News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

Nick called me last minute to offer me an extra site at Pfeiffer State Park in Big Sur that became available when his one of his brothers had to back out.

It was beautiful down there and the Nickoley family hospitality was as warm as the weather.   Ahh, got another beautuful campground under my belt, one of CA. State Park's premium locations.  If you folks ever get the chance to make reservations there (pretty competitive), go for it, it's a remarkable State Park.

We got a River site and the weather was about as perfect as one can ever hope, lots of sunlight filtering through the leaves of the redwoods as they reach for the heavens.  Then we went to Nepenthe, a very cool spot just about 15 minutes south of Pfeiffer where we drank the afternoon away and then watched the sunset in silence and spiritual reverence with about 50 other people and in the end, just when you saw the little sliver of light disappear below the horizon, the place erupted in enthusiastic and appreciative applause.  Maybe we were just celebrating being toasted.

All in all, a great time.  And I am sorry to say that I actually have no stories to tell about Nick since he had no mishaps, which is pretty unusual for him.  Perhaps he is saving it for FALLing Turkeys.

Nick, thanks for a great weekend.  I appreciate the invite and your family's kindness.

Namaste'
Surfcal

6Quigs

Dave,
sorry to hear about the girls,
and hope they recover soon.
luckily for us ER visits have never come in threes,
but have come in two a few times.

Calstate361

Patricia (Cottonwooder), I wondered what happened to you. Oh well sh-- happens.

When we are at Lake Minden we usually park over on the other side of the lake, I think it is Section B or C? Anyway, when we have been there they didn't have much going on and without any kids, we didn't do any of the paddle boat stuff and the miniture golf because Sal's legs wouldn't let him do much of anything except relax around the trailer. Now that his legs are better, maybe we will do more walking, etc. Let us know next time you are in this area and maybe we can camp with you. We will do the same when we come down your way. Glad you had fun. Most of the NACO/TT members consider Lake Minden the "stop over place" going from one resort to the next. Then again, you enjoyed it because you don't know any better. :p No, really, they are all nice, just some nicer than others. AND, it is all what you make it. It could be the worst place on the earth, but as long as you make it fun, that's all that counts.

Again, glad you had a nice time.

Dave (AbDiver),  Sorry to read about your girls.  Hope they are well on their way to recovery.  It's great that kids bounce back so quickly.  Let's hope that the third incident doesn't happen.  Hope all is well.

Joan

P.S. Patricia, did you realize that your signature block is missing?

ckkevin

I installed a Prodigy brake controller on my TV a couple of months ago. :)   I used the mounting bracket for the permanent mount.   I am not using the pocket mount kit that came with it or the pigtail harness.  Click Here to See

Does anyone need a second pocket mount so you can move your prodigy from one vehicle to another.  If so, let me know and I will drop it in the mail for you.

SCCS

Quote from: ckkevinI installed a Prodigy brake controller on my TV a couple of months ago. :)   I used the mounting bracket for the permanent mount.   I am not using the pocket mount kit that came with it or the pigtail harness.

I was just wondering where you mounted it.I had just received the PRODIGY from CAMPING WORLD(got it for a good deal).I mounted my current controller on the left side of the steering wheel ,but tends to get in the way sometimes.

6Quigs

Quote from: ckkevinDoes anyone need a second pocket mount so you can move your prodigy from one vehicle to another.  If so, let me know and I will drop it in the mail for you.

I could do with it.
When we got the new Hybrid, I had to remove the pocket mount bracket and prodigy from the Safari, and mount it in the Silverado.
The wiring is still there in the Safari, so it would be nice to have the bracket.
No rush on it, just keep it in your Trailer, and if we ever attend a rally together, you can give it to me.

Kevin

ckkevin

Quote from: SCCSI was just wondering where you mounted it.I had just received the PRODIGY from CAMPING WORLD(got it for a good deal).I mounted my current controller on the left side of the steering wheel ,but tends to get in the way sometimes.

I mounted my Prodigy on the left side of the steering wheel as well.  They only time it really gets in the way is when someone has moved the seat forward and I try and get in.

ckkevin

Quote from: 6QuigsI could do with it.
. . . No rush on it, just keep it in your Trailer, and if we ever attend a rally together, you can give it to me.

Kevin

I will put your name on it and put it in the trailer.

Kevin

Cottonwooder

Quote from: Calstate361P.S. Patricia, did you realize that your signature block is missing?
Thanks for the heads up.  I thought they would transfer over automatically.  Created a new one.  

Now, if someone can tell me how to post a link here, I'll show you to my Lake Minden photos.  (After clicking the "Insert Link" icon and entering the URL, nothing happens.)

Red neff Barchetta

Where is everyone?!!

I know this new software is strange, but everyone has dropped out of sight.

CWB, Holly, Sacto, on and on and on, ...

SCCS

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaWhere is everyone?!!

I know this new software is strange, but everyone has dropped out of sight.

CWB, Holly, Sacto, on and on and on, ...

I guess I am one of thoughs ON and ON and ON ones.I'm still here, just looking.This last weekend we went to tahoe for my sisters wedding.It snowed all day friday and ended up with 4'' of white stuff,man did the kids love it.Got to go SURVIVOR is on now.

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: SCCSI guess I am one of thoughs ON and ON and ON ones.I'm still here, just looking.This last weekend we went to tahoe for my sisters wedding.It snowed all day friday and ended up with 4'' of white stuff,man did the kids love it.Got to go SURVIVOR is on now.

Scott -
Now I can rest easy knowing you're alright.
If I listed everyone by handle then the list would go on and on and on and on and on and on and on, ...

I bet the new TV was great in the snow!

6Quigs

Quote from: Ca-girlAfter reading this in TOS s post on another thread, I realized that the So/Cal folks are a perfect group to ask the question Kevin and I have been asking each other for months.....

We re planning to surpise the girls next Christmas morning with a packed trailer and tickets to Disneyland (shhhh...don t say anything....it s a SURPRISE).  Anyway, I was wondering if anybody had any clues or tips on where to get tickets to the Park for the best price (I ve heard they are pretty cheap through the military), and if anyone has any good (or particularly BAD) parks to stay (or NOT stay) in while we re there or while we re on the way.  We plan to stop over for one night between here (Sacramento) and there.

I d appreciate the help!!  If you d rather, you can email me directly....I m on the handy-dandy " list"  from Georgeanne. [:D]
Hey Tania,
you posted the above on page 69 of this thread,
havent heard back from you if this is still in your plans.
We are planning a trip to Disneyland the week before Christmas, and then making it to Lake Chachuma the weekend after Christmas.
Still looking for ideas, where to camp around Aneheim

gsm x2

For Disneyland tickets:

My sister works for the Orange County Employees Association, so they get good prices through them.  Just got off the phone with her, if you call her she'll get the tickets for you.  You can either pick them up or she'll mail them to you.

Her phone number is 714-227-8451.  That's her cell phone number, but feel free to call her.  ATT is losing money on her hand-over-fist with their $99.00 unlimited access program.

Can't quote prices because they will change depending on dates.  But this is what is said at the oceamember.org website:

Disneyland
Join in on the fun at the Disneyland Resorts! You can enjoy Disney

Red neff Barchetta

Scott/SCCS -
I just saw that you found the other place.  See you "there"!