News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottonwooder

Quote from: Ab DiverSince she's not feeling well, she needs a Daddy's arm to rest on.
What a great Dad! :)

Ab Diver

Quote from: CottonwooderWhat a great Dad! :)
Ah, gee... (blushes, head down, rubs toe of boot in dirt)

Thanks, Patricia. But it's just part and parcel of the whole daddy gig, ya know? Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Kelly--  hehehehe. Yeah, that was a good line. But I still think Crush deserves his own show. Something along the lines of Teenage Surfer Ninja Seaturtles... Hardshell Heroes with a Heart, fighting ocean crime while riding the endless summer current in search of that perfect wave. Hmmm... think it'll float?

Hey, y'all hold the fort down for us this weekend, 'kay? We'll see ya after the rally. Hope everyone that's fighting *the bug* gets well soon.

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: 6QuigsI just tried,
and had no problems.
However, I had plenty of problems this morning,
and a few web sites I tried, were unavailable,
But everything is working fine.
for right now.
The above post was #2,500 in this thread!!
Congrat's Kevin!!!!  Whoohoo!!  What an accomplishment.  Your life is now complete.

Man we sure bs alot around here!   :D

Red neff Barchetta

Just like when I had to wait to open my BAL chock for my birthday as it sat here in the house for a 2 weeks I will have to wait for a month to open my BAL Leveler for Christmas!
I'm picking it up at the Camping World store in Fairfield this Wednesday on my way to Sacramento.  She made me swear not to open it.  Not even one corner of the box.
She sure knows how to torture me!!

Surfcal

I don't know Jeff.  If I were you, I wouldn't wait.  BAL Levelers are sooo much fun, I wouldn't let another minute go by without playing around with it.  If Amy is not letting you play with it, that is evil.  You deserve to play around with it.

Surfcal

Cottonwooder

My goodness, I posted a question on the "New Board" here at PUT to ask how to insert a clickable link in posts, which led me to read through a few threads in the General and Campfire areas.  Holy guacamole, did you all know that they've been fighting 'n' feuding over there?  People leaving, storming off in a huff, etc.  Or perhaps that should be "fluff," a term I'd never even heard of until reading through there half an hour ago.  Still not quite sure what it is, but it sounds like NNC wouldn't have survived without it! :D

OC Campers

Quote from: CottonwooderMy goodness, I posted a question on the "New Board" here at PUT to ask how to insert a clickable link in posts, which led me to read through a few threads in the General and Campfire areas. Holy guacamole, did you all know that they've been fighting 'n' feuding over there? People leaving, storming off in a huff, etc. Or perhaps that should be "fluff," a term I'd never even heard of until reading through there half an hour ago. Still not quite sure what it is, but it sounds like NNC wouldn't have survived without it! :D
It is almost like "board suicide".  You should of seen the stuff said before it was deleted.:eek:   That is what I get for trying to read another forum.  I think I will stay with the Club and Rally Forums only.  

Jacqui

Red neff Barchetta

Ray -
She'd know.  She aallwwaayyss knows!!

Jacqui & Patricia -
I'm with you 2.  I come straight to the camping area now.  The rest of this site is too weird.  Pretty sad.

gsm x2

Quote from: SurfcalI don't know Jeff.  If I were you, I wouldn't wait.  BAL Levelers are sooo much fun, I wouldn't let another minute go by without playing around with it.  If Amy is not letting you play with it, that is evil.  You deserve to play around with it.

Surfcal

Jeff,

In the interest of science (and make sure you use those exact words when you explain it to Amy) I believe you should experiment to see if the Bal Leveler can lift the side of your bed high enough to displace Amy's center of gravity sufficiently out of her body so that the force of gravity overcomes inertia in such a manner that she'll rotate in a horizontal position over a vertical plane until she plummets to a new surface that is perpendicular to the earth's gravitational pull so that she comes to rest in a stationary, but certainly un-rested position.  Then to test and retest the theory that the incline is inclined to work on all bodies situated in a similar position, you and the boys can join in the fun.

Just remember, this was all done "in the interest of science."  I can't stress the importance of that point enough.

gsm x2

gsm x2

Quote from: CottonwooderMy goodness, I posted a question on the "New Board" here at PUT to ask how to insert a clickable link in posts, which led me to read through a few threads in the General and Campfire areas.  Holy guacamole, did you all know that they've been fighting 'n' feuding over there?  People leaving, storming off in a huff, etc.  Or perhaps that should be "fluff," a term I'd never even heard of until reading through there half an hour ago.  Still not quite sure what it is, but it sounds like NNC wouldn't have survived without it! :D

I was reading those posts the other day and these thoughts rolled through my head.

• Thank goodness NNC and SCC is tolerant of "fluff".
  • Of the 2,500 posts in NCC, what percentage are "fluff"?
  • Don't these people who are complaining about "fluff" realize that all of their complaints are "fluff".

Oh well...that's why there are different communities.  Let each seek the place they are happy.  I am happy here.

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: gsm x2Jeff,

In the interest of science (and make sure you use those exact words when you explain it to Amy) I believe you should experiment to see if the Bal Leveler can lift the side of your bed high enough to displace Amy's center of gravity sufficiently out of her body so that the force of gravity overcomes inertia in such a manner that she'll rotate in a horizontal position over a vertical plane until she plummets to a new surface that is perpendicular to the earth's gravitational pull so that she comes to rest in a stationary, but certainly un-rested position.  Then to test and retest the theory that the incline is inclined to work on all bodies situated in a similar position, you and the boys can join in the fun.

Just remember, this was all done "in the interest of science."  I can't stress the importance of that point enough.

gsm x2
Scott -
Once again your brilliance is showing!!  I dare say it is quite impressive too!
I will print this up and memorize it and then present it to her when she arrives home from work while science is at the forefront of her thoughts.

gsm x2

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaScott -
Once again your brilliance is showing!!  I dare say it is quite impressive too!
I will print this up and memorize it and then present it to her when she arrives home from work while science is at the forefront of her thoughts.

Oh yea, that's probably better than "first thing in the morning" which is what I was thinking.  You've probably never been woken up with a rousing chorus of "Roll Out the Barrel" which is a tradition on my-side-of-the-family.  Which is to say it hasn't carried over to the gsmx2 family.

However you can ask Georgeanne about "flying bedsheets" an almost as annoying means of declaring, "time to get up."

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta

Zymomyz -
You were asking me about my fridge (1.9 cubic foot model) rack mod. so a gallon of milk can stand upright.
Here it is (Thanks to Chasd60!);
http://userpages.prexar.com/chasd/frigerack.html

Red neff Barchetta

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!
I'll be back next week sometime.

Cottonwooder

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaThe rest of this site is too weird.  Pretty sad.

Part of what I read was questions about the future of PUT, and if it's even feasible for these boards to continue, etc.  With so fewer posts/members -- which we've experienced even within NNC -- I truly wonder if we'll be sitting around this cybercampfire a year from now.