RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Civil_War_BuffDang!
 I m used to our yahoo site now, lol.
 It s easier to keep track of the posts.
 Oh well, good to be back here.
 Nice to hear from you Ray!  Hope all is well and that being so busy means lots of money!!

6Quigs

Red neff BarchettaRay,
 Great to hear from you,
 Yes Hybrids are starting to take over,
 Last rally had 11 hardsides and only 10 soft sides,
 Looks I just tipped the balance the wrong way[;)]

Cottonwooder

Red neff BarchettaHey there, Neff, now that the boards are back up, do you finally see the burnt corn muffins we were talking about back in January?

What hybrids/hard sides?  Have NNCers been swapping their PUs for hard sides?

otter

Surfcal
QuoteRight now, I am in Providence, RI

That s my home town!  Hope the homies are treating you right.

otter

Civil_War_BuffLon and I are back from the journey to the deserts of the southwest.  what fantastic country it is.  I guess we didn t miss much on these boards.  Sounds like they were down for ever.  We figure we have about 7000 miles on our rig and are beginning to wonder about tires and the like.  We did loose a leafspring on this trip, but fortunately we were all but in Carson City when it happened and the AAA towing covered it.  One hour of labor and the 2 springs didn t even hit $150.  2 nights in a motel  and eating out hurt a bit, but all in all it worked out well.
 Lon leaves for Spain soon, but I ve decided not to go, so I may be up for a rally close by in Oct. or Nov.   Collins Lake sounds too far away.  I ll have to check out the boards and see if anything is planned.  
 It is good to be home.  Hello all
 hugs

SactoCampers

Cottonwooder
QuoteWhat hybrids/hard sides? Have NNCers been swapping their PUs for hard sides?

Kevin just bought a new truck and half-a-hybrid. Scroll to the bottom of this page:

http://www.nick-neff-cough.org/nnc/id86.html

It s good to know Surfcal is still alive and kicking. I had a couple beers for you last weekend, bro. But worry not, Sactocampers will not be going to the hard sides any time soon, even if it does take me all morning to break down camp.

Calstate361

Civil_War_BuffHi all, just wanted to update you on Sal.  He was discharged yesterday from the Hospital and is much better.  When he went in last Friday he weighed 386 lbs. and his sugar level (diabetic) was out of wack.  When they weighed him yesterday he was down to 345 and his sugar level was back to normal.  He has lost 41 lbs. in water weight.  His legs and hands are much smaller now, though his belly is still big.  The doctors have increased the amount of water pills he has to take so we are hoping the stomach will start dwindeling down also.  The infection is well on it s way out.  He is just trying to catch up on sleep now because with all the poking and prodding at the hospital, he didn t get much sleep.   Hopefully, he will be, at least, reading the boards today.  Thanks for all the well wishes.

Boy Kevin (6 Quigs), love the pictures of your new rig.   Can t wait to see it at Collins lake.  Will you have to change sites because of the length of the new rig?

Again, thanks to all of you for the well wishes for Sal.

Joan

otter

Civil_War_BuffGlad Sal is doing better.  What an ordeal!  And off camping he goes.  I love it!  Don t let those Doctors keep you down Sal!
 Hugs

Kelly

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

But worry not, Sactocampers will not be going to the hard sides any time soon, even if it does take me all morning to break down camp.

[font=" comic sans ms" ]All morning??[: (] Yikes, Sacto ~ you re bringing too much stuff if it takes you that long!  I can break camp for a bigger family in a much shorter period of time! [;)] Maybe you just need more practice??  Better camp more!! [:D] [/font]

SactoCampers

KellyKelly,

I ve had my popup for three years. We do bring a lot of stuff, but I do have to do it all by myself, since I Mrs. Sacto has to keep an eye on Sactotoddler. I *could* go faster, but then I always forget something or do something out of sequence. Also, I clean the whole interior of the popup (including shower/toilet area) with Formula 409 (but of course, must sweep before doing that so I don t retrack dirt)and doing that in sequence is critical too. We have the rug that needs to be folded and the awning, the car has to get packed, the dog taken care of, etc. etc. I don t think it s more than anybody else, it s just a lot more than when it was just DW and I when we could do it all in about an hour. We usually wake up around 8:00 A.M., dilly-dally around, start folding sheets, rolling up sleeping bags, straightening things up, etc., eat breakfast, get dressed, deconnect the hookups, but *after* DW is done using them, hook up the TV/DVD in the car, etc. All of this I do myself while DW watches Sactotoddler. If we re lucky, we can be out by 11:00, but we re usually out around 11:30-12:00. It also doesn t help that all the NNC gang comes over and distracts us while we re trying to break down camp [;)][8D][:D]. It s time consuming, but it s worth it. It has to be worth it, because a new tow vehicle and hard-sides are nowhere in our near horizon. I just wish it didn t take so long. This is all true for setting up, too. But once we re all set up, I immediately kick back with a beer or two and I m happy as a clam.

Some of the NNC members are much faster than us at set up and breakdown, others are slower. We re usually not the last ones out of the campground, but it sure feels like it.

You know you re slow packing when tent campers in the site behind get out of the campground before you.

Nick

Civil_War_BuffPacking up just seems to get worse everythime I go.  This past Sunday at Tahoe even Sammyslave was out before I was.[:(]

SactoCampers

Nick
QuoteORIGINAL:  Nick

Packing up just seems to get worse everythime I go.  This past Sunday at Tahoe even Sammyslave was out before I was.[:(]

Oh Man, things have gotten THAT bad?

I gotta tell you, I don t know how you pack all that stuff in your Explorer and popup. I mean, this past trip I had to take out one of my second row captain s chairs *and* my rear bench and we were still packed solid. I don t store much in the popup (just one big bucket, my two tables, grill/stove and grey water containers in the shower area), but yours must have been packed solid...as well as your Explorer.

BTW, were you messin  with the website yesterday?

Red neff Barchetta

NickKelly -
 Nice to see you dropping in!
 Hope you can connect up with the G s (Scott & Georgeanne).  I know they were looking forward to it last w/e.

Sacto & Nick -
 Great work on the NNC site!  You guys are so quick with the updates.  Thanks!

Now Nick I can understand why you have so much stuff since you are now an official NNC chef extraordinaire, but Sacto, man what s up with all the stuff you bring, lol?!  Pillows, bike helmets, warm jackets, and dry food is all we need to put in the TV.

otter

NickLooks like a dull night at the Jeff & Amy house. [:(][:(]
 Every thread has been hit by a REd Barchetta![:o]
 I have some books for ya Jeff.  They pass the time nicely.[:D][:D][:D]

Red neff Barchetta

NickLOL Dianne!
 It is indeed a dull night here.  Kids are asleep and Amy is at work making nice with parents at Back-to-school-night at the HS.  Afterwards all the teachers go to the local bar for a drink, ha.  Only one though since they all have to be back at work in the morning.
 I m actually working too - writing 2 contracts and paying bills - , but have lots of time (obviously) to pummel the boards.

Btw, what s a book?  J/k!
 Lemony Snicket is in town reading from his next book on Monday and we are taking our oldest to meet him.  He loves his books.
 http://www.lemonysnicket.com