News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuoteHi, I m back, haven t hooked up new DSL yet, though. Loooooonnnnnggggggg 24 hours without my beloved  puter.  

Sorry to hear that.  I was hoping that you would be flying through the boards.

Welcome back even is at dial-up speeds.

gsm x2

Surfcal

SactoCampersNick:

Nice move in retiring the Axe threads.  That was one great rally and a dignified retirement ceremony was just.  I salute the retired threads and the event it made possible.

Now on to SLO.

Surfcal

Hybrid Holly

SactoCampersafter a busted attempt on Tuesday to see Surfcal on my business trip to SF, we met up last night for some fun.  
 Once again, he found some of the best spots for food and drink...and I have now also been to the 21st ammendment.
 Hanging around in that area made me think once again, we should plan a NCC outing to a Giants game.

Thanks for the fun Surfcal....

Off to see the mouse tomorrow!

g-whiz

Hybrid Holly

QuoteORIGINAL:  Hybrid Holly

after a busted attempt on Tuesday to see Surfcal on my business trip to SF, we met up last night for some fun.  
 Once again, he found some of the best spots for food and drink...and I have now also been to the 21st ammendment.
 Hanging around in that area made me think once again, we should plan a NCC outing to a Giants game.

Thanks for the fun Surfcal....

Off to see the mouse tomorrow!

Your disappearance out of the chat room last night left people saying.... What happened to Holly?   Where did Holly go!  We missed you!  Have fun with the Mouse!

6Quigs

Hybrid Holly

QuoteORIGINAL:  Hybrid Holly

after a busted attempt on Tuesday to see Surfcal on my business trip to SF, we met up last night for some fun.  

Sorry Holly,

Why would anyone want to meet a Site stealing, Tri-Tip eating, flauatance induced, Rabble Rouser anywhere but on a camping trip???[;)]

Cottonwooder

SactoCampersFlip!

Cottonwooder

CottonwooderHelloooo-oooo-ooooo-oooooooooooo.....

Nearly 12 hours, and no one s been in here?  I ve been offline for most of today, and was computerless for 24 hours a couple of days ago; both times the board was slow.  I was back yesterday, and posts erupted with RRing.  Hmmm, is there a pattern here?  

(We should let Surf continue to think he s " Master"  RRer.  It s funny to watch.)  [;)]

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
Quote(We should let Surf continue to think he s " Master"  RRer. It s funny to watch.)  

Apparently I am not much of a RR myself according to Sacto stupid list.  But my SBF friend, I have been watching and think you are great, especially since you don t feel the need to fill up boxes with yada yada yada about what a good RR you are.

I will say, it makes it much quicker to read the boards when I just slide by Sacto s posts and any of Ray s that talk about RR.

gsm x2

Civil_War_Buff

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

I will say, it makes it much quicker to read the boards when I just slide by Sacto s posts and any of Ray s that talk about RR.

gsm x2

[;)][;)][;)][;)][8D]

CottonwooderWhoaaaa :  way to end a thread there gsmx2!!!!

keep em guest-ing!!!!

6Quigs

Civil_War_Buff

QuoteORIGINAL:  Civil_War_Buff

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2
 gsm x2

[;)][;)][;)][;)][8D]

It s no wonder TOS is able to post so often, he s not wasting time reading Surf s and Sacto s posts [:o]

Hope you don t mind if I borrow that idea Scott[;)][;)]

Cottonwooder

gsm x2
QuoteApparently I am not much of a RR myself according to Sacto stupid list.

Is that the list where he described a few of us?  I thought his Tasmanian Devil description of me was hilarious and spot on! [8D]

Whatcha been up to lately, TOS?  Haven t seen you on the board much.  How dare work keep us from our frolics, eh?

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuoteWhatcha been up to lately, TOS? Haven t seen you on the board much. How dare work keep us from our frolics, eh?

Work and camping are two of the things I have been doing.  Other than that, just hanging out fiddling a little bit with this and that.

Got a new digital camera....that s been a lot of fun too.

And who the heck came up with this idea of going to a labor conference on Thursday and Friday---my days off.  Oh, it was mine.

Still hanging in at #3 on the list, so must be communicating here and there.

gsm x2

Cottonwooder

gsm x2
QuoteGot a new digital camera....that s been a lot of fun too.

I want to hear all about it.  Have been toying with the idea of trying out eBay, for which I d need a digital camera to take pics of whatever I m selling.  Just looking at the HP320 (I may be wrong on that as it was about a month ago when I looked), it retails here for $150, but was going on eBay for around $80, factory sealed.  (Did you check out eBay for your camera?)  Don t plan to use it for " real"  photos, so wouldn t need more than 2megapixel, which is more than enough for jpgs on the Web.  But then again, technology has a way of making you want more.

I m rambling... what are the pros and cons of your new camera?  I guess I ll get to see it at SLO, eh? [:)]

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuoteI m rambling... what are the pros and cons of your new camera? I guess I ll get to see it at SLO, eh?  

Dear SBP,

I got a Canon A40 camera.  It s a 2 Megapixel camera because I don t blow stuff up over 5 x 7 anyway.

Pros:  Uses CompactFlash which I like for durability and I have 4 cards
 Quiet and takes pictures rapidly
 3x Optical zoom  Forget any digital zoom settings.  Digital zoom sucks
 LIke the larger size
 Has really nice software including a STICH program that stiches " panorama shots" , shoot--move camera, shoot--move camera, shoot--move camera into a flawless wider than wide angle shot.
 Good battery life

Cons--view through the viewfinder is only 80% of the actual shot scene

I haven t figured out how close I can get for an " in focus"  macro shot, but will figure that out.

I ll have the camera and laptop at SLO so can show you the whole process.

gsm x2