News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsm x2

Quote from: 6QuigsHave you seen CWB's Avatar?
can anyone enlighten me on what it is?
It looks like something the dog threw up!!!!

I think it is the dog discharging at both ends simutaneously.

Vomooping I think it's called.

gsm x2

g-whiz

Quote from: 6QuigsHave you seen CWB's Avatar?
can anyone enlighten me on what it is?
It looks like something the dog threw up!!!!
I think it's a dead raccoon.

Civil_War_Buff

Quote from: g-whizI think it's a dead raccoon.

This should help:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/89613640/99981401tFzpqI

Ab Diver

Quote from: Civil_War_BuffThis should help:

Ewwwwh!!! Hey everybody, CWB is serving up kitty-cat casserole! Or is that a feline fricassee?

;)

g-whiz

I think my guess was close!

Kelly

[font="comic sans ms"]It should??
Why didn't it help me? :confused: ;) :D
[/font]

6Quigs

WOW,
CWB really knows how to feed his dog!!!

Red neff Barchetta

It's a bummer that this place has died down like it has.  I'm predicting 2 - 3 day lapses between any NNC posts once the up-coming rally has passed and the next one happens at the end of February, '04.
I guess everything changes.  Just sort of a bummer since this was such a hot-bed of activity for a while there.

Cottonwooder

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaIt's a bummer that this place has died down like it has.
Yes.  Any idea why?  I genuinely would love to know, because I don't understand it either.  I'm still here, but sometimes my posts don't get replies, so I mosey along.

Which leads me to my next question: How many of you are going to renew your board membership in January?  It seems like only a handful are regular posters here now.

gsm x2

Don't know about the rest, but we'll definitely be renewing.

Why do things die down?  Human nature.  Watch a kid at Christmas with his or her favorite toy.  Can't put it down for the first week.  Always around for the first week.  Lots of playing the first month. Time for a new toy after the first year.

We're all just kids at heart and things do change.

But there is a huge difference between diminished participation and demise.

See you next year.

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: CottonwooderYes.  Any idea why?  I genuinely would love to know, because I don't understand it either.  I'm still here, but sometimes my posts don't get replies, so I mosey along.

Which leads me to my next question: How many of you are going to renew your board membership in January?  It seems like only a handful are regular posters here now.
Patricia -
Complete guesses here, but I think it's a combo. of the ever-changing software/forums here (I think there's been 3 versions this year already), this current one not being very eye-catching or user friendly, everyone having busy lives, not many PU related discussions anymore (in General or Mr. Fix It areas), the general silliness (or rabble rousing) and camaraderie of NNC dying down, winter is approaching (although this certainly didn't happen last winter), and of course PUT going to a pay site (which I completely understand why Dave had to do).
Again, those are just some thoughts about the current stale state of things.

As far as membership renewal, I seriously don't mind the $30.00 or whatever.  The chats, fun, and goofiness here are more than worth it, but with only a handful of people checking in anymore, well.  Also, since we have both the NNC and Yahoo sites for keeping in touch and up-to-date regarding rally's and such I think I'll most likely pass and keep a w/e's worth of dry camping site fee's in my pocket.

It's all good.  Like I said earlier, change is always happening and that's the neat thing about life.
One thing I am certain about is how much fun I have camping with everyone here, so I know that won't change.  Unless of course, none of you want to camp with me, lol.

I am just as much a part of this as anyone.  Hopefully my work is about to explode to a new level as I'm trying a few new things.  My free time to bs should diminish quite a bit if all goes as planned.  All in the never ending quest to have unlimited free time later in life (hopefully sooner than later).

Glad you had a great time camping this w/e!

Surfcal

Quote from: gsm x2Don't know about the rest, but we'll definitely be renewing.

Why do things die down?  Human nature.  Watch a kid at Christmas with his or her favorite toy.  Can't put it down for the first week.  Always around for the first week.  Lots of playing the first month. Time for a new toy after the first year.

We're all just kids at heart and things do change.

But there is a huge difference between diminished participation and demise.

See you next year.

gsm x2

Hello Scott:

I too will be here.  It's nice to be able to check out the site and when we need to organize a rally, it's a great place to do that.  Met a lot of great folks on here, about $ 30 worth.  Ha.

See you here next year too.

Surfcal

Cottonwooder

Surf, what good timing!  I've been going through ancient posts about the formation of SCCampers, and found a gem from you (copied below).  Hmm, have had several "dainty" rallies and still no Surf Sighting.  Oh, must be because you're "banished."  ;)
 05-21-2003, 08:51 AM
 RE: Its official!     Post #19
 Surfcal

Otter, since they won t have us join them, we ll just have to crash one of their rallies, arrive at 3:00 am one morning and strike fear in their hearts, then mess with their neat little SoCal site arrangements with claim jumping, spike their Perriers with Nick s Beer, sink their dainty little Sushi boats with a slab of gnarly tri-tip and sit high up on a tree in protest.

Cottonwooder

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaUnless of course, none of you want to camp with me, lol.
Oh heavens, what a thought!  We need a couple more meet-in-the-middle rallies each year.

BTW, how'd you know I went camping this weekend?  If you're reading the SCC boards, heck, feel free to post there too!

Ca-girl

Quote from: SurfcalHello Scott:

I too will be here. It's nice to be able to check out the site and when we need to organize a rally, it's a great place to do that. Met a lot of great folks on here, about $ 30 worth. Ha.

See you here next year too.

Surfcal
Well, even though I was a latecomer by comparison, I definitely get $30 worth of giggles (or should I say ha-ha's) out of this group...even with the new site! So....I'm IN!

Tania