News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: April Rally

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Civil_War_BuffWe are trying like mad to change the calendar around so we can make it.  Stay tuned.
 This group is amazing!
 The PU is sitting out in the street in front of the house just begging to go camping!

Cottonwooder

Surfcal
QuoteWith a single decision, the Wagonmaster determines the fate of dozens of individual campers on where they will travel and camp, like a General leading his troops.

Mr. GSM is darn good at that.  Last summer he wasn t even aware that a few of us were trying to plan a rally till I let him know that something close by was in the works.  Stepped in, bypassed all the whiffle-whaffle, and stated where and when it was going to be.  Lots of sighs of relief and thanks went his way.  Had he not done that, we d probably still be debating, LOL!  (That September rally turned out fantastic!)

Cottonwooder

CottonwooderOh man, I just realized something.  Am I even invited to this rally?  Is it only for NNCers and if so, are we now members?  How does this all work???

Hybrid Holly

Civil_War_BuffCottonwooder,
 I m sure you are in...just a few small initiations to go through?!?!?!
 How well to you:
 Make racoon noises?
 Play a kazoo?
 Mud wrestle?
 Find sunken bodies?

just to mention a few!

g-whiz

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

Scott, you officially have a rally going. It s even on the web page.

I also admire your cajones for making the bold decision. I was feeling a little insecure about choosing the June rally site....especially after seeing how democratically they are putting together the eastern rally.[8D]

Choose a place; they will come!  At least that s how it seems to me.

Cottonwooder, I think Scott s idea of a " Split the Difference"  rally was to encourage Sic-Neff-Coughers to attend.  I think we have become SNic-Neff-Coughers.  Do we need a by-law amendment or whatever to add another name?

SactoCampers

g-whiz
QuoteORIGINAL:  g-whiz

Cottonwooder, I think Scott s idea of a " Split the Difference"  rally was to encourage Sic-Neff-Coughers to attend.  I think we have become SNic-Neff-Coughers.  Do we need a by-law amendment or whatever to add another name?

I m way ahead of you, Georgeanne!

[link=http://nick-neff-cough.tripod.com/nnc/id2.html]Click Here[/link]

[link=http://nick-neff-cough.tripod.com/nnc/id3.html]and Here[/link]

Cottonwooder

SactoCampers
QuoteI m way ahead of you, Georgeanne!
 Click Here

OMG, I see that we re part of the membership list.  Yippee!! [:D] (BTW, there is a Mr. Cottonwooder: Mike.  He never posts, but he ll be fun to rally with.  When you have a chance, please list us as " Michael & Patricia" .)

So, there s Nick-Neff, Sick-Neff, and SNick-Neff.  What s next?

g-whiz

SactoCampersAWESOME, Brian!!!  I read it all and am truly impressed.  When you were asking about pictures to post, was it for that site?  If so I ll start looking for one of GSM and myself.

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuoteOh man, I just realized something. Am I even invited to this rally? Is it only for NNCers and if so, are we now members? How does this all work???

Cottonwooders--you are definitely members of NNC since in reality there is no SNC yet.  As far as initiation....let s see....I think that Mike s parents are the last recruits....what did they have to do?  Oh, they showed up, ate and drank and laughed, and were social, and said, " Thanks, it was nice meeting you."   TADA--members.  Not too hard.

QuoteNote that there s a men s prison about one mile away. For some people, this can be a real turnoff."  

Oh my.  We might need a Rally Name Change.  How about " The Great SLO Escape Rally" ?  Heck...I m the Wagon Master.  " Voting? We don t need no stinken voting!"   " The Great SLO Escape Rally"  it is.

gsm x2

Nick

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteHeck...I m the Wagon Master. " Voting? We don t need no stinken voting!"  " The Great SLO Escape Rally"  it is.

It s done!

gsm x2

Civil_War_BuffWhat a group!!!  What a group!!!

Made a decision this morning.  By this afternoon:
 [ul]

• Mike s Mom s Birthday has been moved to SLO
  • Larry Lehman, who has been silent on the issue, is ready to come down
  • We ve renamed the Rally
  • We are listed at www.nick-neff-cough.org
  • Jeff, who said, " Sorry, but no rallies for April or May"  is now saying, " We are trying like mad to change the calendar around so we can make it. Stay tuned."
  • " Our Probables"  already include: gsm x2 and g-whiz, cottonwooder, sammyslave, otter, Nick, Lute & Bonny, Dave, and Rick and Bea, memorymaker (who knows the trip well), surfcal, Chezway and Moose.  " Twelve of twelve spaces already spoken for.  We could have a megarally soon.
  • Completely destroyed the Democratic Process.  Want complete power?  Don t be a dictator.  Be a benevolent Wagon Master instead.
  • [/ul]
     I think that this group is definitely the envy of PUT

BTW--you may find this kind of cool.  I made the phone call to make the reservations while sitting inside a 2003 Coleman popup.  I took our van in for a recall today, dropped it off, then walked over to All Tent Trailers,
http://www.alltents.com/, to rent a popup for our daughter s family for the Gold Coast Rally.  Made the reservations, then sat in a PU and made the inquiries and arrangements for the " Great SLO Escape Rally."

And to top it off, we are already on page 3 of the mandatory 6 for any rally.

gsm x2

OC Campers

Civil_War_BuffHey Patricia its official, we are in!!!  I don t know if they know what they have done?  Oh well, they will find out.  I am so sad we won t make " The great SLO escape"  rally.  My mother in law only comes to town every 2 years or so and she is coming in on the 10th of April. ::sigh::  One of these days, we will make it to a NNC rally.

Jacqui

Cottonwooder

Hybrid Holly
QuoteI m sure you are in...just a few small initiations to go through?!?!?!
 How well to you:
 Make racoon noises?

That s easy: Just pop open some cooler lids and churn the ice around while looking for dinner! [:D]

Cottonwooder

gsm x2
QuoteI ve reserved 12 spots with hookups nearest the restroom from April 11 - 13.

I like " nearest the restroom" .  Whew!  How much is our share?  I ll get the check off in the mail.

BTW, we re headed for Casitas next weekend for the first time since our September rally.  Rebec s birthday on Saturday.  We re " fleeing"  Chuck E Cheese on Friday, heading straight to Casitas!  Already booked the same site we had in September.  [:)]

Nick

gsm x2Hey Scott, I dont mind where you put us as long as you can put my family together.