News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6Quigs

Quote from: gsm x2Georgeanne has heard enough, but I still have to tell someone.

I love my new avatar.

And if anyone is interested, you can see what it is about at:

//www.avenuecable.com/~scott423/weblog/

gsm x2
Saw both of your new avatar's, and love them both.
But thought, Is that the best Scott could do.
It's not even like his camera.

Well, congratulations on the new camera Scott.
We know you will use it well,
documenting all the Rallies you attend.
It's still not to late to call in sick,
and still make the Rally this weekend at Casini,
and show off your new camera

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: gsm x2Georgeanne has heard enough, but I still have to tell someone.

I love my new avatar.

And if anyone is interested, you can see what it is about at:

//www.avenuecable.com/~scott423/weblog/

gsm x2
Nice work Scott!
You are really becoming a pro.!
Gonna give Scott/TMM a run for his money.

Red neff Barchetta

Well, the registration bill for the TV arrived last Thursday so I waited to see what the Terminator would do this Monday.
After I deducted 2/3 off of the VLF line of my bill I saved $341.33!  I paid $243.67 (first time I ever remember sending the DMV cents btw) instead of $585.00.  A savings of just over 58%.

Now we'll see where he raises taxes to make up for the $4,000,000,000.00 (yes, billion) he just removed to uphold his campaign promise.  Probably cost me more than $341.33, lol!

Just found this interesting is all.

Cottonwooder

I got to play with the camera a bit.  It's great!  Love those focusing spots!

Red neff Barchetta

Hi Patricia!

Are you following me?   :D
Do I have a rip in the seat of my pants?

Cottonwooder

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaHi Patricia!
 Are you following me?   :D
 Do I have a rip in the seat of my pants?
Yes and yes! ;)

Actually, I've been offline for most of the day and am catching up on boards now, and since you're the most frequent poster/have the most recent posts here, yes, it's you that I'm right behind.  When I'm done here at NNC, I'll skip over to see if SCC has had any posts since mine.

Ab Diver

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaWell, the registration bill for the TV arrived last Thursday so I waited to see what the Terminator would do this Monday.
After I deducted 2/3 off of the VLF line of my bill I saved $341.33! I paid $243.67 (first time I ever remember sending the DMV cents btw) instead of $585.00. A savings of just over 58%.

Now we'll see where he raises taxes to make up for the $4,000,000,000.00 (yes, billion) he just removed to uphold his campaign promise. Probably cost me more than $341.33, lol!

Just found this interesting is all.
I caught a qwip on the news where the head of the DMZ, er--- DMV, sez to "just send in the full amount and we'll refund you the balance, so you don't get into trouble" or something like that. Yeah, right... after they hold on to the full amount for a year to collect interest on it. Funny, I haven't heard anything about the state cutting paychecks to elected officials to help defray the high cost of government. Ok, sure, I'm a diver... but I ain't holding my breath for that one.

Calstate361

Quote from: Ab DiverFunny, I haven't heard anything about the state cutting paychecks to elected officials to help defray the high cost of government. Ok, sure, I'm a diver... but I ain't holding my breath for that one.
Mr. Swartzie did say in his first press conference that he will not be taking a salary, it will go back into the General Fund. It would give me the "BIG ONE" if any of the other Legislators give up some of their salary. Having worked for the State for 32 years, it would be a first. Although some Legislatores did give back 5% (WOW!) of their salary last year. Don't know if that is still in effect. I guess we will all just have to wait and see.

The only paychecks they seem to cut are the State Employees checks. I have already lost 5% plus one day of pay each month. I can't afford much more, as I'm sure a lot of other State Employees can't either. It just strikes me funny every time the State gets into this situation, they try to balance the budget on the Employee's backs when Employee salaries are only 1% of the total state budget!

BTW, did you get the Brine Recipe from the Recipe Forum? It's posted there.

Joan

OC Campers

I have been trying to pull up the Nick Neff Cough website and I keep getting an error message that the page  cannot be displayed.  Is it under construction? or is it my computer?

Jacqui

ckkevin

Quote from: OC CampersI have been trying to pull up the Nick Neff Cough website and I keep getting an error message that the page  cannot be displayed.  Is it under construction? or is it my computer?

Jacqui

Hmmmm,  I tried and received the same error page.  Who took our website :confused:

6Quigs

Quote from: OC CampersI have been trying to pull up the Nick Neff Cough website and I keep getting an error message that the page  cannot be displayed.  Is it under construction? or is it my computer?

Jacqui
I just tried,
and had no problems.
However, I had plenty of problems this morning,
and a few web sites I tried, were unavailable,
But everything is working fine.
for right now.

Ab Diver

Quote from: Calstate361BTW, did you get the Brine Recipe from the Recipe Forum? It's posted there.

Joan
Yes, I did. Thank you. I think I'll try that with some salmon at home, first. I'm kinda sceered of trying new stuff for a crowd of hungry campers at a rally. They might find a new use for all that extra rope Ray wuz talking about. ;)

I'm very, very glad that Sal is feeling better. My hat is off to him. (and cudos to you as well, my dear! ) Sal must feel like he is walking on air.  Pity you guys couldn't make it to this weekend rally, but we'll see you at Olema, even if I have to crawl there. I *can't* miss the same rally twice in a row so close to home.

Ok, gotta go help my little one watch "Finding Nemo". Since she's not feeling well, she needs a Daddy's arm to rest on. So we'll watch together, and maybe climb Mount Wannahawkaloogy together. Hehehehe...that's just fun to say, three times fast.

But then again, so is saying "Sharkbait, ooh-ha-ha!"  :D

Kelly

Quote from: Ab DiverOk, gotta go help my little one watch "Finding Nemo". Since she's not feeling well, she needs a Daddy's arm to rest on. So we'll watch together, and maybe climb Mount Wannahawkaloogy together. Hehehehe...that's just fun to say, three times fast.

But then again, so is saying "Sharkbait, ooh-ha-ha!" :D

INTERVENTION!!  

;) sorry ~ that's my favorite line ;)

OC Campers

Quote from: 6QuigsI just tried,
and had no problems.
However, I had plenty of problems this morning,
and a few web sites I tried, were unavailable,
But everything is working fine.
for right now.
Thanks Kevin, I will give it a try again.

Jacqui

OC Campers

Nope, NNC website still isn't working.  It is still coming up the page cannot be displayed.:(

Jacqui