News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly

Quote from: SurfcalWell Kelly,

I am not really privy to the controversies over at the General Forum or Campfire, but I hear there's been hurt feeling regarding Fluff. Here, we're even worse, our Rabble Rousing would have sent people scurrying away months ago.

So if you want to Fluff it up, come on in and keep it going.

Surfcal
Can't say I'm totally privy, but I have a good idea of what's going on ... have to agree with your ability to send folks scurrying.  Ain't you glad I'm such a tuff chick? ;)

Not so sure I'll be able to keep up with you all, though!!  Your minds work fast and you leave me in the snow .... (it's MN, remember?)

Ab Diver

Quote from: KellyNot so sure I'll be able to keep up with you all, though!! Your minds work fast and you leave me in the snow .... (it's MN, remember?)
What... you saying we've been giving you a snow job?

Kelly

Quote from: Ab DiverWhat... you saying we've been giving you a snow job?
Dave, Dave, Dave ~

You know I would never SAY anything of the sort.  I'm trying to say my brain slows down a bit when it gets cold!  (btw ~ almost posted as Guest ... AGAIN :mad:  LOL)

I'm trying real hard to stay on your good side here ~ Pismo Beach in June sounds real good.  Hate to get there and not have a place to stay!! ;)

Surfcal

Ab Diver...

I bought a turkey fryer.  After tasting the turkeys cooked that way during our feast, it's like you can't go back.

I ordered it from Target as 6Quigs had recommended.  This way, no matter who goes or doesn't go, there's a good chance that someone from Nick-Neff-Cough will have a turkey fryer.  I know Nick or Sammyslave will be compelled to get one.

And, it's not just turkey you can cook in there, even huge chunks of meat, oysters, tofurkey, mountain lions and pieces of furniture.  Yes, it's a new NNC tradition, a fried turkey per rally.

Surfcal

P.S.  Kelly, just keep checking in and contributing.  We like having you around and don't go scampering away just because of Rabble Rousing.  If it weren't for RRing, this group would have been bored and not as tightly knitted.  Who knows, we might come out with another videotape of our shenanigans.

Ab Diver

Hope everybody's T-Day was fun, safe, and filled with family love.

Heard from a friend that *they* (whoever the heck "they" are) were expecting the most accident-prone activity of the holiday to be deep-frying a turkey. Just the thought causes me to cringe. I can certainly understand the danger, but can attest that given a certain amount of common sense and sober adult supervision, even serving such a dish to a group filled with children is no more dangerous than frying bacon. In other words, treat a pot full of hot oil with all the respect it deserves, keep a clear work area around the cooker, and keep children, pets, and Budweiser-blasted Uncle Billy-Bob the h*ll away.

BTW... the new pup is growing like a weed and quickly tying itself up with our heartstrings. Crate training has commenced, and hurts both our feelings, but she's gotta learn to accept it so she can travel with us on camping trips. Looks like we'll be giving all the other NNC camp mascots another team player for the Canine Olympics at the rallies.

Ab Diver--- who thinks a certain amount of "fluff" is not only a good thing, but necessary to keep things comfortable. After all, I fluff my pillow every night.

Ab Diver

Kelly-- don't worry about Pismo. You'll have a place to stay, even if I have to sleep outside on the ground to give you a spot on a pop-up bunk.

Ray-- so you've joined the ranks. Cool. Just imagine how many of Ralph's fries we can make at the same time now. But the deep-fried furniture aspect... I gotta admit I hadn't even considered the possibilities..... Fruitwoods sound the most appealing.

Anyone for a slice of deep-fried Pecan Pie-safe? ;)

Surfcal

Okay, just to get you folks going, which one was more stuffed, you or the turkey?

Surfcal

Kelly

Quote from: SurfcalOkay, just to get you folks going, which one was more stuffed, you or the turkey?

Surfcal
Oh, that is an easy one ....

ME!

Cottonwooder

Why, oh why, were you folks posting this morning?  Were you not part of the insanity that hit the stores before the sun came up?  :eek:

This year I didn't set my alarm for 6am, and only got up when I got up and left the house whenever I felt like leaving the house.  Still made a killing, have just hidden Christmas presents away from the girls, and am ready to head back out again!  :D

Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving!

Dave, now that Max (a SCCamper-er) is half grown, ______ (name?) is now our newest NCC pup.  Can't wait to see him/her!

Ab Diver

QUOTE]Dave, now that Max (a SCCamper-er) is half grown, ______ (name?) is now our newest NCC pup. Can't wait to see him/her![/QUOTE]

Her. Was "Abby", but the girls decided at the last moment to *officially* name her "Tawny". It fits... that's her color. She's a pound pup-- supposedly half lab, half boxer. Full of spunk, and the family cats are walking around on pins and needles. Funniest moment yet: Stormy, the black cat, was looking at the rain outside the sliding glass door, trying to decide if it was worth asking to go outside. She turned around only to find the pup had walked up behind her and was sniffing her butt. The look of revulsion on that cat's face was priceless. She instantaneously exploded in a screaming flash of fur and spittle, swatted the pup on the nose, and *boinged* straight up into the air, landing on a lamp cabinet, where she sat growling and grumbling about the state of the world in general (and butt-sniffing puppies in particular) for over 10 minutes. Tawny thought that was kinda fun, and wanted Stormy to come down and play some more, so she was bounding and bouncing around directly under the cat as only an uncoordinated 7-week-old puppy can, trying to entice Stormy back down. I was laughing so hard I almost fell out of my recliner.

After I wiped the tears from my ears, I removed the pup from the cat's air space. I figured if Tawny played with matches any longer she was gunna get burned, big time.

Ca-girl

That's why get get those puppies Dave...everyone needs a little unexpected comic relief in their evening!

B.T.W.  I like the name...

TANIa :D

Cottonwooder

I like the name "Tawny".   :)   But tell Stormy that I'm on her side.  Puppies have no dignity!

I went out twice after my prior post, and again tomorrow.  Love these post-Thanksgiving sales!

otter

Dave, Tawny sounds adorable.  Don't you just love these cat dog interactions?
Angle drives me to tears at least once a day, but she offers up innumerable occasions to laugh.  One of the grandgirls and I went to a second hand store and found several stuffed animals for the dogs to play with..the 18 inch Banana is our favorite!
Tonia, I spent the afternoon loooking for the train gizmo.. No luck at KayB toys or Toys R us.  I'll check camper world next.  I loved that thing and we' play train more often if we had  all the rules and all the fun.
Maybe I should sick Cottonwooder on it, she's the shopper!!!!
hugs

Red neff Barchetta

Hey all -
Just returned from Roseville.
Hope everyone had a terrfific Thanksgiving!

Dave - I love the SpongeCough song!!  I'll have to teach CWB that version.

Listened to "The concert for George" (Harrison that is) on the way home tonight on 96.9 out of Sac..  Might just have to get that cd.  What a great song writer he was.  He didn't write it, but some of the Python crew did "The Lumberjack Song" that night at the show.  Excellent!

Red neff Barchetta

Ok everyone.  I need to level with you all, but stop me if I start to get chocked up;
I am the proud new owner of a BAL Leveler ($45.00 right now at Camping World!).
So I no longer need my Chock-N-Stop.
If any NNC'ers who use Lynx leveling blocks want a Lynx "Stop-N-Chock"
http://www.lynxlevelers.com/new.html
just say the word and it's all yours at the next rally we attend together.
All I ask for is (what else?) a 6-pack of SNPA.
This thing works really well and even has a PUT sticker on it!  I bought it from the PUT store last year right after the Del Valle rally.