAYS FOR US 'n' NEFF 'n'  HIS BIL 'n' Otter 'n' Champ 'n' Gwen 'n' Mustang

7 DAYS FOR THE REST
[/QUOTE]

Nick

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaNNC friendly reminder;
One of mine is down to zero.  Gotta go fix it or replace it tomorrow.

Red neff Barchetta

Thanks for the reply Sal!   :)
That is silly that they have a dump station when every site has a sewer hook-up.  What's up with that?

Dave/Ab Diver still hasn't learned?!  That's why I take Mrs. Barchetta with me when I think I'll be late.   :D  :D

Can you tell I'm delaying heading out to the backyard this morning, lol?
We went to see "The Bourne Supremacy" last night after going to Home Depot and ordering a few more things for the backyard.  That place was almost pleasant without kids.   :D   Anyway, the movie was really good.  Better than the first one.  I recommend it if you're in the mood for action/suspense.

Mike - Good luck with the tire (PU I presume) repair or replacement.  Does Jayco also use 13" tires on their single axle PU's?  If so you might not find one at the first place you go to as they're a bit tougher to find in stock than 14" & above.
I noticed in an earlier post in this thread that you were bringing 5 gallons of your finest for this rally.  Sure hope so!   :)

Can't wait to hang out with everyone and drink Mikes brew.   :D

Good job on the countdown Kevin.  Can't wait to see Quig1, 'n' Quig2, 'n' Quig3, 'n' Quig4, 'n' Quig5, 'n' Quig6!   ;)

Nick

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaThanks for the reply Sal! :)
That is silly that they have a dump station when every site has a sewer hook-up. What's up with that?

Dave/Ab Diver still hasn't learned?! That's why I take Mrs. Barchetta with me when I think I'll be late. :D :D

Can you tell I'm delaying heading out to the backyard this morning, lol?
We went to see "The Bourne Supremacy" last night after going to Home Depot and ordering a few more things for the backyard. That place was almost pleasant without kids. :D Anyway, the movie was really good. Better than the first one. I recommend it if you're in the mood for action/suspense.

Mike - Good luck with the tire (PU I presume) repair or replacement. Does Jayco also use 13" tires on their single axle PU's? If so you might not find one at the first place you go to as they're a bit tougher to find in stock than 14" & above.
I noticed in an earlier post in this thread that you were bringing 5 gallons of your finest for this rally. Sure hope so! :)

Can't wait to hang out with everyone and drink Mikes brew. :D

Good job on the countdown Kevin. Can't wait to see Quig1, 'n' Quig2, 'n' Quig3, 'n' Quig4, 'n' Quig5, 'n' Quig6! ;)
Got the tire off today and it was not just a hole.  Half the tread had seperated.  Found a new one at Americas Tire (13")  So its fixed and ready to go.  I was working on some beer stuff this afternoon and ended up shattering one of my 7 gal glass carboys.  Six stiches in my finger and several hours in the ER later.......  Luckly there was no beer in the carboy, I really would have been mad.:)

See you all Friday.

6Quigs

OUCH!!

Glad to hear the beer is fine!! ;)

Red neff Barchetta

Mike -
Did you make any new friends in the ER waiting room?   :D

That's the part I hate the most about getting hurt like that.  The television blasting some white-trash talk show while you're sandwiched in between a stab victim and some homeless guy taking shelter to ride out the rain outside.
What a weird place an ER waiting room is.

Man, you scared me for a minute!  When I first started reading I thought something bad had happened to the beer or that you weren't able to locate a new PU tire.   :(  :D  ;)

As soon as I see you Friday I'll be sure to give the keg a hug, er glad you're alright.  It sounds like the experience was (finger-)side-splitting hilarious if it left you in stitches.

Nick

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaMike -
Did you make any new friends in the ER waiting room? :D

That's the part I hate the most about getting hurt like that. The television blasting some white-trash talk show while you're sandwiched in between a stab victim and some homeless guy taking shelter to ride out the rain outside.
What a weird place an ER waiting room is.

Man, you scared me for a minute! When I first started reading I thought something bad had happened to the beer or that you weren't able to locate a new PU tire. :( :D ;)

As soon as I see you Friday I'll be sure to give the keg a hug, er glad you're alright. It sounds like the experience was (finger-)side-splitting hilarious if it left you in stitches.
The ER was not to bad. They had a minor injury area so I wasnt in the normal " meet the scary people area". Typing one handed is a chore!

I should post a pic of my finger.:)

otter

I should post a pic of my finger.:)[/QUOTE]

Margaret has the expression TMI.  
I think it is applicable here.  
Sorry about the finger   ouch!
Great about the beer :) ..I'm looking forward to a Bloody Buddy; but not quite like this!
hugs

calstate360

Quote from: NickGot the tire off today and it was not just a hole. Half the tread had seperated. Found a new one at Americas Tire (13") So its fixed and ready to go. I was working on some beer stuff this afternoon and ended up shattering one of my 7 gal glass carboys. Six stiches in my finger and several hours in the ER later....... Luckly there was no beer in the carboy, I really would have been mad.:)

See you all Friday.
The ER was not to bad. They had a minor injury area so I wasnt in the normal " meet the scary people area". Typing one handed is a chore!
I thought I was the one who went in and out of the hospital all the time.
Even when I could drink I would not have been worring about the beer.
Glad your alright, and I for one could do without the picture.:)
The main thing I hate about the emergency room is the low income riff raff
that they have to treat and the people who are too stupid to choose
a primary Dr. and go to emergency for everything.
When I ran my thumb through the table saw I sat in emergency for
an hour bleeding and I came in on an ambulance.

On the way to Olema this year we lost a tire. Trust me finding a trailer tire
is no fun when your on the road. We finally found one at Les Schwab.
It was not cheap.
Sal