News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SactoCampers

Quote from: CottonwooderOh, Sacto, not that simply driving through on the 5 amounts to much "sightseeing," but FWIW Sacramento looks lovely from the freeway. I expected it to be a bigger, more populated, ugly city, but it looks like the total opposite. Such a breath of fresh air compared to driving through Los Angeles!

BTW, what's up with the Channel 10 news in your area? Are they in cahoots with the newspaper? In seemingly every other story, they not only mention the "Sacramento Bee", but keep showing the masthead. I've never before seen TV news so tied in with a newspaper.

You know, I've never really noticed that, probably because I watch KCRA 3. Mark Finan gives a pretty good weather report. I don't like Channel 10's Elissa Lynn. Never trust a weatherperson who tries to give you a 7-day forecast.

Red neff Barchetta

Brian & Jennifer -
Congratulations!!   :)  :)
That is terrific news!  Can't wait to meet BabySacto II.
Nice to see you posting, but understand your busy life right now.

Yes, Zymomyz has the last Sun Valley to roll off the assembly line.  You'll find his posts in the November rally thread.

Dave -
I bought another Ford E250 cargo van 2 weeks ago.  If the 4 of you can fit in the 2 seats it just might work for you and all of your gear.   :D
Speaking of that van, the dealer brought it up from a lot in Richmond and had it on his lot a whole 2 hrs..  The factory paperwork was still on the passenger seat when I arrived to look at it.  Which I did before I went in to his office.
He, he, I saw the price they paid the Richmond dealer for it and now had a bargaining tool.  Got it for a great price and it only had 63 miles and the contractors shelving, cabinets, and cage door behind the seats already installed.  It's a 2003, but can be counted as a new vehicle on my taxes since it's never been owned by a private party.  Things went well for me that day to say the least!

Surfcal

Glad to hear of the good news.  Toddler Sacto will have company.

Now that you mention it, that's true, you haven't been posting.  Now that you are back in, why don't you start with answers regarding your forte', touting minivans.  AbDiver is in the market.

Seriously, that is good news bro.  And the next time we rally together, we'll have some beers together.

Give my regards to Jen.

Surfcal

gsm x2

Brian and Jennifer---so will SactoToddler be promoted to SactoWalker with the advent of SactoAlmostCanRollover?

Congrats.

gsm x2

SactoCampers

Quote from: SurfcalGlad to hear of the good news. Toddler Sacto will have company.

Now that you mention it, that's true, you haven't been posting. Now that you are back in, why don't you start with answers regarding your forte', touting minivans. AbDiver is in the market.

Seriously, that is good news bro. And the next time we rally together, we'll have some beers together.

Give my regards to Jen.

Surfcal
Ray,

Ab Diver's just rabble rousing me. He knows darn well that hooking anything up to a minivan is like jumping out of an airplane without a parachute.

Kelly

Quote from: gsm x2Brian and Jennifer---so will SactoToddler be promoted to SactoWalker with the advent of SactoAlmostCanRollover?

Congrats.

gsm x2
Too long away from Little People, Scott. It's gonna be SactoRunner and SactoAlmostCanRolloverAndPullSactoSister'sHair!

Congratulations and best wishes to all the SactoFamily!!

HEY!!  Look ~ I got to flip one!
(I'm not in trouble, am I??) :confused:

SCCS

Quote from: Ab DiverI can put more stuff in/on the trailer.  Gunna get me a minivan to tow it. Any thoughts?

Dave, I can't see you as a minivan person.I see you as a BIG CAT DIESEL MOTOR,THREE AXLE,10 WHEEL,ALLISON TRANSMISSION,kind of guy.Just kidding.

Red neff Barchetta

How's this for coincidence;

Back in HS when I was learning really important things such as how to play the beer chugging dice game of "mexicali" (after we would get bored of "quarters") we would yell out "Ronnie Lott" when a 42 was rolled.
Well, here's the weird part -
Tonight during halftime of the Monday night game they are retiring some guys jersey.
Get this, his name is Ronnie Lott!
Weird huh?

