News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ab Diver

Cottonwooder(Stirring the pot)

Now, you know I don t count posts, and I don t care who s got " what"  position in the ratings, but--- I m on the first page in Four (count  em, four!) member catagories: " All"  members, the " A"  members, " Total Posts" , and " Member Since"  .

Ok, top that. (hehehehe)

Hey, it s a slow day on the forum, and this thread needed a fun post to rouse the rabble.

(Nick, hang in there, Bro. If this post is objectionable, I ll edit it accordingly)

Cottonwooder

Ab Diver
QuoteOk, top that. (hehehehe)

Good job, Dave!  I can hear TOS making one of his mental notes to change his screen name.  " AGSMx2" ?  " AbGSMx2?"   Both spellings still list alphabetically behind " Ab Diver" .  Perhaps just plain ol  " Aaaaaaa"  and call himself Fonzie?  [:D]

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderReminds me of all the businesse s out there with " A1"  in their name, lol.
 I ll always associate " Acme"  with the Road Runner cartoons.  Now there was a violent cartoon, lol!

griffsmom

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

I ll always associate " Acme"  with the Road Runner cartoons.

Isaw a truck this past week that had " Akme"  painted on the side and I thought to myself, " He obviously never saw a roadrunner cartoon!" [:D]

Ab Diver

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteI ll always associate " Acme"  with the Road Runner cartoons.

You re not going to believe this (but I swear it s true), but as I read your post, I was drinking an " ACME California Pale Ale" , brewed and bottled by the North Coast Brewing Co., Inc., Fort Bragg, Mendocino County, CA 95437

Small world, eh? [:D]

Gooo-ood stuff, Manard! (burp)

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderMmmmmm, Good beer Dave!  I toast my Sierra Nevada Pale Ale to you sir.

Ab Diver

Red neff BarchettaSpeaking of beer...

Maybe I should have posted this here:

http://www.popuptimes.com/members/tm.asp?m=24825&appid=&p=&mpage=1&key=&language=&tmode=&s=#24825

[:)][:D][;)]

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderWe just returned from a 2 hr. (blahh!) trip at Costco with the full intention to buy some things for the PU.  Well, the checkbook is definitely a few hundred dollar s lighter, but we didn t get a thing for the PU, lol.  Murphy s Law I guess - When you expect to find some things for the PU, you won t.
 Amy (the coffee drinker) checked out the new Coleman gas drip coffee maker and decided that it is too big and bulky.  It really would take up a lot of storage space.  Also, we have been reading a lot of post s about how the coffee doesn t get warm enough.  She ll stick to her plastic Melitta filter holder and pour boiling water through it.  Almost as good as home.
 Also, checked out the 2 1/2 x4  (roughly) aluminun folding table and decided that it just won t work for our needs.
 Can t believe we gave ourselves free reign to get some things for the PU and came away empty handed!

otter

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteShe ll stick to her plastic Melitta filter holder and pour boiling water through it. Almost as good as home.

We have an unending battle re: coffee making.  I m with Amy; nothing is as easy to store, easy to make, and easy to clean up after than the Melita when camping.
 Lon loves the boiled coffee!  requiring 5 parts to keep up with and a %^$& to clean.  So we bring both.  

We are looking at a 3 legged table a bit smaller than costco s.  I really like the extra table when the camper is far away from the picnicn table, but have decided to bring an extra colman stove for those occasions.  It is smaller and packs easier.  

We were talking solar panels today.  I haven t seen anyone in our group using them, but we do see them in the campgrounds.  Sounds like a good idea.  
 Pricey, but .....

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderDianne -
 We have the popupgizmo s as well as SactoCamper.  G-Whiz just bought GSMx2 a set also.  Y-Guy had them on his Niagara also.  There are other s with them, but I can t remember who right now.  You ll know who has them on their PU by the orange handled clamps around the 3 open ends of each bunk.
 They are well worth the money!  Since you arrived late Friday night to Snug Harbor, you missed my velcro mod. I did to them.  It worked perfectly!  If you get a set of your own (& you should!), I ll show you my simple mod. to make putting them on a breeze.

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteWe have the popupgizmo s as well as SactoCamper. G-Whiz just bought GSMx2 a set also. Y-Guy had them on his Niagara also. There are other s with them, but I can t remember who right now. You ll know who has them on their PU by the orange handled clamps around the 3 open ends of each bunk.

Jeff--actually I think she is talking about the solar panels used for powering the battery.  Didn t CWB have them before he changed to his Trailmanor???

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2Doh!

Well then, I know almost nothing regarding solar panels except that I ve read many threads where anything less than 45 watts is a waste of money.  Don t even know what (or is that watt) the 45 watts means in regards to the solar panels, lol.

6Quigs

gsm x2Way back, when we camped at Bodega Bay,
 one camper, Splined had 3 solar panels to recharge his batteries.
 each panel was about 18 by 36 inches
 They are pricey, so I just bought a second battery,
 ALOT cheaper, and ALOT smaller to pack, unpack, and set up.

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

Doh!

Well then, I know almost nothing regarding solar panels except that I ve read many threads where anything less than 45 watts is a waste of money.  Don t even know what (or is that watt) the 45 watts means in regards to the solar panels, lol.

Three 15-watt panels, as 6Quigs said. at 12.6 volts, it s about  1 amp per hour times three. So three amps per hour. Multiplied by time exposed to the sun (around 7-8), you could generate around 24 amp-hours back into your battery.

Costco online has a complete system including inverter for $314.

I m looking at a solar energy system for my home. 2.4 kilowatts (i.e. 2400 watts). Expensive, but it pays for itself in the reduction of my electricity bill. [:)]

SactoCampers

GuestWoops. I pulled an Otter.

I imagine if I had a front storage trunk, the solar system wouldn t be a major hassle packing and unpacking. I would simply mount adhesive tape (3M makes a special double-sided tape that leaves no mark behind when you dismount) to clips to the top of my popup roof, hook up the panels, then run the wire and battery clips to the battery. It s kinda cool. If we dry camped more (I should correct that and say, If we camped more) I would consider getting the system. But we don t so I won t. I got a second battery....and maybe a third.