News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otter

BTW, Dianne, good to have you back.  I was asking about you several pages back here.  Will go shopping for you anytime! :)[/QUOTE]

I have the use of the computer only when I am in Menlo Park, so I have been able to keep up with the boards.  Too much passes thru when I miss several days in a row.  
It is good to back in touch a bit tho.  I will be in Santa Cruz most of this week so you won't be seeing me here.  Lon gets home from Spain next weekend and with him comes the laptop so I will "plugged In" more.  
hugs

otter

AB iver:  thanks for getting me on track again!!  
Tawny sounds soo cute!  
Re: crating.  Angel is the first dog we ever crated and it is fantasic.  It took a few night so whining on and off and she would much rather sleep on the bed, a habit she got intowhile camping, but she goes in her crate andsleeps all night.  I never have to worry about where she is and what she is chewing.  She never soils it either.  I understand there is atrick to having the right size crate.  If it is too big they will soil in one iend and sleep in the other.  If it is just big enough for sleeping they will not soil in it.  You can put a temporary divider in a large kennel to accomplish this.  Of Course Tawny is a lot younger and her bladder size may need to be taken into consideration.  
Can't wait to see her.  Hope she travels well.  Car riding is another place where I really like the kennel.  Angel is all over me when I am driving if I don't kennel her.  
Give her a hug for me.  
Dianne

Hybrid Holly

Has anyone camped at Lake Havasu (Arizona)?
There are a couple of state campgrounds, but only one has electricity.
Can't sort out much on the private campgrounds.
Any recommendations?
We are meeting family there over Christmas.

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: Hybrid HollyHas anyone camped at Lake Havasu (Arizona)?
There are a couple of state campgrounds, but only one has electricity.
Can't sort out much on the private campgrounds.
Any recommendations?
We are meeting family there over Christmas.
Holly -
You might try asking Les/Calmobile on the NNC Yahoo site.  I think he is from AZ and camps there alot still.

Red neff Barchetta

I just accidentally ventured out beyond the NNC area of PUT and noticed that the eastern folks still HAVE NOT chosen/agreed upon a place or date for their one and only rally!

gsm x2

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaI just accidentally ventured out beyond the NNC area of PUT and noticed that the eastern folks still HAVE NOT chosen/agreed upon a place or date for their one and only rally!

They must not be "laid back" enough like us California folk.

Or maybe it's because they have to consider things like end of winter, start of mosquito season, "tornado alley", interstate tariffs, and language barriers if you go too far north or south of the 35th latitude.

Yeeup, glad y'all get alongin to good.  Even our nothern country bumpkin AbDiver can communicate with usnall.

gsm x2

Surfcal

For those of you who don't venture out to the General Forum, here's an article very noteworthy to read.  It's on the longish side, but well worth the time to strike the right chord in many of us.

http://www.arveeclub.com/showthread.php?t=50409

I think this deserves to be included in the NNC website.

Surfcal

Kelly

Quote from: SurfcalFor those of you who don't venture out to the General Forum, here's an article very noteworthy to read. It's on the longish side, but well worth the time to strike the right chord in many of us.

Surfcal

Don't forget to include TOS's pic .... that was an amazing bit o' backin' up, if you ask me!

gsm x2

Quote from: KellyDon't forget to include TOS's pic .... that was an amazing bit o' backin' up, if you ask me!

Thanks Kelly---it was tighter than...

Hmmm, hmmmm

OK, it was tighter than a 5 1/2" floppy disk shoved into a 3 1/2" floppy drive.

Whew!!

gsm x2

g-whiz

Quote from: SurfcalFor those of you who don't venture out to the General Forum, here's an article very noteworthy to read. It's on the longish side, but well worth the time to strike the right chord in many of us.

Surfcal
Reading that, I felt like maybe I would rather be pick-uping it instead of popuping it!  I'm glad I just say... over to the left a little more!

Kelly

Quote from: gsm x2Thanks Kelly---it was tighter than...

Hmmm, hmmmm

OK, it was tighter than a 5 1/2" floppy disk shoved into a 3 1/2" floppy drive.

Whew!!

gsm x2

.... and he gets out of another tight situation!!  Nicely done, Scott ;)

Red neff Barchetta

Hi Kelly!  Nice to see you dropping in.   :)

(grabs the NNC bullhorn)
Attention -
January is just around the bend.  Someone get a January rally going!  Come on Cough'ers!  The DOW & NASDAQ are up (if ever so slightly) even.  Life is good.

Here's a NNC-rally rally-cry as a month is in danger of being skipped over;

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
-thinks hard-
Otter: Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.
D-Day: Let's do it.
Bluto: LET'S DO IT!

Red neff Barchetta

Oh yeah, these helps punctuate it;

Flounder: May I have ten thousand marbles, please?

Dean Vernon Wormer: I hate those guys.

D-Day: Ramming speed!

Dean Vernon Wormer: As of now they're on Double SECRET Probation!

Cottonwooder

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaI just accidentally ventured out beyond the NNC area of PUT and noticed that the eastern folks still HAVE NOT chosen/agreed upon a place or date for their one and only rally!
We're already assembling a Labor & Delivery team for "SactoBun" (to be scheduled either before, or after, but not during potlucks, of course), and the Easterners haven't even settled on a place/date yet?  I think that little detail needs to be worked out before the photography gauntlet can be thrown down, LOL!  (Which anyone would retract after taking a look at TOS' new camera!)

Nick

Quote from: Red neff Barchetta(grabs the NNC bullhorn)
Attention -
January is just around the bend. Someone get a January rally going! Come on Cough'ers! The DOW & NASDAQ are up (if ever so slightly) even. Life is good.

Hey Jeff, last year in January you and I  got a rally going by saying lets meet someplace in the middle.  So, where do you want to meet?:)