News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottonwooder

SactoCampers
QuoteSorry guys!  Appears I misinterpreted Patricia s response after explaining how easy it is to misinterpret on the boards! <mud on my face!>  Just wanna make sure we re all one big happy family!

BTW, anyone see the Dixie Chicks special last night?

You lost me, Sacto.  What mud on your face?  You didn t misinterpret anything.

Now, about those Chicks -- granted, this could be taken both ways -- but did anyone else s jaw hit the ground when, upon being asked what she d like to say to President Bush now, Natalie Maines said " One hour wouldn t be enough." ???  In context of their non-apology and continuing to stand behind their hullaballoo, I got the impression that one hour wouldn t be enough to rake him over the coals!

Prior to last night s interview, I thought all of this banning nonsense was way overboard.  But now that they continue to dig themselves in deeper in a hole, I m beginning to wonder.  Sacto, what do you think?

griffsmom

gsm x2Mike,

I am heartbroken for your cousin and his wife at the loss of their little boy and will definitely put them on my prayer list.  There are some things in life that are just so very hard to accept and the loss of a child tops that list for me.  I think it is even worse now that I am a parent.  

Being a parent is such a strange, yet profound experience.  I rejoiced the day we brought Griffin home from  the hospital--my heart could not have been any fuller-- and yet I fretted the whole first year, worrying about SIDS.  Then Griffin turned one, and I was able to breathe a little bit easier, but then as he continued to grow, there were other things to worry about, like keeping him out of the street or away from strangers, tracking his development as compared to other kids his age, working with him to quit hitting the other kids at preschool...  

It s completely beyond our comprehension when the things we do as parents to protect our children, such as getting them immunized to keep them from getting ill, is what unexpectedly hurts them. We have a child, and for the most part, we just assume that they ll be always here.  We dream about when they ll start eating solid food, and sitting up and walking and talking; what their school years will be like, what they ll be when they grow up.  We look forward to grandchildren someday.  And yet, there is no guarantee.  I know that the Lord has chosen to bless me with Griffin, but he is only on loan to me.  It is my job to love him, care for him, raise him the best way I know how and then set him free.  There are days when I can t imagine how I ll ever be able to do that because I can t seem to stop my eyes from tearing up as I watch my mom s car slowly drive away from our home with my little boy strapped securely in the backseat.  For Pete s sake, he s only going to Nana s house! The only way I can desribe it is that when Griffin was born, my heart grew three sizes that day.

I m sorry for such a long and rambling post, but I am deeply touched by your cousin s loss.  I can only imagine the depth of their grief, and even that is too much for me to bear.  Please let them know that our hearts and tears and prayers are with them.

Nick

gsm x2Thanks everyone for the kind posts.  My mom just talked to my cousin and at least the baby went peacfully, at home in his dads arms.  The reassuring point is now he is pain free, not suffering and is in his BIG daddys arms.  Lori, i relate to everything you say.  Just last night I was laying bed and got an overwhelming desire to go check on Hunter.  He of course was fine, but whats wierd is it turns out it was about the same time as Zach passed away.

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2Nick -
 Sorry to hear about your cousin s family.  My SIL lost a baby after just 10 days so I can imagine what you all are going through.
 Again, I m sorry.

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2Camping Geek aka Guest -
 Great to see you checking in here!  See, I told you that you wouldn t need to spend the $30.00 to post here.  Stop by more often.  Thanks again for the excellent answers on why I need to make that slide-out shelf!

Brian -
 I bumped into Camping Geek (CG) over at PUX last week.  Ssshh, don t tell Larry/Sammy Slave who doesn t want NNC to get any larger, but I e-mailed CG about the June rally as he lives only 20 miles from Plymouth.  He can t make that one, but will be going to the " boring"  Tahoe rally.  I also mentioned to him that if he s around at all during the June rally to try and stop by Sat. or Sun. and say hello.

Cottonwooder

Nick
Quotebut whats wierd is it turns out it was about the same time as Zach passed away.

[:(]

otter

CottonwooderOh Nick!  My heart aches for you all.  Losing a child has to be the very hardest thing for the human psyche to deal with.  You have our prayers for strength and protection thru this period of grief.  
 Hugs and more hugs Dianne and Lon

6Quigs

NickNick,
 We are so sorry to hear such terrible news.
 Your cousin and his wife and all your family will be included in our prayers.

NickI feel for your cousin and you, Nick.  I can t imagine what it must feel like.  I ve lost both parents and a brother but it was nothing like going to a funeral for a close friend s baby (14 days old).  It wasn t long after my oldest was born and the second was on the way.  All my best.

Campinggeek
 99 Utah behind 03 1500HD Crew (Yea!)
 It takes twice as many muscles to frown than to smile...why waste the energy  

Ab Diver

CottonwooderNick, words can not express the grief your cousin s family, and your family, are going through right now. I m so sorry. You and yours are in our prayers.

To you, your cousin, and your families...

...from your extended camping family.

Civil_War_Buff

CottonwooderNick,

Please convey our deepest sympathy to your cousin and his wife....it is hard to imagine the loss of a youngster.....our thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Surfcal

CottonwooderNick:

May peace be with you and your family, your cousin and his wife.

Surfcal

Chez Way

gsm x2Nick,
 My deepest sympathy to your cousin s family and everyone else touched by this tragic loss.  My sister lost a two year old over 10 years ago and it has made us all appreciate the value of the time we have together.  I believe that there is a special place in heaven and everyone s hearts for this child.  Our prayers are with you.

forestwalker

NickWe are praying for all affected.

Cottonwooder

NickNick, your cousin and family have been on my mind all night.  Can t even imagine what they are going through.  Sending lots of prayers their way.