News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

HalfDome Hyjinx II

Started by calstate360, Dec 31, 2003, 01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Our friends just returned yesterday from a week of backpacking in Yosemite.
Last Sunday they were completely stopped for over an hour in Oakdale due to road construction.
Yesterday the same construction was still in progress, but it appeared to our friends that "they" have changed to working at night as they zipped right past it.

Just thought I'd pass the info. along and you can do with it what you will.
I think our plan on Thursday will be to top off the fuel tank and then get back on the road and make lunch from the 12-volt cooler (which hopefully I'll remember to unplug from the TV if we turn off the engine, lol   :yikes: ) in the back of the TV if we have to wait.
Hopefully this won't be an issue for any of us, but just wanted to mention it.

Maybe Sal & Joan can leave me details about that section of road in their Wed. message.

Now back to the $%&&^$! demo. work in the backyard.  The 20 yard dumpster out front is nearing full and I still have to tear out a section of concrete!   :(

Btw, I now know where all of the lost tennis balls around the world disappaered to over the last 30 years - under our decks (which were actually pretty fun destroying).  26 tennis balls and counting.  The kids sure are having fun throwing them in the dumpster though.   :D

Red neff Barchetta

Here is Wed. through Mon's. weather for Groveland (20 miles west of the cg (can't find the altitude difference between the 2 so don't know how accurate this is));

Wed
Aug 04  Mostly Sunny 89

Red neff Barchetta

A certain stylin' FantasticVent ceiling fan just might come in handy in the evenings.   :cool:  ;)

Calstate361

2 DAYS FOR THE CALSTATES
3-4 DAYS FOR THE REST

Glad to see all the action in this tread, it was getting pretty quiet out there for a while.

Neff/Jeff, Sal answered you about the tote so I won't.  My guess as to why they have a dump station is if they are really full and someone might have to use one of the sites where the sewer has been blocked, they would need the dump station.  

Otter, as far as a potluck on Thursday, Friday, or any other morning or evening meal we can just prepare our own food and just congregate with the rest of the folks and eat together.  Last year all the trailers were back to back with a strip of grass going down the middle so we had the tables going down the middle also.  It worked out great, people just brought their food out to the tables and ate with the rest of the folks.

Remember to bring your E-Z ups because either place we might be at doesn't have a lot of shade.   I'm kind of thinking we will get to camp at Pine Circle where we were last year.  When I talked to my contact at the Preserve I told him we would prefer to be over there instead of Sun Valley because the parents could watch the kids at the playground without having to leave the campsite. (The Quigs really liked that!)  If we are over in Sun Valley, they would have to walk up to the Ranger Station to cross the street to get to the playground.   NOT GOOD!  He said he will see and we are to check in with him when we get there on Wednesday.

I can't wait, see most of you on Thursday.

Joan

calstate360

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaOur friends just returned yesterday from a week of backpacking in Yosemite.
Last Sunday they were completely stopped for over an hour in Oakdale due to road construction.
Yesterday the same construction was still in progress, but it appeared to our friends that "they" have changed to working at night as they zipped right past it.
Jeff;
Joan called 3A this morning and they said there were no delays that they knew of. I could not find anything on the Caltrans web site. Will update you when I call on Wed.
Sal

Red neff Barchetta

That's weird you can't find anything about the construction.  Maybe it's finished now (although it wasn't 2 days ago)?

It was the first thing our friend's told us about (even before telling us about the awesome trip they had) since they knew we are headed up that way this week.

Boy am I looking forward to Yosemite!  Among the other reasons is that it will mean that I'm done with my portion of the work in the backyard.  The dumpster is almost full now and I can't have the 8' door open anymore or debris falls out and then it's tough to get the door closed again.  This means that I have to heave everything up and over the sides of the dumpster.  And we haven't even got to the concrete demo. yet (tomorrow)!   :mad:   The concrete had to wait until the tree guys were done today so they could get their equipment back there.  They took down 2 fairly large pepper tree's and ground down 4 stumps in just over 2 hours.  Would have taken me a week for sure.  Our backyard looks weird right now - pretty barren.  Looks like a new construction home where the backyard's aren't finished.