SactoCampers

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaHow's this for coincidence;

Back in HS when I was learning really important things such as how to play the beer chugging dice game of "mexicali"
THAT's what it was called! I knew I was forgetting one of those games.

Don't forget about "3 Man" & "Anchor Man".

RTurner

Hey Jeff/Neff,

Guess you are right about the activity on the board.  I think that the weather change and upcoming holidays have people distracted.  Don't give up on us quiet folks yet!!!!!!!

The Turner (adults) headed out to Petaluma last Saturday night for the Y & T Concert at Mystic Theater.  Great show, took lots of pictures, drank lots of beer and acted like a teenager.

Georganne and Rita would have been proud of me-I was a really HAHA Sister- like ha ha you drank too much!!!!

Red neff Barchetta

Rojana -
Glad you enjoyed the show!  I thought of you as I heard "Barroom Boogie" on the radio last Friday.
Any news on a release date for Dave Meneketti's (sp.?) solo instrumental album?

RTurner

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaRojana -
Glad you enjoyed the show!  I thought of you as I heard "Barroom Boogie" on the radio last Friday.
Any news on a release date for Dave Meneketti's (sp.?) solo instrumental album?

He has his two solo CD's on the web site AND a NEW Y & T CD is coming out in two weeks-yes I already preordered it.  I have both of the solo CD's and I listen to them all the time.  Great rock/bluesy (not too wild) to listen to at work.  A friend who got to preview the new CD says it has songs that should have come out a long time ago.

At the show Dave's wife does the tshirt sales and she is so nice, no snotty people there, friendly and approachable.  Not like the new bands.

Check out the web site (a guy close by in Fairfield hosts the site)-there are some samples of Dave's solo tracks and links to great info and photos.  //www.meniketti.com.

I am so bummed that we can't go this weekend-I keep following the posts and wishing-BUT family stuff Sat. and DH is wrapping up at his job and going to work at a new company in a few weeks so things are really up in the air around here.

Hey-are you bringing a helmet out to Pismo in June-DH has two vroom-vrooms (as little Em says) so he'll want some adult male to ride like an idiot, oops I mean fast, with him.  I just putt putt around. Shhhh-we will rent them out to everyone else. :J  ;) ;)

g-whiz

Quote from: RTurnerHey Jeff/Neff,

Guess you are right about the activity on the board. I think that the weather change and upcoming holidays have people distracted. Don't give up on us quiet folks yet!!!!!!!

The Turner (adults) headed out to Petaluma last Saturday night for the Y & T Concert at Mystic Theater. Great show, took lots of pictures, drank lots of beer and acted like a teenager.

Georganne and Rita would have been proud of me-I was a really HAHA Sister- like ha ha you drank too much!!!!
Way to go Rojana!  We are proud!!  BTW, no HaHa Sister ever drinks too much.  I think it's more like we drink too long.  ;) :J

Ab Diver

Quote from: SactoCampersRay,

Ab Diver's just rabble rousing me. He knows darn well that hooking anything up to a minivan is like jumping out of an airplane without a parachute.
Curses, foiled again! Can't slip nothing past you, can I?  (But, I *did* manage to get him to post something. hehehehehe...)

BTW, I *am* a turbo diesel, 6 speed  kind of guy. Methinks the perfect family tow rig is an F-450. Someday, if we ever move up/over/around to a large fifth-wheel, I wouldn't consider anything less as an acceptable tow rig.

Now, anybody seen my parachute? Our Astro (wife's rig) has a class I hitch on the back, and I need to tow a couple feather-pillows home from the store with my utility trailer.

gsm x2

Georgeanne has heard enough, but I still have to tell someone.

I love my new avatar.

And if anyone is interested, you can see what it is about at:

//www.avenuecable.com/~scott423/weblog/

gsm x2