News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottonwooder

gsm x2How wonderful to have CampNFools be one of us at this rally after they were mere spectators a year ago.  (Just think how close they were to being one of NNC s founding fathers!)  Makes you wonder how many of today s spectators will be tomorrow s Coughers!  We were all ears that night when Dennis read from his notebook.  Another precious Rally moment.

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff BarchettaZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Guess I ll go to work now.

Red neff BarchettaSorry we missed you last weekend.  From reading the posts, it sounds like everyone had a great time.  But I have some happy girls now. We bought our new furniture Saturday AM (this will be set 4 after the first 3 didn t pass muster) then were planning on coming by but instead went home first.  Didn t go anywhere all weekend and the girls exhausted themselevs in the pool both days.  Amazing how easy it is to put them to bed when they are falling asleep at the dinner table.

We are headed back up to Union Valley, Wolf Creek cg, this w/e.  

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon
 99 Utah behind 03 Chevy 1500HD

Ca-girl

QuoteWe are headed back up to Union Valley, Wolf Creek cg, this w/e.

Hey Jon...we will be at Wolf Creek the weekend of the 18th...one of these days, we re BOUND to have plans to be at Union Valley on the same weekend so we can finally meet!

Ca-girlWe may be up at Wright s lake that weekend for a picnic and to take care of a family matter.  My Mom passed a year ago and we are going to plant a grove of trees there.  Both my parents were teachers so we used to camp there for 3-4 weeks every summer when we were kids.  Give a little back.

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon
 99 Utah behind " Big Red"  Chevy 1500HD

Civil_War_Buff

Red neff BarchettaI guess that I will make it 92 pages!

Calstate361

Civil_War_BuffFor those of you who were interested in Kayaking stuff, here is the site for the " Current Adventures"  E-mail Newsletter I get from them.  If you want to learn more about all the trips they go on (like the Grand Canyon, Chili, etc.) contact them and they will add you to their e-mail list.  I m not knowledgable about e-mail links so not sure if this will work or not.  In case it doesn t here is the address:  www.kayaking.com.

[link=][/link]www.kayaking.com [denise@kayaking.com]

Joan

Red neff Barchetta

Civil_War_BuffWell, we are all loaded up for the morning (all but the bikes that is).
 What a crazy 4 days I just finished up!  Turns out it was a good move to leave the rally on Sunday as I salvaged the mess.
 Have a great w/e everyone!  Talk to you on Monday (except Don, Lianne, Mevin, & Kargret).

6Quigs

Red neff Barchetta
Quoteexcept Don, Lianne, Mevin, & Kargret
Good to see you getting a head start on the weekend drinking Neff[:D]
 Just listening to the news & Weather & it s supposed to be 107 degrees in your neck of the woods tomorrow, but only in the 80 s at the coast [;)][;)]

Everyone else have a great weekend, I know we will.

Cottonwooder

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteI guess that I will make it 92 pages!

He used to cringe and beg for mercy for sneaking a Flip away from me, but now he s so brash.  Well, ~Buff~ did warn me that now that we ve met IRL, all niceties are out the window, LOL!

Totally unrelated to camping, but in case anyone missed it, today you can sign up for the nationwide Do Not Call list.  Amen!  [link=http://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx]Click Here[/link]

Surfcal

Civil_War_BuffHey ya ll.  This is what I posted in the Gold Rush Rally thread.  I m too lazy to compose another posting and some of you are too lazy to let your fingers walk up to the Gold Rush Rally threads, so here it is.  It is in context of the Gold Rush.

Greetings everyone:

I have been out of pocket for about two weeks solid now and this has been one of my rare opportunities to check in. It is so gratifying to hear everyone had so much fun in the vintage spirit of NNC fellowship.

I am also very touched by your sentiments that I was missed. It isn t often that a lost sheep of the herd is regarded with so much awareness and I am truly humbled by your friendship. But I would have gladly traded the humility to have been there.

However, I take much pride and joy the NNC Documentary was received with so much enthusiasm. As a filmmaker/producer in my real life, the greatest goal is to communicate ideas and foster ideals.

As was displayed at the Gold Rush, there was more friendship, comaraderie and common interests displayed amongst all, truly a microcosm of an idealistic society. I suppose that if we had set out to create the kind of community that we all want for ourselves, it would mirror what happens at NNC. It is a suspended reality that comes in delightful monthly bubbles that staves off the rest of the world.

And so, despite the fact that I missed the biggest NNC party of the year, my small contribution was a video feature that celebrates the positive attributes of our cause...to take life lightly and have some fun, to enjoy the merriment with childlike innocence and to internalize the goodwill with lots of food and drinks. It just doesn t get any better than that.

The NNC Documentary is meant to state the obvious, but perhaps more than anything, to serve as a reminder that what we ve achieved is a Utopian quality that just doesn t come around that often in a lifetime. And those thoughts were so eloquently stated by the various members who ve become immortalized on tape. What goes on in a certain filmmaker s head you ask? Well, there you go.

I may have not been physically there, but your collective thoughts gave me a presence on-site beyond what I could have filled if I had been there myself. And as for the video, it is only reflective of what we already are, fun, caring, kind and refeshingly odd. I am pleased to be in your company...in person and in thoughts.

Surfcal

P.S. I will continue to be out of pocket for another week or so. Even though I arrived home last night from being away from home for more than two and half weeks solid, I have to go into a very concentrated period of post-production. But above all, I wanted to thank you for your kind words.

otter

Civil_War_BuffThere was a bit of rabble rousing going on in Santa Cruz last night.

Dianne had her first (and last) HaveyWallbanger thanks to Kevin Q.[8D]
 Margaret learned how to heal her heels properly thanks to Amy [;)]
 Larry s friend and business associate found out what a quiet group we are NOT! [&:]
 Justine and Connor heard the ocean in a shell for the first time[:D]
 Austin startled Dianne who screamed loudly and all the kids laughed and laughed[:o]
 and one lost dog was found by her owner because none of us were in any condition to drive her to the pound. [:)]
 We missed everyone else baking in this heat.  It was coooooool on the coast.
 Go Giant!
 Dianne

Ca-girl

Civil_War_BuffWell, we just got back from a weekend at Olema, and I must say that we find some incredible new sight every time we go there!  This time, we took a wrong turn trying to get to Muir Woods, and ended up at the top of Mount Tamalpias....the view the whole way up the mountain was SPECTACULAR! And then Kevin, Megan, and the rest of the people we were camping with went to the tip top by the observation deck (I stayed below with Melissa...she just wasn t quite up to the challenge). Here are some of the pictures if you would like to take a gander at them.

http://community.webshots.com/album/78983281PbWsVH

otter

Civil_War_BuffHi Tania:  I have never been to Mt tempelpias and have always wanted to go.  You have renewed my desire to do so.  It must be spectacular.  Those girls of yours are so fortunate to have you and Kevin as parents!  What wonderful things you do with them.
 Give them hug for me.
 And tell Kevin, I m looking forward to our next spades partnership; bruises and all.[:D][:D]

6Quigs

otter
QuoteThere was a bit of rabble rousing going on in Santa Cruz last night.
Thanks again Lon & Dianne for your hospitality.
 We all had a great time, in true NNC fashion, with plenty of food, drink and laughter.