6Quigs

Pictures,
we need pictures,

No Nick,
not of your finger,

But from Jeff and his landscaping activities!

SCCS

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaNow back to the $%&&^$! demo. work in the backyard.  The 20 yard dumpster out front is nearing full and I still have to tear out a section of concrete!
Ah, smells like DEMOLITION. Even though it is a lot of work just think of the reward at the end. Keep up faith JEFF.

Quote from: NickSix stiches in my finger and several hours in the ER later.......
Sorry to hear about the finger MIKE, hope that doesn't get in the way of making more ale spirit's.jkd

Nick

Quote from: 6QuigsPictures,
we need pictures,

No Nick,
not of your finger,

Speaking of my finger.... I have to go back to the doc tomorrow cause I have no feeling on the left side of my finger.  Really wierd to only have pain on one side.

Red neff Barchetta

Scott/SCCS -
No worries friend.  I'm just complaining for the fun of it.  Our backyard should be pretty awesome when it's finished.  My work will be done tomorrow (a 1/2 day ahead of schedule).  All that's left is to jack-hammer (John Madden would be proud) up a bit of concrete and assemble one more planter box (4' x 7') for Amy from the old decking.  This work has actually been some great additional excercise.  The pro's need to take over after tomorrow though - hot tub, shade structure's, retaining wall, mini-waterfall, stone floor, etc...

Mike/Nick -
Hopefully you didn't tear a tendon.  If so, the good news is that what you cut your finger on probably made a clean cut and the tendon can be repaired.  Let us know what the doctor says.

I went and tried to stop a table saw with my finger and found out that you really should use the switch.   :D   My cut was obviously not a clean cut and too much of the tendon was missing to stretch the 2 ends back together.
I've probably bored you with this story before so I'll stop, but unfortunately it did kill my bass playing days and relegated me back to the piano.  It's my fret, er left hand middle digit so I joke that I can now flip-off fellow motorists without feeling a thing.   :D

Good luck tomorrow and we'll compare scars on Friday.   :)

Btw, you spell "weird" "wierd".  You're not "wired" are you?   :D

Calstate361

WE LEAVE TOMORROW!!!:)

WE LEAVE TOMORROW!!!:p

Boy, I can't wait. This will be my last post unless I see something I need to respond to before I leave work today. Sal will post tomorrow morning just before we leave.

REMINDERS:

1. Bring your E-Z Ups
2. DO NOT Bring your grey water totes
3. Stop at the great fruitstand at the corner of 120 and Jack Towne Road
4. Stop in Oakdale at the ARCO just before you leave town if you need gas
5. If going into Yosemite, bring good walking shoes and a small cooler for water, etc.
6. Remember when you check in at the Ranger Station to tell them you are with the Superhosts Joan Lutz & Sal Vasquez.
7. Bring wood for the campfires, or purchase it from the Ranger
8. Bring yourselves
9. Hurry up and get there!!!

We will be waiting for you, see you all in a day or two.

Joan

otter

We too are getting excited about the rally.  
We plan to leave Menlo Park about 10 am so we should get there in the heaat of the day.  
We''l see you soon.......:)

Red neff Barchetta

Wwweelll, aaallll wwweeennnttt wwweeellll wwwiiittthhh ttthhheee jjjaaaccckkkhhhaaammmeeerrriiinnnggg.  It was actually kind of fun doing controlled damage like that.   :D  :)

Travel safely Sal & Joan and I'll check for your message tomorrow and post the details.

We are really looking forward to hanging out with new & old friend's.   :)

I've already got the SNPA chilling on ice and I'm going to bring the PU home tonight.

See everyone soon!   :)

Mike/Nick -
What did the doctor say?

"No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"  Sorry, can you tell I live with a 4 year-old, lol.

Nick

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaMike/Nick -
What did the doctor say?

QUOTE]

Everything looks good. He thinks its just from swelling and such.

6Quigs

Quote from: NickHe thinks its just from swelling and such.
Wow

That Sweeling sounds wierd ;)

Must be a symptom of typing with only one hand!