News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unregistered

Quote from: Ab DiverMy theme for the weekend was cross training, cross training, and more cross training. Spent three days camping directly behind the Point Cabrillo Lighthouse, here on the Mendocino coast. Nothing but a mile of open coastal headlands between us and the oceanside lighthouse. I gotta admit, it was a view for which some folks pay hundreds of bucks a night. The weather cooperated, and resulted in the kind of picture postcard days that you dream about. We spent three days of abalone diving (full leg workout, abductor and adductor; along with maximum breath utilization and pacing for distance), campfire building (isometric squats while lighting said fire), and offspring backpacking (carried my exhausted 63 lbs. 10 y-o daughter up from the tidal zone to our campsite 1 mile away and 300 feet higher--- simulating hill training and endurance running). Also partook of extra helpings of fine local Microbrews (carb-loading and fluid replenishment) as well as historically accurate re-enactments of Cro-Magnon religious ceremonies (BBQ'ed fresh-caught Catch-Of-The-Day along with sacrificial Tri-Tip Of Cave Cow ( Cave Ox) over an open flame and offered our Thanks to *The Great Spirit*). All in all, we had a great time and my legs got one heck of a work-out.  

;) [/font]

Ab Diver:

I don't think you ever miss trying to live fully in "THESE are the good ol' days."

Surfcal

Calstate361

Hey Surfcal,

Sal and I though of you yesterday on our way back from Camping World in Rocklin.  The freeway (80) goes through Roseville and coming home on our side of the freeway at the Eureka on ramp, the Pan Pacific Dealership backs up to the freeway.  We saw a hybred just for you sitting along the fence.  It was a half-a-hybred.  A tiney little hard side with the canves bunk ONLY ON ONE END!   From what we could see passing by, it isn't much/or any bigger than your Pop-up.  Just your style.   We couldn't believe it.   Made just for you.  We think you need to check it out.

Joan

OC Campers

Ab-Diver, I just want you to know that my 12 y/o daughter is looking forward to your ummmm BALONEY as you fondly call it.  She doesn't eat seafood of any sort but for some reason loves your BALONEY;) .  In fact just the other day, she asked me if you were coming to Pismo and if I thought you were bringing along BALONEY.  What a compliment from a pre-teen with raging hormones.:yikes:

Jacqui

Nick

We got back last night from three days at Camp Richardson at Tahoe.  Had a great weekend, with nice weather.  Only drawback of this campground is they don't allow pets.

We have reservations the weekend before Pismo at Casini Ranch if anyone else wants to camp two weekends in a row! :)

Surfcal

Quote from: Calstate361Hey Surfcal,

Sal and I though of you yesterday on our way back from Camping World in Rocklin.  The freeway (80) goes through Roseville and coming home on our side of the freeway at the Eureka on ramp, the Pan Pacific Dealership backs up to the freeway.  We saw a hybred just for you sitting along the fence.  It was a half-a-hybred.  A tiney little hard side with the canves bunk ONLY ON ONE END!   From what we could see passing by, it isn't much/or any bigger than your Pop-up.  Just your style.   We couldn't believe it.   Made just for you.  We think you need to check it out.

Joan

Joan,

Thanks for thinking of me.  I don't know, HALF is what I've become known for in this group.  Half brain, half *ss and I like half & half in my coffee.

I will check it out.  Half a good day.

Surfcal  (Sal, hope you are well)

Ab Diver

Ray-- Thanks. I gotta tell ya, the best moment of the whole weekend was when I was unloading the pop-up at home, and both my girls came up to grab something and help, stopped and looked at me for a second, and said "Thanks for taking us, Dad. That was great!"  Makes everything else kinda fade in significance, ya know?

Jacqui-- Hehehehe.... now I know how Leif Garrett must have felt-- he was a hit for about one weekend with the pre-teen set as well.  ;-)   Besides, ummmBaloney really *IS* the other white meat.

Ab Diver

Quote from: SurfcalJoan,

Thanks for thinking of me. I don't know, HALF is what I've become known for in this group. Half brain, half *ss and I like half & half in my coffee.

I will check it out. Half a good day.

Surfcal (Sal, hope you are well)

And don't forget.... less than half a minute to set up your pop-up!

g-whiz

Quote from: SurfcalJoan,

Thanks for thinking of me. I don't know, HALF is what I've become known for in this group. Half brain, half *ss and I like half & half in my coffee.

