News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hybrid Holly

Civil_War_BuffHang in there Dave.  Hope you are back at it soon.

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteHey:::: I scored some Paul Newman Ranch dressing and 2 bags of salad mix left in my refrigerator after the BBQ. The dressing I will toss in the camper to be claimed at a later date, but the salad mix is going into the tummy. (after all that food it is theonly thing going in the tummy this week)
 Thanks to whomsoever left it!

Dianne -
 I left a $100.00 bill at your house.  I ll get it from you in Tahoe.
 Thanks!

otter

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteDianne -
 I left a $100.00 bill at your house. I ll get it from you in Tahoe.
 Thanks!

OH Gee #$@*  Darn *%$#  didn t I tell you?  We are going to miss Tahoe.[&:][&:]

I m just not sure when we will be camping together again. [>:]
 Do you think we could trust to " Brown" ?  I hear their main man is down for the count.

Which reminds me:::: Aug 25 and 26 we will be camping at Trinity Lake on our first leg of our journey north.  Anyone else going to be in that area that weekend?  We are at Pine Cove I do believe.

Is there a Far North  Branch to the Norhern Califoria NNC? (equally accented, of course)

TOS,you dog you...trying to change our name...  And using ATT as a blind.  tsk tsk tsk

SactoCampers

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteDianne -
 I left a $100.00 bill at your house.  I ll get it from you in Tahoe.
 Thanks!

Oh, hey Jeff, did I forget to tell you I left $500 and two cases of Sierra at your site at the Gold Rush Rally? I ll pick them up from you in Tahoe.

QuoteNorhern Califoria NNC

Do you mean Northern Caleuphoria? [;)]

QuoteIs there a Far North Branch to the Norhern Califoria NNC? (equally accented, of course)

No, but maybe you could persuade PCMom to visit you!

gsm x2

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

How do you pronounce " Nick-Neff-Cough" ?

I noticed a couple of people on the NNC video say " Nick-ne-Coff" , stressing the " Nick"  and hardly touching the " Neff"  part.  I say all 3 words equally.  How do you other Coughers say it?

You got it right Patricia [:)]. It s Nick-Neff-Cough, just like Tic-Tac-Toe, each word pronounced with equal emphasis. You ll notice it was TOS, who was the most egregious offender. But then again, he also was calling the Gold Rush Rally the Gold COAST rally for some unknown reason. I mean, the rally wasn t anywhere near the coast. I see now he has corrected it on the SCCampers website. Now all we need to do is work him a little on the Nick-Neff-Cough part. You d think after attending nearly all the rallies he d have it down. I just think he s bein  lazy.

[8D]

BTW, I hope Ab Diver is getting better. Would like to see him check in soon to ease my concerns.

Lazy?  Hmm, must have the wrong TOS.

Fact is that I really didn t even think of it until Sacto Pointed it out.  But in my head I can hear myself saying Nick-Ne-Cough, so I must really be saying it that way.  Thank you for pointing that out.  I will concentrate on pronouncing it correctly and ask that anyone who catches me with lazy lips, please point it out to me.

As far as Gold Coast/Gold Country. I think it was the California Chamber of Commerce that divided the state into regions a few years ago (however I cannot find those regions listed anywhere on the net).  The Ventura Area was part of the Gold Coast Region, so I guess that s stuck in ~Patricia~ and my heads.  I only remember a few of the other regions.  The Gold Country was one.  And I remember that Sacramento was in the Arm Pit Region.

Anyone recall the other ones?

gsm x2

SactoCampers

gsm x2
QuoteAnd I remember that Sacramento was in the Arm Pit Region.

oooooooo, low blow! [;)] No more hugs from you! [;)][8D] Just remember where your food and water come from. Rednek would have you believe it all comes from the midwest, but  it comes from our wonderfully hot and polluted central valley (aka armpit region). I don t see any desalinization plants in Ventura either [8D]. And let s see, it seems like you have four good places to camp down there: Lake Casitas, Lake Cachuma, Vail Lakes, and Newport Dunes. Haven t heard of any others [;)][8D]. Four campgrounds for 20 million to share! [8D] Uh oh, I see the gloves are on and the rabble rousing is about to pick up!

