Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: otterI

Cottonwooder

Quote from: Hybrid HollyI agree with Kelly, not all SUV drivers have attitudes,
From what I've seen, the smaller (e.g. fast, sleek, racecar types with the neon-bright headlamps) the car, the bigger the attitude aiming it at you at 85mph!  To their dismay, they discover this Mom and her Mom-Mobile ain't the least bit intimidated.  ;)

SactoCampers

Looks like we've got a regular Edmunds forum brew ha-ha going regarding minivans and SUVs.:p

Kelly's "SUV and snow" situation can be easily corrected with an AWD minivan......like mine.;) :p :D

Kelly

Quote from: SactoCampersKelly's "SUV and snow" situation can be easily corrected with an AWD minivan......like mine.;) :p :D
Good point, Sacto ~ but you forgot the "drift busting" ~ ain't no way you've got the clearance for decent drift bustin' in the Mall parking lot!! The kids think that's better than any ride at the Fair! LOL (...and mom thinks so too! :D )

There's a big difference between getting through the snow and PLAYING in the snow! ;)

SactoCampers

Quote from: KellyGood point, Sacto ~ but you forgot the "drift busting" ~ ain't no way you've got the clearance for decent drift bustin' in the Mall parking lot!! The kids think that's better than any ride at the Fair! LOL (...and mom thinks so too! :D )

There's a big difference between getting through the snow and PLAYING in the snow! ;)
Oh I can drift bust.....through at least 8 inches of unplowed Sierra cement. You ain't lived until you've drift busted in a Town & Country. Yep, I played around last winter and out driftbusted/cliimbed a rough 'em tough'em up Nissan XTerra. I tend to think my driving skills had something to do with it, too ;) , though. Heated seats are great for drift busting too.:D

MIL lives in North Shore Tahoe and drives a Lexus ES 300 with studded snow tires and spider spikes. Had a Saturn sedan before that.

Red neff Barchetta

Oooh, finished my modified version of Bill/Oz's wheel pads (3 - 3/4" plywood cut to 9" x 21" wrapped in rubber backing) for the BAL Leveler & BAL Chock.  Very happy with the results!!   :)
I cut them so they fit perfectly in my stepper door compartment and my torque'ing lug wrench & level still fit in there.
Can't wait to try these out at Chabot!  Sure hope my site ISN'T level, lol.

Ab Diver

Kelly

Quote from: Ab Diver
*What* SUV driver attitude? Me and my truck, we LIKE mini-vans. If fact, we ate one for breakfast just yesterday.
(you forgot something, Dave)

B-U-R-P

champ521

Quote from: SactoCampersa rough 'em tough'em up Nissan XTerra

There is such a thing?

SactoCampers

Quote from: champ521There is such a thing?
Judging from the attitude the owner gave me at the snowy intersection during the storm ("you're going to go up that hill with THAT?") he seemed to think so.

He got stuck. I helped dig him out cause he was blocking the road. I made it up.

Surfcal

What a spirited conversation.  In fact, it almost deserves its own thread.  Now, for as long as we've known Sactocampers, he's been championing the issue of minivans.  In fact, minivans are more manicure friendly, helping preserve dainty fingernails.  So yes, any support ya'll can throw Brian's way, let's help him out.

I remember last year, when he blew past that Nissan Xterra on the way up to his folks' house, that it was the highlight of his season.  He talked about that for days.  It was a victory of herculean proportions.  A 4-wheel drive Nissan Exterra, outfitted with all sorts of pretentious racks, chassis lifted for high clearance and of course, deep grooved all-terrain tires and...pathetically stuck in the snow while the humble minivan plowed upwards unabated from a dead stop!

Because of that incident, I can only imagine Sacto driving down the freeway on a daily basis, beaming with pride, backed with confidence and any SUV within a two car vicinity can feel "the force."

He is, after all, the chosen one, the Jedi of minivans.

And as Paul Harvey says, "and, that's the rest of the story."

Surfcal

SactoCampers

Quote from: SurfcalAnd as Paul Harvey says, "and, that's the rest of the story."

Surfcal
Yes, it was quite the experience, as until that day I almost bought into the "you need an SUV/truck"  hype. Surfcal and I are secure enough in our masculinity not to buy into that.  So how is that white Volvo wagon doing anyway?

Kelly

Quote from: SactoCampersSurfcal and I are secure enough in our masculinity not to buy into that.
Sacto ~

I just have to take issue with that!!  

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm  ~  interesting theory you've got going there .... just how does it work for the fairer sex?  (said with loads of friendly sarcasm! LOL)

I'm quite secure in my feminine side!!  Maybe it's my masculine side that needs feeding??  :mad: ;) :D

towrod

Quote from: SurfcalI can only imagine Sacto driving down the freeway on a daily basis, beaming with pride, backed with confidence and any SUV within a two car vicinity can feel "the force."

He is, after all, the chosen one, the Jedi of minivans.

Trust your feelings, Luke.  Let Go.    
(NOT you Brian - keep your hands on the wheel, thank you!)

- I know my MV has plenty of HP to get me and mine where we need to be.

Surfcal

Quote from: SactoCampersYes, it was quite the experience, as until that day I almost bought into the "you need an SUV/truck"  hype. Surfcal and I are secure enough in our masculinity not to buy into that.  So how is that white Volvo wagon doing anyway?

My Volvo is doing just fine, and it also keeps my manicure from being mangled.  But if any MV or SUV messes with her,  then my 6000 lbs. 1985 GMC Sierra Classic all-steel frame all-American longbed pickup truck will come a-lookin' for the perpetrator.  Any more questions about my station wagon?

Surfcal