News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: KellyI LOVED this book!!  Made me want to go hike the Appalachian Trail ....  

What was his friend's name??  The one who ate all the Twinkies?   I'm much more like him!  LOL
Kelly -
Princess Bride AND A Walk In The Woods?!  I am truly sorry that I will miss meeting you in June.   :(   Between you and Lori/Griffsmom (who is as big a Monty Python fan as I am & will be there) we could laugh ourselves silly.
His friend's name is Stephen Katz (had to thumb through my copy) and he was the classic side-kick for that journey.
Hope all is well with you!   :)
Btw, I think your Terminator "actor"/governor did a little less damage than ours is about to do if he's not careful.  Sure hope I'm wrong.  :eek:

gsm x2

It's a beautiful day in Ventura with predicted high winds.  I am driven to go shoot something.  A kite surfer. I think I'll go shoot a kite surfer later on.

Happy weekend.

Scott

6Quigs

Scott,
I take it the 'big one' arrived.
I hope you and G have plenty of fun with it.
Just be careful where you point it ;)

Tania,
We were thinking of you on Monday when it poured rain here in the bay area. Happy to hear you missed all the rain, and had a great time.

Surfcal

Quote from: gsm x2It's a beautiful day in Ventura with predicted high winds.  I am driven to go shoot something.  A kite surfer. I think I'll go shoot a kite surfer later on.

Happy weekend.

Scott

Now Scott, what you need is a nice tripod, preferably a 360 degrees ball head.  Bogen tripods and heads for stills are really nice.  With just one knob, you can level, stabilize and lock the shot in a matter of seconds, especially when you're shooting fast action shots and nature subjects.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2976431164&category=30094

Shooting NNCers hand-held isn't a big deal because we don't move too fast, but the rest of the world is a lot faster and a platform, such as a tripod will help a great deal.

Notice how I time the expenditures?

Surfcal

g-whiz

Quote from: SurfcalNow Scott, what you need is a nice tripod, preferably a 360 degrees ball head. Bogen tripods and heads for stills are really nice. With just one knob, you can level, stabilize and lock the shot in a matter of seconds, especially when you're shooting fast action shots and nature subjects.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2976431164&category=30094

Shooting NNCers hand-held isn't a big deal because we don't move too fast, but the rest of the world is a lot faster and a platform, such as a tripod will help a great deal.

Notice how I time the expenditures?

Surfcal
RAY!  Shhhh!!!  If he keeps getting this "stuff" I may never see him again! ;)   He's actually having the time of his life with his new toys.  AND, some of his photographs are amazing.  Not just because I happen to be married to him either.  :p

Surfcal

C'mon The Original Scott, let's see some shots from the new lens.

Surfcal

gsm x2

Quote from: SurfcalC'mon The Original Scott, let's see some shots from the new lens.

Surfcal

Ray--my pleasure.  The best way to see the shots from the new lens is to go to a WebLog I have created since, "I Got a New Digital Camera."  Hey, that's the name of the WebLog.

http://home.earthlink.net/~gsmx2/weblog/

The most recent pictures have been from the new lens.

Scott

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: gsm x2Ray--my pleasure.  The best way to see the shots from the new lens is to go to a WebLog I have created since, "I Got a New Digital Camera."  Hey, that's the name of the WebLog.

Scott
Wow Scott!  Those are absolutely gorgeous photo's.!  Nice work!  You'll have to teach me some of your tricks when we finally get a digital camera.

I especially like the fish skeleton, the flower with water drops on it, & the kite surfer.

But why did you take a picture of that vagabond seagull for?  You should have dropped a bomb on him for everyone who has ever washed their car!   :D

SCCS

Scott,
Hey those are amazing pictures!
Keep taking those great photos.

Surfcal

Quote from: gsm x2Ray--my pleasure.  The best way to see the shots from the new lens is to go to a WebLog I have created since, "I Got a New Digital Camera."  Hey, that's the name of the WebLog.

Scott

Those are very nice photos Scott.  But, if they were taken with a ball-headed tripod (gets rid of blurs), it'd look even better.  Trust me.

Now, how about this idea.  In a few weeks, you get an online gallery of your masterpieces and you open it for viewing online, pick the time and date.  Then, we can all attend online, with our wine, cheese and crackers while we all gather around in the chat room.

It'll be a virtual Scott Photography gallery presentation.

I'll be there.

Surfcal

Kelly

Quote from: SurfcalThose are very nice photos Scott.

Now, how about this idea. In a few weeks, you get an online gallery of your masterpieces and you open it for viewing online, pick the time and date. Then, we can all attend online, with our wine, cheese and crackers while we all gather around in the chat room.

It'll be a virtual Scott Photography gallery presentation.

I'll be there.

Surfcal
I'll be there, too!  I love the pics, Scott.  Glad you have place for us to check them out!  For what it's worth ... I even like the seagull.  Of course it's winter in MN ... anything with sun or sand in it looks good!  ;)

gsm x2

Quote from: KellyI'll be there, too!  I love the pics, Scott.  Glad you have place for us to check them out!  For what it's worth ... I even like the seagull.  Of course it's winter in MN ... anything with sun or sand in it looks good!  ;)

Kelly,

If you like the seagull, you might love the tern.

Scott

Surfcal

Well, it's the top of the year and happy posting everyone.  Post early and post often.

Surfcal

P.S.  Nice shot Scott.

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: gsm x2Kelly,

Scott

All of these are great Scott!

Kelly

Quote from: gsm x2Kelly,

http://www.avenuecable.com/~gsmx2/telephotoharborweb02.JPG

Scott
I do!  I do!  Love the tern ....  I'm really amazed by these photos.  I got a new lens in May, but haven't had a whole lot of time to really experiment with it!  I'd better get cracking, eh?  (Course who wants to look at lots and lots of snowy white pictures??  btw ~ it's a whopping 2 degrees BELOW zero right now ... where is that shivering emoticon??)