"Call Of The Wild" NON-rally join if you like w/e, April 16 - 18

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Jan 31, 2004, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Cough -
I don't think Champ was too worried about mold, but more about his semi-processed Friday night adult beverages.   :yikes:  ;)

Gary -
LOL on what you figured everyone here would say about the broccoli chopping.
You've got this group of rabble rouser's pegged.   :)

Red neff Barchetta

Btw, my oldest DS wants to thank Ray, Steve, Loretta, and the other adults who took him along for rides, hikes, etc...  He had a blast and it's sure is nice as a parent to know that my (or anyone else's) kids are happy & safe with anyone in the group.
Thanks from me too!   :)

Oh, and thanks alot Ray for getting him all fired up about bike shorts, shirt, clip-less pedals, etc...  $$$$$$$$$$$!   :mad:  :D

zymomyz

After reading that Ray AND Dave popped up already this week since Sugarloaf I had to run out and pop up the AWESOME Sun Valley - yes, the one that survived runins with both dumpsters and rocks !!!

Evidently I got it dry enough Sunday, though I'm not sure how ??? Aired out for an hour today. All's good !!

gsm x2

Quote from: SurfcalDave, glad to know you've recovered. Yup, you don't want any mold growing in your canvas. Good move. I had to pop it up on Sunday at my friend's place, but it was pretty dry and I just did it just to make sure. I'm glad I did.

Surfcal
Does this mean that Ray actually used his 1/2 popup????

Great news.

gsm x2

Surfcal

Quote from: gsm x2Does this mean that Ray actually used his 1/2 popup????

Great news.

gsm x2

Hello TOS:

We missed you and G.  Funny thing.  I was just rooting through some of my old stuff and I saw this trailer and I thought, "hey, that's a popup, so I dusted it off and used it."  And since it's only hafl-a-popup, I thought I'd use it half the time.

Surfcal

Unregistered

How soon, or is it how long, do you feel you can wait before drying the PU.  I popped up Sunday after getting home and was going to leave it up over night but then remembered that my Wrangler had been vandalized in the same spot in my drive way a couple weeks before.  So two towels later and I popped down.  Same procedure on Monday except only one towel used.

Anyway, I

champ521

I think I read somewhere that it takes about three days for the mold/mildew to start growing. As many times as you've already opened up, it sounds like you should be pretty dry. Don't forget the awning.

Surfcal

Quote from: UnregisteredHow soon, or is it how long, do you feel you can wait before drying the PU.  I popped up Sunday after getting home and was going to leave it up over night but then remembered that my Wrangler had been vandalized in the same spot in my drive way a couple weeks before.  So two towels later and I popped down.  Same procedure on Monday except only one towel used.

Gary
AKA: Darth Rver (PUX)

Well Gary.  That is a tough one.  I agree with Bee Cee, but I also feel that one should not confine themselves in the technicalities.  Open your mind up and let the creative juices flow on how you can take a chore and turn it into something FUN!

I really think that drying out a pop up properly requires you to take it to a campground to air it out in the wilderness.  Fresh air does a pop up good!  And that will require you to take a day off.

And while you're at it, why not just break out that barbeque grill and do some barbequing in the meantime.  By the time that's over, you should reward yourself with some brewskies.  Now it's late and since you've taken the effort to pop it up anyway, well, why not just stay overnight and let the darn thing air out some more.  After all, you've invested a lot in that darn thing and you want to do it properly.

In the morning, pop down and repeat next weekend.

Hey, you wanted an opinion.  You want a second opinion?  You're drunk.

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: Persuasion ManWell Gary.  That is a tough one.  I agree with Bee Cee, but I also feel that one should not confine themselves in the technicalities.  Open your mind up and let the creative juices flow on how you can take a chore and turn it into something FUN!

I really think that drying out a pop up properly requires you to take it to a campground to air it out in the wilderness.  Fresh air does a pop up good!  And that will require you to take a day off.

And while you're at it, why not just break out that barbeque grill and do some barbequing in the meantime.  By the time that's over, you should reward yourself with some brewskies.  Now it's late and since you've taken the effort to pop it up anyway, well, why not just stay overnight and let the darn thing air out some more.  After all, you've invested a lot in that darn thing and you want to do it properly.

In the morning, pop down and repeat next weekend.

Hey, you wanted an opinion.  You want a second opinion?  You're drunk.

Surfcal

Brilliant!
You're right Ray.  How can I be sure that my new fresh water tank drain valve doesn't leak?  Guess I better go set-up the PU at a cg and test it.  Better make it 2 or 3 days just to be sure.   :)

Unregistered

Of course you know that

Red neff Barchetta

Alright Gary!
You're well on your way to spending more on "stuff" for the PU than you did on the PU.   :D  :)
Now I'm kicking around whether I really need a dual LP tank regulator or not.   :eyecrazy:   Wonder what I'll "need to have" tomorrow?

Surfcal

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaAlright Gary!
You're well on your way to spending more on "stuff" for the PU than you did on the PU.   :D  :)
Now I'm kicking around whether I really need a dual LP tank regulator or not.   :eyecrazy:   Wonder what I'll "need to have" tomorrow?

Neff, anything "dual" sounds good.  Go get it.

And you Gary, anything worth doing is worth doing well (euphemism for spending).  BTW, ever since I got my BAL leveler, I've had the misery of getting sites that have been absolutely level.  Thus, I've never been able to use mine.  

Maybe I'll just go get another one and I can jack up each side and have a "dual" BAL leveler.

Surfcal

Nick

Gary the salad was just mayo, red wine vinigar and sugar.

I so need to go camping this weekend.  Got to work Monday morning at 7:00AM and didnt leave until Tuesday morning at 10:30AM.  Worked late last night, got home and worked several more hours.  At least I was at home though and able to remote in.  I guess all the classes I took are paying off.

Nick

Unregistered

Ray,

LOL.   Dual BAL levelers.  Well I might actually need them with my trailer.  I

Unregistered

Nick,

Thanks again.  I guess I