Rally-ish: Peninsula RV Resort - Rollins Lake

Started by zamboni, May 05, 2006, 10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang

Sounds great!   Do they require each of us to call and book, or do you have to have them all under your name to get a discount?  Will we pay you or them directly?

Also, since sites 6 & 7 are on the main road and we will have Ryan with us, we'd probably be better off on a less-driven road!  :yikes:

Thanks, again!

zamboni

Quote from: mustangDo they require each of us to call and book

we'd probably be better off on a less-driven road!

I'll book it all under my name (and pay).  As for the road, it is surprisingly NOT highly travelled -- on the weekend, they require 2 day reservations.  Since there is no place close by (it is slower, winding drive back to the "main highway" on the edge of the lake - maybe 20 minutes), nobody leaves the campground.  Day traffic has no need to go to the camping area... and most people walk from their sites down to the lake area -- so the net result is there is rarely much traffic on the road once people are "moved in" to their spots.

We'll have to see how the sizes of the spots work out, but wherever people are, we'd all probably gather in front of the group of 3 sites together -- everyone except Dee will have kids with them.

Hopefully they'll call back, and I'd also ask we be put on a waiting list for other spots "on the loop" (if possible).

zamboni

We's done be booked!

With tax, it is $28.60/night, plus $5 reservation fee/site.  I paid the first night for all 6 sites, balance due before we arrive - so $57.20 each.

As Rod put it in another thread, the First Inagural Rompin' at Rollins is a go!

We have the 4 sites on the loop, and 2 right across the bathroom.  We are also on a waiting list for other cancellations on the loop, so there is a chance!

As I mentioned, we may head up Thursday night (so I'd extend our reservation for one site)... is anyone else interested in going up Thursday?

If anyone else wants to join us, please contact Rollins - site #4 is still available, as well as some on the upper loop, and a couple inbetween (35 & 36) -- honestly, making them not that far away.

OC Campers

I like the name.  Very catchy!!  I will have to check with Randy on the Thursday.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that his work doesn't interfere.  I might even talk to him about taking me and the kids up the beginning of the week.  I am off work Tues-Thurs.  If we do this, I will check with Penninsula and see if they have a site available.

Glen will you PM us with an address so a check can get out to you?  I can also Paypal you if you are setup for this.

Jacqui

zamboni

Quote from: OC CampersI am off work Tues-Thurs.  If we do this, I will check with Penninsula and see if they have a site available.

I'm more-than-sure they'd have availability.  To make things easier, if you know soon, let me know.  I just talked to Kelly and she's game for going up Thursday.  If you're going to go up as well, I'll extend the reservation I have, or at least talk to them -- because they have a $5/site reservation fee.  No point you booking Tues-Thurs, and paying the booking fee, when I should be able to extend yours and mine -- and ensure they stay in the system as the same occupants.

OC Campers

I am actually thinking of going up Tuesday.  Just talked to Randy and he only has work obligations the first 2 weekends in June.   Totally free and ready to camp the next weekend.  This will be our first trip since R Ranch back in February.  Randy will be home from Portland on Thursday and we will figure out what day we will arrive and I will let you know ASAP.

We actiually just got the camper back from Fox Trailers in Sacramento.  They were doing the yearly service on it and because it rained so much (they don't have indoor repair facilities) they had the camper for 6 weeks.  My garage was so empty:) .

Hey Glen remember our roving indoor roof brace?  We asked the repair guy about it and he said it is supposed to move back and forth.  Go figure.

Jacqui

towrod

Quote from: zamboniWe's done be booked!

With tax, it is $28.60/night, plus $5 reservation fee/site. I paid the first night for all 6 sites, balance due before we arrive - so $57.20 each.

....snip.......
Thanks Glen -We're looking forward to The Inagural Rompin' at Rollins Rally!
Right neighborly of you to secure the reservations for us -
how do you want to settle accounts?  Address??  Paypal???   Pony Express ;) :J

What activities should we bring for the young uns?  
We'll bring a horseshoe set and marshmallow gun kits for the kids to assemble and shoot.   Anybody have a ladder golf game?  Anyone have a good (cheap) source for light sticks?

dgrote

Zamboini - will put check in mail for $57.20 before I leave for Alaska Friday.  I plan arrive sometime late morning Friday.  Watch that comment about me not having kids - I have "4 legged" kids and they love the water plus I've been known to bring my grandson.  Besides I always end up with kids - Rachel loves my trailer :p

Quote from: zamboniWe's done be booked!

With tax, it is $28.60/night, plus $5 reservation fee/site. I paid the first night for all 6 sites, balance due before we arrive - so $57.20 each.

We have the 4 sites on the loop, and 2 right across the bathroom. We are also on a waiting list for other cancellations on the loop, so there is a chance!

As I mentioned, we may head up Thursday night (so I'd extend our reservation for one site)... is anyone else interested in going up Thursday?

If anyone else wants to join us, please contact Rollins - site #4 is still available, as well as some on the upper loop, and a couple inbetween (35 & 36) -- honestly, making them not that far away.

zamboni

I see we have 8 votes for "yes" now... since only 6, including myself, identified themselves, that is all the spots that are booked.

Anyone else who wants to join us, please post here, and contact Rollins directly for your reservation at 866-4-MY-CAMP

mustang

Yes, we too would love to come up Thursday as well, but I'm hosting our Cub Scout Pack pool party on Friday afternoon.  Hopefully I can kick everyone out of the pool by 4pm and get on the road by 5!
Just in time to hit Sacramento traffic!   :banghead:
Hopefully the beer-n-ritas will be ready for us!  :#  :-()   :!

Glen,
Let me know where to send the check!

Rod,
Good ideas for bringing fun stuff for the kids.  Ryan loves just playing on the beach as well, so we'll throw in rafts and sand toys.  I saw light sticks at Dollar Tree the other day, and also in the camping dept at Raleys.

zamboni

Quote from: mustangLet me know where to send the check!

PM'd my address to everybody.

Assuming they still do this year what they've been doing for the past several, there should be an "ice cream social" at the main gate area (by the beach) about 5pm on Saturday.  It is only about a 1/3 mile from our camp loop.

towrod

Hey Glen - I think we've moved beyond Rally-ish to full blown, official
RALLY!

As the thread starter do you have the ability to edit the name of the thread?

mustang

Quote from: towrodHey Glen - I think we've moved beyond Rally-ish to full blown, official
RALLY!

As the thread starter do you have the ability to edit the name of the thread?

OMG!!! I was just thinking the same thing! :J

chkster

I will put it to DW about the date... she is on summer break so if there  are not any conflicts in schedule... Would love to tag along if possible and fits in schedules... i will get bk to all...

OC Campers

The more the merrier Chkster.  Glen said there were a few more sites available.  Give the cg a call and come join us.

Jacqui