News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

HalfDome Hyjinx II

Started by calstate360, Dec 31, 2003, 01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calstate361

Thanks Neff/Jeff, I will be posting a cut off date soon.

Joan

abbear

I vowed to get to the valley this year and this looks like my one big chance.  Set us up for arriving Saturday (7th) and departing Monday (8th).

Calstate361

Abbear,

Great, I will add you to my list.  I assume you meant to say Monday the 9th, not the 8th.  I will put you down for Sat. through Monday (8/7-9).

Joan

abbear

you are correct - Sat thru Mon

Dee4j

can one of us southerners join in??

anyone know how long it takes from lets say Disneyland?

I've always heard of Yosemite being a great place, but I always hear these horendious Bear stories. I have this vision of a bear tearing the canvas on the bunkend and grabbing my kids. (yes a little paranoid).

I will talk it over with the kids & DH and would most likely stay Thurs-Mon maybe Tues depending on my work schedule

calstate360

Quote from: Dee4jcan one of us southerners join in??

anyone know how long it takes from lets say Disneyland?

I've always heard of Yosemite being a great place, but I always hear these horendious Bear stories. I have this vision of a bear tearing the canvas on the bunkend and grabbing my kids. (yes a little paranoid).

I will talk it over with the kids & DH and would most likely stay Thurs-Mon maybe Tues depending on my work schedule
You bet, the more the merrier.:)  As far as bears don't give it a second thought. The campground is 5mi outside the west entrance and does not have any bear problems. They do not even have food lockers to dissuade the bears. As for how long it would take ask GSM if anyone would know it would be him, and he would know the best route to take.
Hope you can make it.

To anyone else reading this thread: we do not restrict any of our campouts.
If you have a love of camping you are free to join in at any event.
Fair warning though, after you meet us you might think were all just plain nuts:yikes: and never want to go again.  On the other hand you just might fit right in.:#
Sal

Dee4j

Quote from: calstate360Fair warning though, after you meet us you might think were all just plain nuts:yikes: and never want to go again.  On the other hand you just might fit right in.:#
Sal

Hmmmmmm me fit in?? we'll see what reports come back after the Pismo rally :-()
(I'm sure there are many SCCampers that can comment) :yikes:

griffsmom

Quote from: Dee4j(I'm sure there are many SCCampers that can comment) :yikes:
I could, but I may have to camp with Dee again...;)  :J

OC Campers

Quote from: Dee4jHmmmmmm me fit in?? we'll see what reports come back after the Pismo rally :-()
(I'm sure there are many SCCampers that can comment) :yikes:
Isn't that the truth.  After watching Griffy and Matt duke it out for no reason at all but because they can, you will wonder why they are such good friends  It kind of reminds me of a really bad marriage:p .

Jacqui

griffsmom

Quote from: OC CampersIsn't that the truth. After watching Griffy and Matt duke it out for no reason at all but because they can, you will wonder why they are such good friends It kind of reminds me of a really bad marriage:p .

Jacqui
Yep, it's definitely a love-hate relationship at this point. Griffin has told me all week that he's gong to share his toys with Maffew and make me happy. Uh huh....we'll see how that goes....:rolleyes: Fortunately, I feel pretty confident that they'll both outgrow this and be best camping buddies. Then we'll have a totally different problem--trying to keep them from getting into mischief together! Can you say "M & G" that rhymes with "T" that stands for TROUBLE!!!! ;)

Dee4j

Quote from: griffsmomI could, but I may have to camp with Dee again...;)  :J

what do you mean you MAY have to camp with me again....

YOU"RE STUCK with me :eyecrazy:  :yikes:  :!  :W

griffsmom

Quote from: Dee4jwhat do you mean you MAY have to camp with me again....
 YOU"RE STUCK with me :eyecrazy: :yikes: :! :W

I know; I was just joshin' ya!  4 out of the next 5 trips we have planned are with you!  (Pismo, Casitas, Vail Lake, and Campland!!!)  So it begs the question....

who's stuck with who? ;) :D

Red neff Barchetta

This rally is getting closer!   :)  :)

Quote from: Dee4janyone know how long it takes from lets say Disneyland?

We'd love to have you join us!   :)

From the "center" of Anaheim at the corner of W. Oak St. & S. Lemon St. to Groveland is 359.2 miles with a time of 7 hrs., 2 min's.

Dee4j

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaThis rally is getting closer!   :)  :)

We'd love to have you join us!   :)

From the "center" of Anaheim at the corner of W. Oak St. & S. Lemon St. to Groveland is 359.2 miles with a time of 7 hrs., 2 min's.

Thanks...DUH it just occured to me mapquest would tell me
Just call me Miss Dumoss :eyecrazy:

calstate360

Updated attendance list:

Red "Neff" Barchetta
Jeff's BIL
6Quigs
CkKevin
Mustang
Abbear
Otter ?
Dee4j ?

If you are not on the list or want to be, contact us.
Sal