News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottonwooder

otter
QuoteI did want to chat Wednesday night, but nobody showed up. We are falling apart here. And the rally is 71 days away.

No, no, five of us (that I know of) were there.  I arrived at 8:30 and stayed for an hour.  The Gs were there, as well as 6Quigs and CA-girl.  Was hoping you d stick your head back in.

Looks like it s you and me holding down the fort again over the weekend.  Our plans depend on the weather.  I sure hope I can hit a scrapbook store or two!  Saturday is National Scrapbook Day. [:)]

Cottonwooder

CottonwooderBwahahahahaha, I didn t even notice that I was about to flip the page.  Just can t help it, I guess!

Noticed the date of this post.  May 2nd was my father s birthday and, thinking along the lines of GSM s post, he would have been 89.  My mother turns 80 next year, and barring anything major (like SARS!) I ll be there for her birthday. [:)]

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderDianne -
 Somehow we ve lost 22 days since your post last night.
 There are only 49 days left until the rally!

6Quigs

otter
QuoteI did want to chat Wednesday night, but nobody showed up.

I saw that you had logged in at around 7:30 Dianne, and yes it was quiet then.
 Scott and I both logged on at 7.59, just like clockwork,
 Let s try again next week at 8:00

6QuigsHappy Bithday 6quigs.  We share the day, what about the year?  I m in the pack of 1961.

Campinggeek
  99 Utah behind  03 Chevy 1500HD (Jeep is now sold yea!)

otter

CottonwooderI guess I should have held on for a while longer Wednesday night.  Would have been fun.  I will try agaiin this week, but ta bit later.  

Did you get to your scraping stores this weekend, Patricia?  I have been making baby blankets all week.  Stanford pow wow is this coming weekend and I need to be prepared!.  We have friends from NM coming who wil have booth, so I get to sell with them.  

This is always a busy week with company at the house and the pow wow and mothers day.  I am being lazy today to get tready for it.  A s and Giants both on tv so I have lots of excuses to hang around.  Lon is out hiking, but I opted out.

We had dinner last night with Rita nd Larry.  Always fun.  We walked and tlaked and laughed and ate and ate.  I wonder how the weather is in Temecula this weekend.  It doesn t look good on the news here.  

Ok friends.  I will check in later.[:)]

otterHi Dianne, just got back home, but not from scrapping stores.  But I did get a huge pack of paper from Michaels. [:D]  On sale plus a coupon!  [:D][:D][:D]

And, of course, in honor of this day, I m wearing my sweatshirt that says " Will trade husband for scrapbook supplies" .  (Yes, I made the iron-on myself.  Who else would dare make such a thing???)  The back lists about 20 signs showing that you re addicted to scrapbooking. [8D]

Saturday is a major work day for me, where I catch up on all the things I couldn t do during the week, so I was in the office for 3 hours today. Afterwards, Rebec and I hit Michaels and JoAnns with our coupons.  Yes, a fine day indeed! [:D]

It s been raining on and off here, but the sun/blue sky is trying valiantly to put in an appearance.  Hope the weather is good down in Temecula.  We didn t even drive up to Cachuma today.

We have a tentative delivery date of May 30 for our new trailer, so it looks like it ll turn out to be Karen s birthday present (May 31) instead of mine, LOL!  This wait is agonizing.  [>:]

Cottonwooder

GuestWell, shoot, who kicked me out and labeled me " Guest" ??? [&:]

Ab Diver

CottonwooderPatricia, that s one of the nice things about this group. We don t label people.[;)]

Man, I wanna go camping so bad it s killing me. SWMBO asked if we should start planning to take the camper out now that the never-ending-rain-storm-called-April is over. Can you guess my answer?

Signed, Dave-- who was perusing the Ford Truck web site today, trying to figure out how to afford an F-450 crew-cab so I can load our Bayside in the back and still tow a boat this summer. 15,000 GVWR, and 17,200 tow rating. Man, that s a lotta truck! Ah, would that it were posssible....

Cottonwooder

Ab Diver
Quoteso I can load our Bayside in the back and still tow a boat this summer.

Dave, I don t know whether to chuckle or shake my head in disbelief.  " THIS I gotta see!!!"

When we were truck shopping in January, and again now that we ve signed on the dotted line for a trailer, we ve been on the IRV2 boards reading up on GVWR and GCVWR, hitch weights and tire pressure, etc. till our minds are spinning.  Your lofty ambitions will impress the truck fanatics.  An F150 like ours, in their eyes, is worthy of pulling nothing more than a red flyer wagon.  

Ab Diver

CottonwooderHey, I got an idea... ab season is open, I love to dive, I love to camp, and I know this bunch of crazy folks who also love pop-up campers. I also know a whole bunch of campgrounds where all these things could come together. Anybody up for a mini-rally at the coast in a couple weeks? Dunno how spur-of-the-moment a " rally"  can be, but if we were to go camping, anybody wanna join us?

Of course, if the ocean conditions went to He** in a handbasket [: (], the diving part would be nixed. " Live to dive another day" , and all that... [:D]

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderDave -
 Boy does that sound like fun!  Unfortunately, we are booked solid until the June rally.  Have fun and we sure would like to drive up sometime in the near future and join you!  Maybe we can chat about it in Plymouth?
 Next w/e should be fun as the boys and I are taking Amy to the A s/Yankees game on Saturday.  We have some terrific seats!  A friend and I were saying how funny (maybe not to the Mom s) it is that the Mother s day w/e is always a sell-out around the Major Leauges and you wonder how many Mom s would choose a baseball game to be taken to, ha.  Sunday s game is totally sold out btw.  She gets to sleep in on Sunday.

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderDianne -
 Glad you had a good time with Larry & Rita!  They sure are making the NNC rounds aren t they.

otter

Red neff Barchetta
Quotewonder how many Mom s would choose a baseball game to be taken to, ha.

We went to the A s games for years on Mother s Day.  They used to play Boston in the old days that weekend and AI grew up a Red Sox fan.  My floks aof course lovedd it and Lon s Mom is a baseball fan too, so we would all go.  It was a treat to eat hotdogs and whatever and not have to cook!

Now our freinds come NM and we do Pow Wow all weekend.  As long as I don t have to cook, I m a happy camper. [:D]

otter

Ab Diver
Quotebut if we were to go camping, anybody wanna join us?
May is like Dec for us; if you don t get us the first weekend it booked solid.  And June is the same. ...And we thought retirement would slow things down.  [&:]