Last minute wife left town going campin'... extreme anarchy

Started by zymomyz, Mar 10, 2004, 11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zymomyz

FYI

Just booked a site at Joseph D Grant park for this weekend. It's a Santa Clara County park like Mount Madonna. They only have 22 sites open this time of year. It's on the road to Mt Hamilton so very close (for me anyway  ;). I hope to head out mid day Friday. I'll be staying in #6.

Everything is green, the weather will be warm and the beer cold !!!

Red neff Barchetta

Woof, woof, woof!!
Yeah Steve!  Pee on a tree, leave dirty dishes lying around the site all w/e.  Growl at your neighbors.  Melt your shoe from the campfire cause you're too drunk to notice.  Don't wipe your feet before you go in the PU.
Hoooowhaaa!

Can I come?   :D

Red neff Barchetta

I think I'll call the ranger shack at the cg this w/e and tell them one of the leader's of the SP budget cuts & layoff's initiative is staying in site 6 and he thinks all rangers are worthless.   ;)  :D

SactoCampers

Do you mean "Last minute, wife left town"

or

"Last minute wife......left town"

?  ;)

Surfcal

Hooray for you Steve, that is freedom, to be able to take off like that, book a site and camp.  That's the way to do it man.  Congratulations, good for you...gotta love it.

By the way, that campground has a great view of the sky.  Even a good pair of binoculars is great for stargazing.  You can see a lot because of the dark skies out there.

There's also a pond where you can fish.  It's a great campground.

Surfcal

zymomyz

Quote from: SactoDo you mean "Last minute, wife left town"

or

"Last minute wife......left town"

LOL - I mean I'm gonna do like Jeff said and melt my shoe  ;)

6Quigs

Quote from: SkycalBy the way, that campground has a great view of the sky.  

Don't all campgrounds have great views of the sky?
except for ones with those stupid trees in the way.

Kevin,
who's too busy looking for his kids to bother looking up at the sky

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: 6QuigsDon't all campgrounds have great views of the sky?
except for ones with those stupid trees in the way.

Kevin,
who's too busy looking for his kids to bother looking up at the sky
LOL!!  That's funny.

When all of your kids have moved out Kevin we'll have to get you a metal detector so you can continue to not look at the sky.

zymomyz

Errr, that's weird, I just checked the general campsite availability for Joseph D Grant park for this weekend... I have the ONLY site reserved :eek:

Red neff Barchetta

Spooky.
Don't let the boogey man get you!

I can see Steve now.  Twitching nervously pacing around the raging bonfire he's built, eyes darting madly around.  Packing up at 1:00 am and heads home.

Have a great w/e Steve!

zymomyz

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaSpooky.
Don't let the boogey man get you!

I can see Steve now.  Twitching nervously pacing around the raging bonfire he's built, eyes darting madly around.  Packing up at 1:00 am and heads home.

Have a great w/e Steve!

You forgot to mention that my shoes would be melted by then  :D

6Quigs

Quote from: zymomyzErrr, that's weird, I just checked the general campsite availability for Joseph D Grant park for this weekend... I have the ONLY site reserved :eek:
That is really weird I don't know if Margaret would be comfortable camping as the only occupied site.

Now Z, you know if anybody else shows up, they are not a well organised person, plan camping trips 6 months in advance type of person.
Instead, all you'll get are the spur of the moment, do anything without first thinking type of people,
like put a can of lighter fluid on the fire for fun type,

have fun anyway, can't wait to hear your stories when you return.

zymomyz

Quote from: 6QuigsThat is really weird I don't know if Margaret would be comfortable camping as the only occupied site.

Now Z, you know if anybody else shows up, they are not a well organised person, plan camping trips 6 months in advance type of person.
Instead, all you'll get are the spur of the moment, do anything without first thinking type of people,
like put a can of lighter fluid on the fire for fun type,

have fun anyway, can't wait to hear your stories when you return.

That's exactly what I figgered. I picked a site that doesn't have sites on either side of it. I just know if some other psychos show up they'd park right next to me - I just hope they didn't just get out jail !!  :eek:  :D

Have a good time at Seacliff !! Should be a beautiful weekend over there !

zymomyz

6Quigs

Quote from: zymomyzI'm off...
Us too.
Margaret is picking up the kids from school at 2.40, and then we're outa' here.