Surfcal

Hybrid HollyRabble Rousing Score:

TOS:  1
 Sacto:  1

Analysis:  No one has the edge, although both had great hits below the belt.

Surfcal

gsm x2

SactoCampers
QuoteJust remember where your food and water come from.

Actually Ventura gets NO State Water Project water and we are a great exporter of citrus, avocado, strawberries and various other varieties of food.  So, we don t get that much by way of Sacramento.

Let s see---what do we export to Sacramento?  Oh, my State taxes go to Sacramento.

gsm x2

6Quigs

gsm x2Getting interesting.[:)]
 Pulling up a chair,
 opening up a cold one,
 opening up the chips.
 O.K. I m ready.

Sacto,
 your turn[;)]

Kelly

6Quigs[font=" comic sans ms" ]So, this is how you all Play!!
 Any chance you d share some chips, Kevin?
 I m thinking this is going to be nothing like the MN Nice I m used to!  [:D][:D][/font]

SactoCampers

6Quigs
QuoteORIGINAL:  6Quigs

Getting interesting.[:)]
 Pulling up a chair,
 opening up a cold one,
 opening up the chips.
 O.K. I m ready.

Sacto,
 your turn[;)]

It s hard to respond about a city I know nothing about. That s how TOS is now framing the debate (i.e. his water point).  He s like Phil Niekro. I could reframe it back to the original NorCal/SoCal debate (which escaped him), but he would probably cry and whine and G-Whiz would have to change his diaper. [8D][8D]

It was nice to see how he dodged the camping point.

Okay, I admit it, I got nothing on Ventura. Especially considering the volumes of stuff that can be written about Sac. But Sacramento can t be all that bad if TOS is willing to drive 300 miles to camp in my armpit.

Cottonwooder

SactoCampersArmpit?  I ve heard Los Angeles being referred to as the armpit of California.  (Not that we live anywhere near there.)

As for Sacramento, know nothing about it, but... isn t that where Gray Davis lives/works/is headquartered?  Mr. Recall Guy himself?   nuff said.

TOS, you can say " Nick-Ne-Coff"  to your heart s content.  I just wondered if everyone else said that and I was the weird one pronouncing all three syllables.

Methinks Sacto is in the mood for some serious RRing.  Flip my switch, and this tasmanian devil will shred you.  <--said with much love, of course! [:)][;)]

SactoCampers

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

Armpit?  I ve heard Los Angeles being referred to as the armpit of California.  (Not that we live anywhere near there.)

Hey, it doesn t matter,  geographical boundaries are allowed to change according to TOS  points.

QuoteAs for Sacramento, know nothing about it, but... isn t that where Gray Davis lives/works/is headquartered?  Mr. Recall Guy himself?   nuff said.

Yep, we re waiting for AH-NUHLD to clean up the mess. At least he ll be entertaining to watch.

QuoteMethinks Sacto is in the mood for some serious RRing.  Flip my switch, and this tasmanian devil will shred you.  <--said with much love, of course! [:)][;)]

Is this the same frazzled Cottonwooder of a few weeks back? Good to see you back to your old self! You never want to get caught in the vortex of the Tasmanian Cottonwooder. [;)][8D]

gsm x2
QuoteVentura gets NO State Water Project water

So I take it you get your water from the city and not the county.

Hey Kelly..nice to see ya.....water is a touchy subject out West.  You may be the land of 1000 lakes but CA has 1000 dry lake beds.

Need a cold one?

Cottonwooder

SactoCampers
QuoteIs this the same frazzled Cottonwooder of a few weeks back? Good to see you back to your old self! You never want to get caught in the vortex of the Tasmanian Cottonwooder.

::::shred::::    ::::hug::::    ::::shred::::    ::::hug::::   [:D]