I will check it out. Half a good day.

Surfcal (Sal, hope you are well)
And then there is half a pint and half awake! ;)

Nick

Last time we went camping, while poping up the trailer there was a loud snap. The roof cranked up the rest of the way but was just an inch or less from fully poped. When we left the roof can down just fine. Well I figured I would tear into things this moring to see what the snap was all about. The pictures below are what I found. Luckly it was the front right side next to the winch so it was not difficult to remove. Anyway, just now have to decide if I'm going to try and replace it with a new one or if I can bend it back in shape and have some extra reinforcement welded on. I'll probabley do the fix and see if it holds and if not replace it. BTW the last picture is my DW sweeping the patio in her PJ's.:)

Nick

Last time we went camping, while poping up the trailer there was a loud snap. The roof cranked up the rest of the way but was just an inch or less from fully poped. When we left the roof can down just fine. Well I figured I would tear into things this moring to see what the snap was all about. The pictures below are what I found. Luckly it was the front right side next to the winch so it was not difficult to remove. Anyway, just now have to decide if I'm going to try and replace it with a new one or if I can bend it back in shape and have some extra reinforcement welded on. I'll probabley do the fix and see if it holds and if not replace it. BTW the last picture is my DW sweeping the patio in her PJ's.:)  
http://home.comcast.net/~mnikoley/lift1.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~mnikoley/lift2.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~mnikoley/lift3.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~mnikoley/michele.JPG

gsm x2

Quote from: NickLast time we went camping, while poping up the trailer there was a loud snap. The roof cranked up the rest of the way but was just an inch or less from fully poped. When we left the roof can down just fine. Well I figured I would tear into things this moring to see what the snap was all about. The pictures below are what I found. Luckly it was the front right side next to the winch so it was not difficult to remove. Anyway, just now have to decide if I'm going to try and replace it with a new one or if I can bend it back in shape and have some extra reinforcement welded on. I'll probabley do the fix and see if it holds and if not replace it. BTW the last picture is my DW sweeping the patio in her PJ's.:)
http://home.comcast.net/~mnikoley/lift1.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~mnikoley/lift2.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~mnikoley/lift3.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~mnikoley/michele.JPG
Ha, Jacqui's Cachuma picture just moved into second place on the "List of Most Uncomplimentary Photographs".  But Michele is sure an energetic sweeper.

gsm x2

Surfcal

Quote from: NickLast time we went camping, while poping up the trailer there was a loud snap. The roof cranked up the rest of the way but was just an inch or less from fully poped. When we left the roof can down just fine. Well I figured I would tear into things this moring to see what the snap was all about.

Nick,

With all what you've gone through, you can have your own local cable access show called, "This Old Popup."  You can be the Bob Villa of tent trailers.

Cheerios,

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

Nick -
Good luck.  Hope your fix does the trick!  You are much more brave than I.  Something like that and I don't even attempt it.

Just wanted to say to all of the Pismo attendee's; Have a great time!!!!   :)  :)

We are headed deep into the Klamath National Forest for 5 nights of boondocking on 40 acres (we might purchase it).  The river runs right through the property.  The nearest potable water (besides the river) is 7 miles away so we are obviously bringing plenty of drinking water (although we do have the water filter on the PU faucet).  We are really looking forward to this trip, fresh outdoors, and some peace & quiet.

gsm x2

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaNick -
Good luck. Hope your fix does the trick! You are much more brave than I. Something like that and I don't even attempt it.

Just wanted to say to all of the Pismo attendee's; Have a great time!!!! :) :)

We are headed deep into the Klamath National Forest for 5 nights of boondocking on 40 acres (we might purchase it). The river runs right through the property. The nearest potable water (besides the river) is 7 miles away so we are obviously bringing plenty of drinking water (although we do have the water filter on the PU faucet). We are really looking forward to this trip, fresh outdoors, and some peace & quiet.
Jeff---you've probably found the way to a science teacher's heart....in the middle of primevil forest.  Enjoy....guess having an 8 foot strip of dirt just doesn't compare does it.

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta

Thanks Scott.
She is actually counting down the days to this trip.
Who knows, maybe we'll have a future dry rally there.   :)
There is water under the property.  It's just that a well hasn't been dug yet.
Our oldest read about dowsing this year and has a forked stick all ready to try out around the property, lol.  Should keep him busy for a good part of at least 1 day searching for underground water don't you think?   :D