News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Civil_War_BuffIncredible!!!  That s my word for this w/e.  We just finished one of the most terrific w/e s we have had in the PU thanks to 10 people that we did not know a year ago.  Amy & I have been " trippin "  over the phenomenon known as NNC all afternoon.  First Kevin & Margaret invite us to join them at SeaCliff SP literally ON THE BEACH!!!!  Open the PU door, hop a small fence, and jump in the Pacific Ocean!!  You gotta be kiddin  me?!  These are sites that take incredible perseverance and tenacity to make reservation s for (which Margaret possesses) and they invited us to have their second site.  What an amazing place!  Dolphins 30 yds. off shore every few hours.  Boogie Boarding, Skim boarding (not me though - too old for that, ha), Body Surfing, lounging, drinking, eating, drinking, eating, drinking, dri...  Sleeping to crashing surf, waking to crashing surf, etc...
 Even more than that though, is what wonderful people all 6 Quigs are!  We just had a great w/e!  Our kids wanted to go home with them and theirs with us, ha.
 It didn t even matter that my PU plumbing sprung a leak and we could only turn on the water as needed and then have to turn it off again at the spigot each time.  Thankfully Kevin was there with an excellent solution and the parts for that solution until I can install corrugated tubing to the sink and outside shower this week.  Damn that Coleman for using plastic tubing for the water " pipes" , lol!
 Next came Saturday afternoon/night where we spent it with the Otter s and SammySlave s.  All I can say is that Lon & Dianne had incredible foresight to purchase that house overlooking the ocean almost 20 years ago!  All Larry/SammySlave, and I could do was mutter around to each other about our own stupidity in not having a place of our own like that, ha!  Not to mention the beautiful women walking by the picture window, lol.  If Margaret, Rita, or Amy read this, Kevin and Larry made me look!  Dianne & Lon - What a wonderful place you have!  We are very thankful to you for sharing your home and hospitality with us for an evening.  Larry & Rita - We are also so fortunate to know you 2 and are so glad you came all the way over the hill to join in the fun.  Amy, Margaret, Dianne, & Rita held up the HaHa Sisterhood quite well and the talk started heating up regarding female body area s until I realized they were speaking of Bovines, lol.
 What a wonderful night it was.  All of the adults were so wonderful to all the kids and vice versa.
 I don t know why I m sharing this so much here, but I guess it s because Lon, Larry, Kevin, & I kept chatting about how strange (in a good way!) it is that all of these people have come to know each other and genuinely enjoy one another s company.  It is indeed a " trip" .
 And I feel that way about NNC in general.

Tania -
 I m sorry we missed you being so close to us!  Let us know next time you re going to Olema and we ll come bug you.  Mt. Tam. is pretty awesome isn t it.

Now back to my regularly scheduled life and a month long camping dry spell.

Cottonwooder

Red neff BarchettaSounds like we missed a good one!  Was this a planned rally, or did it just happen?

You guys are having way too much fun!  Good job!!! [:)]

Surfcal

Civil_War_BuffFYI:

This might be a good item to have along with all the Arvee paraphernalia during rallies:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2739069387&category=2902

Surfcal

6Quigs

Cottonwooder
QuoteSounds like we missed a good one! Was this a planned rally, or did it just happen?
It was sort of a Mini-Mini-Rally.
 Two adjacent sited were booked 7 months ago, in our secret favorite camping spot.
 The Neff family joined us for the weekend, and Saturday night potluck was held at the Otters house, just 5 miles away.
 Here s a few photos of the fun.

http://community.webshots.com/album/79086360jejOMK

g-whiz

6QuigsNice photos Kevin!  Even the cold Pacific looks inviting!  The company definitely looks inviting!!!  Udderly fascinating.  [;)]

Civil_War_Buff

SurfcalAnd if you don t want to mess with this foo-foo whoooooopy stuff, you can always opt for the original:

http://www.roydmercer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=RDM

Ray, I was wearing mine at the rush rally.

Ca-girl

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteRay, I was wearing mine at the rush rally.

I have the proof: http://community.webshots.com/photo/78175934/78176518YGHXCl

otter

Civil_War_BuffALERT

AB diver-Dave has been very ill since coming home from Plymouth last week.  He has what the doctors are now calling Viral meningitis.  I have been in touch with Elaine who says he has been in constant pain since Thursday and that just this morning they are putting the meningitis name to his ailment. Dave asked to have this posted in case anyone else is feeling poorly.  His doctor says that there have been 6 or 7 cases in thier county recently, so maybe it is centralized there and not in Plymouth.  Let s hope so.  
 Please sendyour prayers and wishes for strength his way.

OC Campers

Civil_War_BuffDave (AB Diver) we sure hope you are feeling better.   Wishing you a speedy recovery.

To ease your mind, since we were direct PUT neighbors and spent a lot of time with you, the Cantrell family is feeling fine.    

Jacqui

Cottonwooder

otterOh dear.  Dave, prayers being sent your way.   Hang in there.

Please keep us posted.

otterAb-Diver,

Hope you feel better soon.  Had worries about meningitis around here 2 years ago with a major outbreak in the High school down the hill and at an elementary school up the hill.  And with 2 young kids, it was a real threat.  

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon

Red neff Barchetta

GuestDave/Ab -
 Get better soon buddy!
 We re thinking of you.

6Quigs

Red neff BarchettaSorry to hear you re under the weather Dave/AbDiver.
 You are in our prayers,
 Hope you are back on your feet soon, and back out camping

duanefamily

Red neff BarchettaDave,

Most likely your not reading this... but when you do... realize that you have been in our prayers!  Here s hoping you feel better real soon!  

duanefamily

gsm x2

GuestDave,

My dearest wife did her magic looking up information on menengitis on the Internet.  Prognosis looks good even if the symptoms suck.  Hang in there, get plenty of rest, and drink lots of water.

Best wishes,

Scott