News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuestSee, I can rabble rouse in disguise too [:o][:o].

SactoCampers

GuestNow, the " Guest"  post must stand because it has technically kept the thread alive. From this point forward no " Guest"  bailouts of a potential thread kill will be permitted. If so, " Guest"  will have the Can O  Whoopass taken off of the top shelf and subjected to rabble rousing of epic proportions! [;)]

6Quigs

SactoCampersToo many guests here today!!!!!

Nick

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

Now, the " Guest"  post must stand because it has technically kept the thread alive. From this point forward no " Guest"  bailouts of a potential thread kill will be permitted. If so, " Guest"  will have the Can O  Whoopass taken off of the top shelf and subjected to rabble rousing of epic proportions! [;)]

Or Nick will wield his power and delete the guest post.[:)]

Cottonwooder

SactoCampers
QuoteCottonwooder s on the fence thinking, " Hmmm, what s in it for me?"  
QuoteTrish, as a mother yourself, I m begging you...if not for me and all that we shared at Casitas, then think of Lil  Griffy

Not thinking of me at all.  In fact, I AM thinking of the li l Griffy...

Cast her to the depths of Thread-Killerhood, and let her emerge stronger for the experience.  Stronger for NNC, Stronger for Griffy.  Let her and her Birkenstocks sink into The Pit for a week.  Then, like a butterfly from its coccoon, she shall come forth a more worth member of NNC (and garnered for herself a place on The List!).  [8D]

Cottonwooder

SactoCampers
QuoteNow, the " Guest"  post must stand because it has technically kept the thread alive. From this point forward no " Guest"  bailouts of a potential thread kill will be permitted.

Sacto, Sacto, don t go soft on us now!!!  Why " from this point forward..." ?  Nope, NOW.  No " Guest"  can prevent the 7-day doom of a thread.

(Ya gotta be forceful.   Haven t you been watching the news???)

SactoCampers

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

QuoteNow, the " Guest"  post must stand because it has technically kept the thread alive. From this point forward no " Guest"  bailouts of a potential thread kill will be permitted.

Sacto, Sacto, don t go soft on us now!!!  Why " from this point forward..." ?  Nope, NOW.  No " Guest"  can prevent the 7-day doom of a thread.

(Ya gotta be forceful.   Haven t you been watching the news???)

You re putting Nick in a precarious situation. It s like having his finger on the " red button"  or the lever on the electric chair. I wouldn t want to be Nick right now....

Nick.....put it up for a vote. Start a poll and let the PEOPLE decide!

Cottonwooder

SactoCampers
QuoteYou re putting Nick in a precarious situation.

Nick?  This would only involve Nick if he were the mysterious Guest.  Nay, I say we treat the Guest post(s) as outlined in the Ignore thread: Ignore it.

An Ignore a day keeps the Guest away.
[8D]

SactoCampers

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

QuoteYou re putting Nick in a precarious situation.

Nick?  This would only involve Nick if he were the mysterious Guest.  Nay, I say we treat the Guest post(s) as outlined in the Ignore thread: Ignore it.

An Ignore a day keeps the Guest away.

Nick is the only of us who has the power of deletion and thus send Griffsmom to thread-killer status.

But I agree, all guest posts shall be assumed to be pulling an Otter and unless they immediately reveal themselves shall have that post relocated to the Ingore thread. [;)][8D]

Cottonwooder

SactoCampers
QuoteNick is the only of us who has the power of deletion and thus send Griffsmom to thread-killer status.

But I agree, all guest posts shall be assumed to be pulling an Otter and unless they immediately reveal themselves shall have that post relocated to the Ingore thread.

Yup, Pulling an Otter.  It already has its own bylaw.  You realize, my Northern Neighbor, that you and I are creating new ones as we speak/type.  Day-um, we re good.  ^5.

Now, I really must get back to work.

Nick

SactoCampers

Nick.....put it up for a vote. Start a poll and let the PEOPLE decide!

Go here to vote:
 http://www.popuptimes.com/members/tm.asp?m=17503&p=1&tmode=1

Surfcal

GuestGriffsmom:

Sorry I ve been offline because of work.  I would have been the first one to rescue you.  You know that.  I just thought of something clever to post and I was ready to rescue your thread killer status on the Website thread, and then I see that Ralph Hilton has made an entry (a legitimate one) and so, that s cool, otherwise, I would have been there for you.

You are my bud.  I am one of your closest friends on this board and I would never, ever let harm touch you.

So, I just wanted to let you know that and there never should have been any doubt in your mind that I would have left you hanging.  Now, for the other members in this group, you really should reevaluate your friendship with them.  They have the gall to claim they re your friends.  Sheesh.

Cheers,
 Surfcal

griffsmom

GuestWow, I m a bit speechless at the twists and turns this has taken.  Sorry about not responding sooner, but I had to actually work at work today.  [:o][: (][>:]

Surf, you raise a good point about the technicality nature of the guest bail out; however, let me respond to your concerns:

[ul]

• Don t think the thought to bail myself out of my " Princess Thread Killer"  predicament didn t occur to me.  But I am a  woman of integrity, and I quickly dismissed the thought since it just wouldn t have been right to pull such a move of deception.  I was most definitely prepared to wear my Scarlet TK with the pride and dignity of Hester Prynne, and so Sacto, you are correct that my surprise and elation were most certainly genuine.  Even if no one else believes me, Guest and I both know this is true.

•  
  • From a technical standpoint, the bylaws are silent as to whether the bail out had to be from a logged in member.  Surfcal s post stated:

•  
QuoteSomeone else other than you has to enter to make it active again.

Under our American judicial system, in the absence of any rule or bylaw disallowing such action, a peson cannot be held accountable for thread killing when a guest posts and activates the thread.  I do agree wth you that from this point forward (and the bylaws should be amended accordingly) it needs to be from a logged in member, but it is unfair and unAmerican to impose such penalty on someone (and from a more self-intested perspective, me!) given the current status of the law.  It s not good to be unAmerican in times of war.

• It appears that this discussion and the vote is moot anyway, since Ralph Hilton, (Madlyn?) a gentleperson among rabble, has mercifully and irrefutably bailed me out.  [/ul]

RH, I am deeply indebted to you and you have my eternal gratitude. [:D]

To the rest of you RRs:  [: (]

SactoCampers

griffsmom
QuoteEven if no one else believes me, Guest and I both know this is true.

Yes, " Guest"  and you do know it to be true......

QuoteTo the rest of you RRs:

" Guest"  could have been a rabble rouser........you never know.....

We commend you for your high level of integrity. Sacrificing rabble rousing stature for your integrity is a most noble of gestures. And your interpretation of NNC bylaws, or lack thereof, regarding thread killing is commendable. I believe you are well prepared for the bar exam. We hereby consider this issue resolved...

BTW,

The bullets are a nice addition to the post. Don t think I ve seen that from a NNCer. See you Snickers are adding value to the group everyday. I mean who woulda thought.....bullets?

griffsmom

SactoCampers

QuoteEven if no one else believes me, Guest and I both know this is true.

Yes, " Guest"  and you do know it to be true......

QuoteTo the rest of you RRs:

" Guest"  could have been a rabble rouser........you never know.....

I see what you mean, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more.

QuoteI believe you are well prepared for the bar exam.

Been there, done that, escaped with my soul intact.

QuoteWe hereby consider this issue resolved...

Cheers![:D][8D]