News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Horse riding at Olema

Started by Nick, Jan 26, 2004, 12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: champ521I can't even lie and get away with 225 pounds. I'm gonna have to bail. $50 a rider is a little steep for ridding hores anyway. Why exactly is it that we want to get rid of them?

I agree with Champ on the $50...unless Neff can do his magic and get it back down to $35, I will have to pass.

Surfcal

Quote from: Hybrid HollyI agree with Champ on the $50...unless Neff can do his magic and get it back down to $35, I will have to pass.

At $50 a pop, we can buy a hore and get rid of it after use.

Surfcal

Nick

Well I checked with the stables again and the lowest they will go for hore riding or ridding is $45 for the two hour ride.  Jeff, feel free to call them, its Five Brooks Stables and the managers name is Andrew.

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: NickWell I checked with the stables again and the lowest they will go for hore riding or ridding is $45 for the two hour ride.  Jeff, feel free to call them, its Five Brooks Stables and the managers name is Andrew.
Mike -
I will give it a shot in the morning as I'm heading back out the door until this evening.
Couple questions -
Was it $35.00 if we had a min. of 15 riders?
Was that for a 2 hr. ride also?
Do you remember who gave you that price and about what date that was?
At last count (at $35.00 a ride) did we have at least 15 riders?
Thanks!

I'll try my best (which could lead to ticking them off, lol).

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaMike -
I will give it a shot in the morning as I'm heading back out the door until this evening.
Couple questions -
Thanks!

Thanks Jeff for trying to save us a buck, 'cause less $$ for hores means more $$ for Marzen!

Nick

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaMike -
Couple questions -
Thanks!

I remember I posted the information right after getting off the phone with her.  It was 12/2 between 1:30 and 2:00.  I wrote down her name at the time but can't seem to find the damn thing now.  Anyway she said it would be $35 - $40 if we had a minimum of 15 riders.  Yes it was for the two hour ride.

Its ok to piss them off cause if they don't give us the original quoted price it seems everyone, including me wants to bail.

SCCS

Mike,
 I am going have to go with everyone else on this one to. I think $50 is a little to steep for a ride. I know Stephanie would have loved it though.

6Quigs

I think I had said there would be 3 quigs for the ridding, but $50 times 3 is a bit steep, not to mention the 225 lb limit.

Nick, we do appreciate all the effort you did in trying to orgainse this.
Luckily I had not mentioned it to the kids, so they won't be dissappointed.

Red neff Barchetta

Well I'll give it my best shot in the morning and let you know.
If I can't get it back down to $35.00 then it sounds like I can tell them they just lost a minimum of $525.00 (15 x $35.00).
I'm sure Mike has done everything possible, but I'll give it a try anyway.  Maybe a new voice will shake them up.  Worth a shot I suppose.
Yeehaaww!

Otherwise we can go ride giant oysters like SpongeBob.

Surfcal

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaWell I'll give it my best shot in the morning and let you know.
If I can't get it back down to $35.00 then it sounds like I can tell them they just lost a minimum of $525.00 (15 x $35.00).
I'm sure Mike has done everything possible, but I'll give it a try anyway.  Maybe a new voice will shake them up.  Worth a shot I suppose.
Yeehaaww!

Otherwise we can go ride giant oysters like SpongeBob.

Hey, whatever happened to bike rides.  I think we all should just bring our bikes and go out for a nice bike ride, get some nice exercise in and have fun along the way.

We don't need no stinkin' hores.

Surfcal

zymomyz

Quote from: SurfcalWe don't need no stinkin' hores.

Correction . . .

We don't need no stinkin' $50.00 hores  :D  :D  :D

Red neff Barchetta

Maybe because I am a business owner, or maybe not, but it just blows my mind how some (actually many) businesses are run.
I talked to the woman that you talked to in December and she says it has always been $55.00 (yes, $55.00) for a 2 hr. ride, lol.  She said if we wanted to ride for 45 mins. (yes, less than 1 hour) then they might be able to go down to $40.00, haha!
She did not want me to talk to Andrew (said he wasn't in and has no idea when he'll be back if at all today, lol) and I think it is because she blew it back in December by offering $35.00 with 15 riders.
We had a minimum of 15 riders for them and now they have nothing.  Amazing!
Thanks for all your work in trying to set this up Mike!  It shouldn't have to be that difficult.  Their loss, not ours.

So, it looks like we're going on a Ray/Cough-led bike ride.  As long as I can holler yeehaaw & giddy up it sounds good to me.

Damn, and I was all excited to pay for a hore too!   :D

zymomyz

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaSo, it looks like we're going on a Ray/Cough-led bike ride.  As long as I can holler yeehaaw & giddy up it sounds good to me.

Jeff,

Don't forget to put a saddle on your bike  :D

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: zymomyzJeff,

Don't forget to put a saddle on your bike  :D
I'll get a cookie sheet and put the NNC logo on it and have a belt buckle too!
Sure hope my spurs don't get caught in the gears or spokes.

Nick

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaMaybe because I am a business owner, or maybe not, but it just blows my mind how some (actually many) businesses are run.
I talked to the woman that you talked to in December and she says it has always been $55.00 (yes, $55.00) for a 2 hr. ride, lol. She said if we wanted to ride for 45 mins. (yes, less than 1 hour) then they might be able to go down to $40.00, haha!
She did not want me to talk to Andrew (said he wasn't in and has no idea when he'll be back if at all today, lol) and I think it is because she blew it back in December by offering $35.00 with 15 riders.
We had a minimum of 15 riders for them and now they have nothing. Amazing!
Thanks for all your work in trying to set this up Mike! It shouldn't have to be that difficult. Their loss, not ours.

So, it looks like we're going on a Ray/Cough-led bike ride. As long as I can holler yeehaaw & giddy up it sounds good to me.

Damn, and I was all excited to pay for a hore too! :D
Thanks for giving it a shot.  Like you said, they are the ones loosing out.