News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Looks like Patricia & I lit a fire which in turn will generate more posts.  Whatever it takes.
I guess I'm like the mother hen is all.  It'd be nice to have people check in once in a while as it's nice to have everyone accounted for.  I need Mrs. Weasley's clock from Harry Potter.  Except mine would let me know if all NNC'ers are alright.

"I'm in with the in-crowd"

LOL! and HA! (make that HA-HA)

Red neff Barchetta

Oh and Tania, nobody is a late-comer here.  All you need to do is jump in and join the party which you and your awesome family have done.
The latest example is Zymomyz.  Already RR'ing before they even get to a rally.

Ab Diver

QuoteLooks like Patricia & I lit a fire which in turn will generate more posts. Whatever it takes.

Whatever it takes....

Speaking of taking things, I need to take all my stuff but use less gas doing it. My one-ton truck is too thristy. Now that I've upped the cargo capacity of my Bayside with those stronger leaf springs so it's more in line with the 2004 Highlander series, I can put more stuff in/on the trailer.  Gunna get me a minivan to tow it. Any thoughts?

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: Ab DiverWhatever it takes....

Speaking of taking things, I need to take all my stuff but use less gas doing it. My one-ton truck is too thristy. Now that I've upped the cargo capacity of my Bayside with those stronger leaf springs so it's more in line with the 2004 Highlander series, I can put more stuff in/on the trailer.  Gunna get me a minivan to tow it. Any thoughts?
Now that one is sure to get replies Dave.   :)    :D

Nick

Speaking of taking things, I need to take all my stuff but use less gas doing it. My one-ton truck is too thristy. Now that I've upped the cargo capacity of my Bayside with those stronger leaf springs so it's more in line with the 2004 Highlander series, I can put more stuff in/on the trailer. Gunna get me a minivan to tow it. Any thoughts?
Dave,
Iv'e heard some good things about the new Ford Freestar. Here's a link to the spec's.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/Cars/freestar/features/specs/

Also,
I am going to renew next year.  I figure you get the mag along with the Arvee membership so might as well.

g-whiz

Quote from: Ca-girlWell, even though I was a latecomer by comparison, I definitely get $30 worth of giggles (or should I say ha-ha's) out of this group...even with the new site! So....I'm IN!

Tania
I'm a tag-a-long, so to speak, since I get in on GSM x2's dime.  But, even if I had to get my own separate account, you can bet I'd be here!  

When it's good, it's great; when it's not so good, hey, it's still good! -- G-Whiz

champ521

Gunna get me a minivan to tow it. Any thoughts?

I got a thought. I didn't think that you were the minivan type. I always pictured someone like Sacto or Tow Rod being the minivan type. Even Quigs sacked up and got rid of his.  :D Besides, with everything you're hualing you would have to get a full size 15 passenger van. And that would defeat the purpose, right?

SactoCampers

Hey folks, sorry I haven't been around as much as I used to. Workload has picked up and taken up a lot of my time. When I get home, I just don't have the time to post on the board. I pop in here and there when I can. I don't know if I'll be able to update the website for this upcoming rally, so hopefully Nick can pick up those duties this time (?). Great to hear about little Hunter taking his first steps.

In case you haven't read, we have to bow out of the Pismo rally because Mrs. Sacto is pregnant(!) and her due date is.....June 24th!

I will be here when the membership expires, no doubt about that. Hopefully with the free magazine subscription with Arvee membership activity will pick up. If not, that's fine with me too.

I have upgraded my netzero account to their hi-speed product...kind of a pseudo hi-speed connection. Seems to be working real well compared to their standard dial-up service though, and only $14.95/month. JPEG image quality suffers somewhat, but not too bad, and you can select full image quality on any picture you want and the settings are adjustable. I'm much happier surfing at home, now. It used to drag big time.

SactoCampers

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaOh and Tania, nobody is a late-comer here. All you need to do is jump in and join the party which you and your awesome family have done.
The latest example is Zymomyz. Already RR'ing before they even get to a rally.
Is this the guy who bought the last known Sun Valley? Where are his posts? I don't see him as a member. Hasn't posted at Yahoo NNC, either. Good to see a new person interested, though.:)  Wait 'till Surfcal hazes him.

Cottonwooder

Quote from: SactoCampersIn case you haven't read, we have to bow out of the Pismo rally because Mrs. Sacto is pregnant(!) and her due date is.....June 24th!
No, hadn't read that anywhere else.  CONGRATS!  Here's hoping this first trimester isn't too nauseating.  Sending lots of sleep vibes her way!

SactoCampers

Quote from: CottonwooderNo, hadn't read that anywhere else. CONGRATS! Here's hoping this first trimester isn't too nauseating. Sending lots of sleep vibes her way!
Thanks Patricia! I'm home from work today because Sactotoddler was vomiting this morning and Mrs. Sacto's nausea is worse this time around than the first, so she wanted me home to help.

You probably hadn't read it because I just posted it over in the 2004 Western Rally forum. ;)

Cottonwooder

Oh, Sacto, not that simply driving through on the 5 amounts to much "sightseeing," but FWIW Sacramento looks lovely from the freeway.  I expected it to be a bigger, more populated, ugly city, but it looks like the total opposite.  Such a breath of fresh air compared to driving through Los Angeles!

BTW, what's up with the Channel 10 news in your area?  Are they in cahoots with the newspaper?  In seemingly every other story, they not only mention  the "Sacramento Bee", but keep showing the masthead.  I've never before seen TV news so tied in with a newspaper.

Nick

Quote from: SactoCampersHey folks, sorry I haven't been around as much as I used to. Workload has picked up and taken up a lot of my time. When I get home, I just don't have the time to post on the board. I pop in here and there when I can. I don't know if I'll be able to update the website for this upcoming rally, so hopefully Nick can pick up those duties this time (?). Great to hear about little Hunter taking his first steps.

In case you haven't read, we have to bow out of the Pismo rally because Mrs. Sacto is pregnant(!) and her due date is.....June 24th!

I will be here when the membership expires, no doubt about that. Hopefully with the free magazine subscription with Arvee membership activity will pick up. If not, that's fine with me too.

I have upgraded my netzero account to their hi-speed product...kind of a pseudo hi-speed connection. Seems to be working real well compared to their standard dial-up service though, and only $14.95/month. JPEG image quality suffers somewhat, but not too bad, and you can select full image quality on any picture you want and the settings are adjustable. I'm much happier surfing at home, now. It used to drag big time.
Hey Sacto,
Congrats to you and Mrs. Sacto.  Guess thats a good reason for pulling a Sacto.:)

No problem on the site update.

Calstate361

CONGRATS MR & MRS SACTO!

Now all she has to do is have that baby when she is supposed to and then you can come to Half Dome Hyjinks II!  No, really, hope everything goes well and she doesn't get sick to much.  Sactoddler needs a paymate anyway.  Again, congrats to both of you.

Joan

OC Campers

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Sacto.  Another Sactobaby.  Hope Jennifer feels better soon.  It is so hard chasing a toddler when you are feeling so rotten.

Jacqui