Rally-ish: Peninsula RV Resort - Rollins Lake

Started by zamboni, May 05, 2006, 10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zamboni

http://www.penresort.com/ -- near Grass Valley

A great (dry) campground, hilly & full of trees.  Most spaces are shady with lots of space.  A tad expensive at $25/night, but we've stayed there twice and find it worth it.  The other 3 CG's on the lake are targeted to waverunners, so more like "parking lots" with lake access.  This is far more secluded.  The CG has a boat launch & beach at the "bottom" (entrance area), and does an ice-cream social on weeeknd-nights.

From the site's ma], our favored sites are: 12-24 (not lake access, big-ish loop, so need to be together, but full of shade) and 49-54 (steep lake access, so more expensive, but shady.  Need to be together; can have some in 44-48 if want/get these).

Targeting a weekend in June, depending on availability.  Please post who, and what you voted for:
June 3
June 10
June 17

Preliminary Interest:
Zamboni (will be babyless for June!)
OC Campers
Towrod
(maybe towrod's friend)

(We cannot do June 24, July 1 or 8.  Next available is July 15/22/29 or Aug 5)

OC Campers

I will let you know which weekend is best shortly. Randy should know his work schedule soon.

Edit:  Randy has inventory the first 2 weekends of June so I voted for 6/17.

Jacqui

TheViking

That place looks awesome.  7 hours away for us though.  :(

mustang

Hi there!  Voted for 6/17...Father's Day w/e.  May be able to make it, but have to talk Mike into it.  We've got a lot of camping trips upcoming!  DD will be in Reno for a swim meet all w/e, so it would be just DS.  Actually easier for us that way!  If not that 6/17, we may opt for July or Aug, but those months are pretty limited for us.

zamboni

June 17 sounds fine to us (so I voted for then).  However, I did not think about it being father's day, so I'll need to call them and find out what availability they will have.  I'll try to remember to call tomorrow and see how the odds are of getting 3-5 sites near each other - then post here.

We will also be baby-less; Shelby is going to Colorado for the first 3 weeks in June to hang out with my parents.

mustang

Thanks Glen.  Just let us know what you find out about availablity.  Hope it works out for June 16-18th!

towrod

Well we voted for June 17 as well.  It will back to back weekends for us as we are in :-() Yosemite :-() June 8 to 12 but June is our very favorite month to go camping.  Glen let us know what you find out about sites and such right away!

zamboni

I see 6 voted for June 16/17...

I called them today, and left a message (it is impossible to ever get them on the phone) - when they call back, if there is availability for that weekend, I'll go ahead and book 5 sites... hopefully together-ish.

1:  Zamboni
2:  OC Campers
3:  Mustang
4:  Towrod
5:  ???
6:  dgrote

(Who was the 5th that voted?  Kevin?  I sent him e-mail yesterday, but can't check it from work...)

zamboni

Since they charge a $5 reservation fee (must be per site, because it is $25 for 5 or more sites), here are the prices:

If we can get the "first loop" (my preference), it will be $52+$5 = $57 for the weekend.

The "lake accessible" sites (steeper, so not as good to hang out on, aimed at those who want to bring watercraft) would be $65 for the weekend.

We'll see...

Reminder: This is a dry campground, they do have a dump point -- or we can always dump at Camping World in Rocklin on the way home.

One great thing about here is the 5pm check in time, so check out is 4pm :)  That means we can hang out there all day Sunday.

dgrote

I'm interested.  June 17 works for me.  Hey Zamboni are you going to drink my "ritas":eyecrazy:

zamboni

Quote from: dgroteHey Zamboni are you going to drink my "ritas":eyecrazy:

I would never pass up the opportunity for one of those yummies!

The Flyer Crew

There. I finally did it. I joined PUT and posted on the boards. Woo Hoo. Hi everyone it's me, Kevin. I got a motorhome recently because I've always wanted one (I've gone over to the really really dark side...) and I'll see you guys on Father's Day weekend! Happy trails!

towrod

Hi Kev,
 I like the handle and the signature!

Hey Glen - did you get some spaces?  
Did you get enough?  
Do you need $?
(for deposit not in general! :p )

mustang

Waiting anxiously here to find out about availability!

Glen,
Looks like we'll need 6 sites with Kevin (Flyer Crew) added to your previous list.  Thanks for putting this together!

zamboni

I have left a message for 6 sites.  I see that 7 voted, but only 6 (including me) have posted names - so that is what I'll book:

1: Zamboni
2: OC Campers
3: Mustang
4: Towrod
5: dgrote
6: Flyer

They require 50% at booking, balance before arrival.

As of last night, assuming they are still available, I'll be able to get spots 12,14,16,19 on the first look, and 6 & 7 right down a short hill (other side of bathroom).

See map: http://www.penresort.com/prntMap.html

If the 7th person does chime in, Peninsula also had spot #4 open.

Kelly and I may decide to head up Thursday night and make it a 3-day weekend, if I can get Friday off (she's a school teacher, so will be on summer break).