News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

Ughhh!  I have a splitting headache and a nasty hangover from partying.  And you people are too loud and cheery this afternoon.

Surfcal

P.S.  Scott, your pictures are outstanding.  As usual, thanks for them and letting us live vicariously through your lenses.

gsm x2

Quote from: SurfcalP.S.  Scott, your pictures are outstanding.  As usual, thanks for them and letting us live vicariously through your lenses.

Ray--thanks--as you know it's my pleasure. Even took your advice and made sure I was taking pictures in the hours of 'majik lite".

Scott

Red neff Barchetta

Alright everyone can now make their July reservations through ReserveAmerica as I'm done.   :)   Thanks for keeping the lines clear.   :D   Took 3 phones and online to get what I wanted!   :eek:

g-whiz

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaAlright everyone can now make their July reservations through ReserveAmerica as I'm done. :) Thanks for keeping the lines clear. :D Took 3 phones and online to get what I wanted! :eek:
Hey Neff!  Where ya goin'? :confused: Or are you afraid to tell us????? ;)

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: g-whizHey Neff!  Where ya goin'? :confused: Or are you afraid to tell us????? ;)
G -
On 3 different trips we are going to SeaCliff SP, Sugarloaf SP, & French Meadows Reservoir.

I thought of you last night while I was reading a chapter titled "Swearing" in the book I am currently reading called "The Mother Tongue" by Bill Bryson.  "Gee whiz" was in a list of "delicate expletives", lol.  Apparently no other language approaches English for the number of delicate expletives.
I also learned that after O. K., the "F-word" is the most versatile of all English words with a multitude of meanings.
None of this has anything to do with you of course.   ;)
Can't wait to see you and the other bleepin' G in Olema!!!   :D

Btw, here's a tip for anyone who wants to make reservations for Aug. trips - Be ready to roll at 8:00 a.m. (start trying at 7:50) on Monday, Feb. 2nd..
Now I feel better for bragging earlier, lol.

Ca-girl

Hello everyone!!  I hope you all had a nice, relaxing (yea right) holiday.  We are finally back from our big Disney trip, and we had a ball.  Possibly the best part was watching the kids unwrap the gift.  It was a total surprise.  I split the tickets into two tiny gift bags, put each gift bag in a small box and wrapped it...put those into little bigger boxes and wrapped them....put those into bigger boxes....well, you get the point.  On Christmas morning after unwrapping four boxes and a gift bag each, the girls found the tickets, and I told them I thought we could go next summer!  They were still excited, but then Kevin walked over to open the blinds, and I said, "or.....since the trailer's parked outside....we could go right NOW!"  The look of shock on those two little faces was priceless!

Disneyland was great, although very crowded.  But, whenever we needed a break from the crowds, we could pop on over to California Adventure, and it was MUCH less crowded.  Plus, since the RV Park we were staying in had a free shuttle back and forth every half hour or so, we could go home for lunch and a nap and then come back all rested up.  

The winner of the "favorite ride" contest for all four of us was actually a roller coaster in California Adventure called "California Screamin".  It was wild.....super fast and lots of twists and turns and even an upside down loop.  

Here are some pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/album/108450460OVmzof

And a few more:
http://community.webshots.com/album/108454759UPZjDw

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (better late than never, right?)

Tania

gsm x2

Tania,

That's soo cool. Would you and Kevin want to adopt me before next Christmas?  You two give good presents.

Scott

Red neff Barchetta

Tania -
Great story!!  I love the way you presented the present.   :)
You guys are fun parents.  Glad you had a good trip and thanks for sharing the photo's..

See you at Chabot!   :)

g-whiz

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaG -
On 3 different trips we are going to SeaCliff SP, Sugarloaf SP, & French Meadows Reservoir.

I thought of you last night while I was reading a chapter titled "Swearing" in the book I am currently reading called "The Mother Tongue" by Bill Bryson. "Gee whiz" was in a list of "delicate expletives", lol. Apparently no other language approaches English for the number of delicate expletives.
I also learned that after O. K., the "F-word" is the most versatile of all English words with a multitude of meanings.
None of this has anything to do with you of course. ;)
Can't wait to see you and the other bleepin' G in Olema!!! :D

Btw, here's a tip for anyone who wants to make reservations for Aug. trips - Be ready to roll at 8:00 a.m. (start trying at 7:50) on Monday, Feb. 2nd..
Now I feel better for bragging earlier, lol.
ex

Red neff Barchetta

G -
Then I highly reccommend "A Walk In The Woods".  You will be entertained & cracking up the whole book through.  It is his most popular book by far and is a gem.
Only strange people like me read (& enjoy!) books about the English language.  It's nothing like "A Walk In The Woods".

g-whiz

Wow Tania!  That is SO cool.  I think gifts like that are the greatest.  What memories.  Hey, if you adopt Scott, you HAVE to adopt me too, since we are inseparable! :D

SCCS

Tania,
 Looks like you guys had a good time. What a GREAT christmas gift.

6Quigs

Tania,
looks like you almost had as much fun as we did ;)
We camped at Canyon RV park, 20 minutes drive away for 3 nights, and then stayed at the Coast Hotel for the next 3 nights. You can see the Coast hotel in the background of your Swinging Gondola photo! We were on the 6th floor.
Here's our photos
http://community.webshots.com/user/quigsdisney

I think we had a nicer table than you in the Rainforest Cafe, well at least a better waitress, as she took our Photo ;)

Kelly

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaThen I highly reccommend "A Walk In The Woods". You will be entertained & cracking up the whole book through. It is his most popular book by far and is a gem.
I LOVED this book!!  Made me want to go hike the Appalachian Trail ....  

What was his friend's name??  The one who ate all the Twinkies?   I'm much more like him!  LOL

Ca-girl

Quote from: 6QuigsTania,
looks like you almost had as much fun as we did ;)
We camped at Canyon RV park, 20 minutes drive away for 3 nights, and then stayed at the Coast Hotel for the next 3 nights. You can see the Coast hotel in the background of your Swinging Gondola photo! We were on the 6th floor.
Here's our photos
http://community.webshots.com/user/quigsdisney

I think we had a nicer table than you in the Rainforest Cafe, well at least a better waitress, as she took our Photo ;)
Very nice photos, and yes...you win the "best table at the Rainforest Cafe" contest, but WE win the "no rain at the park" contest!  We lucked out with beautiful weather the whole week. So THERE! :p