News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

HalfDome Hyjinx II

Started by calstate360, Dec 31, 2003, 01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calstate360

Quote from: calstate360I answered you by e-mail.
BTW I'm Sal, Joan is Calstate361:)

Sal
I sent you another e-mail and had Joan send you one from work.
If they do not get to you it is AOL's filters.
You can get the info from Mystic Comet as I also sent it to her.

Sal

Nick

Hey Joan or Sal,

We have to pick up Michele's mom at the Sacramento airport after the rally.  How long do you think it will take to get from the campground to the airport?

calstate360

Quote from: NickHey Joan or Sal,

We have to pick up Michele's mom at the Sacramento airport after the rally. How long do you think it will take to get from the campground to the airport?
Well it depends on the time of day and if you stay on I-5 or go to HW-99.
We used to go on 99 and it took about 2 hrs with the popup and 3hrs with
the Hybred. Last year we came back on I-5 and it would have been faster
except for the construction traffic in Stockton.
That is also with a fuel stop in Oakdale as it's the last place
to get reasonable gas and a stop at the Jack Tone Rd. Fruit Stand.
Sacto if you see this how long did it take you? The distance would be about
the same as yours was.
Hope that is of some help.
Sal

abbear

:mad:

Well I guess there is a first time for everything and this looks like the first time I'm pulling a Sacto.  Due to circumstances beyond my control we just aren't going to be able to make this.

Very sorry about the somewhat short notice.  If you incur any costs because of this let me know and I will cover it.

SactoCampers

Quote from: calstate360Well it depends on the time of day and if you stay on I-5 or go to HW-99.
We used to go on 99 and it took about 2 hrs with the popup and 3hrs with
the Hybred. Last year we came back on I-5 and it would have been faster
except for the construction traffic in Stockton.
That is also with a fuel stop in Oakdale as it's the last place
to get reasonable gas and a stop at the Jack Tone Rd. Fruit Stand.
Sacto if you see this how long did it take you? The distance would be about
the same as yours was.
Hope that is of some help.
Sal
I think it was 3-3.5 hours because we had to make a couple stops.

champ521

Did you say you're bringing kahlua? :!  That's it. We are in. Put us down for a Friday arrival and a Monday departure. The check is in the mail.

Calstate361

Dave/Champ,

GREAT, glad you can make it even though Sal had to bribe you with my homemade Kahlua.  Actually, I haven't given much of it away this year so I will have, at least, one gallon+ of regular, and close to one gallon of de-caff.  (Since I can't handle the caffine I experimented with de-caff coffee, it's not bad.) So we should have some HAPPY CAMPERS around the fire Saturday night.

Joan

Calstate361

Hey all, it is getting close to the end of signing up for Half Dome Hyjinx II since the cut off date is 7/17 (Saturday). So get your reservations in now.

Attendees:

6Quigs
Red Neff
Red Neff BIL
Otter
Mustang
Gwenzilla
Mysticomet
Darcamps
Champ521
Nick

Unconfirmed or no dates given:

Dee4J

Please note that the checks for the one night deposit will not be cashed until after the rally. The campground has my credit card number hostage.

Joan

Nick

Quote from: Calstate361Hey all, it is getting close to the end of signing up for Half Dome Hyjinx II since the cut off date is 7/17 (Saturday). So get your reservations in now.

Attendees:

6Quigs
Red Neff
Red Neff BIL
Otter
Mustang
Gwenzilla
Mysticomet
Darcamps
Champ521

Unconfirmed or no dates given:

Dee4J
Nick

Please note that the checks for the one night deposit will not be cashed until after the rally. The campground has my credit card number hostage.

Joan
Joan,
We are confirmed.  Friday through Monday and the check is in the mail.

Red neff Barchetta

11 sites so far (including the CalState's).
Looks like a great group with a lot of tasty alcoholic choices!   :)

22 days to go (for Thursday arrivals).

otter

22 days to go (for Thursday arrivals).[/QUOTE]
I do believe you mean  ZOOM  days to go...
We are everywhere.

otter

Quote from: Calstate361Dave/Champ,

.... and close to one gallon of de-caff. (Since I can't handle the caffine I experimented with de-caff coffee, it's not bad.) So we should have some HAPPY CAMPERS around the fire Saturday night.

Joan
Whoa...Decaf..I'll be a happy camper that is for sure.  I'll bring the camelbacks.  
hugs

calstate360

Quote from: otter22 days to go (for Thursday arrivals).
I do believe you mean ZOOM days to go...
We are everywhere.
No thread hijacking Otter.;)
Sal

calstate360

Quote from: abbear:mad:

Well I guess there is a first time for everything and this looks like the first time I'm pulling a Sacto. Due to circumstances beyond my control we just aren't going to be able to make this.

Very sorry about the somewhat short notice. If you incur any costs because of this let me know and I will cover it.
Sorry you can't make it. There will be no costs for the cancellation as you were ahead of the deadline. I suppose I will have to plan a version 3 so you can finally get there.:)
Sal

calstate360

Here is some info for all attending.

There are various fruit stands along Hy120. One of our favorites is at 120 and Jack Tone Road, as they have olives of all flavors
and SF french bread as well as fruits and vegetables.

The last place to get gas at a reasonable price is in Oakdale after you pass the Hershey Factory.

Priest Grade, there is no reason to worry about it, I have seen bigger rigs than anyone in this group is bringing make it with no problem.
You will wind up doing about 20mph but don't worry about it. Everyone winds up going that slow. Even after it looks level you are still going uphill so don't be surprised.
Do not under any circumstances take "Old Priest Grade" it is straight up and straight back down. I would not recommend this road in a car!!

The campground has firewood for the usual prices. There are some places on the way there near the fruit stands that sell it and one past the campground that does. As was suggested in another thread everyone might want to chip in and just buy enough for the rally in order to save weight.

When you see the Exxon station on the right past Groveland turn right as this is the entrance and the gas station is the campground store.
Go downhill till you come to the stop sign and turn right. Continue on and you will come to a road on the left with a ranger station at the end.
This is the main entrance, give them your family name, tell them that you are with the popup group and they will direct you to where we are.
They will also give you some papers, when you pick your site you fill in the site number and return it to them.

You will have full access to all the amenities that the campground has to offer as if you were a member with no sales pitch unless you ask for info. There is an adult lodge and a childrens lodge. They have a restaurant on the weekends and playground equipment for use at the playground, you just give them your site number to insure you return the equipment. There is an Internet phone line in the adult lodge for local calls so if you need to use it get your local providers local phone number for that area.

Cell phone reception is basically nil, I had to go to the parking lot at Halfdome to get a signal:mad:  they do have a pay phone.
Television reception is bad to none:mad: so if you have a dish, dvd player, vcr, and you need entertainment bring them.

It can get hot at the campground especially if we have to stay in Sun Valley:S  it is aptly named. If you have EZ-Up awnings or something similar I would suggest bringing them. Also water misters like a Mist & Twist. http://www.mistymate.com/tm.html I found these at Wally World in single packs for $5.95.  I tried one out on a 100 degree day in the shade and it worked great.

Here is the projected weather;

DATE             HIGH  LOW

Aug 05,2003    93