Rally-ish: Peninsula RV Resort - Rollins Lake

Started by zamboni, May 05, 2006, 10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OC Campers

Glen, just talked to Randy and we have decided to come in on Tuesday.     With no hookups it will be time to break out the generator.  Let the party begin!!!

Jacqui

chkster

left a message and an e-request for site 4 we will see...
note to self... get in loop earlier...
Pun intended!! :eyecrazy:

zamboni

Well, "charlie", you left them your work #, and then went home!  No last name... so she called my cell phone.

I added site #4 (Chuck) to our group.  I also added OC Campers arriving Tuesday in site 12, and us arriving Thursday in site 14.

I will need full names (ie, last names) for everybody so I can let Peninsula know who to expect (so they can "let you in the door" :))

zamboni

Quote from: towrodHey Glen - I think we've moved beyond Rally-ish to full blown, official
RALLY!

As the thread starter do you have the ability to edit the name of the thread?

Well... it is not technically really a rally, because we can't really add more people!  So, it is still rally-ish :)

(no, I can't change it - when I change the "subject", it only changes inside the thread - the forum page still shows the original thread title).

mustang

Quote from: zamboniI will need full names (ie, last names) for everybody so I can let Peninsula know who to expect (so they can "let you in the door" :))

Full name on check...mailed to you today!

chkster

the proverbial  "Check's in the mail"

thanx  
see you all again  in June.

dgrote

user = dgrote

first name = dee
last name = grote

pretty boring huh...

Quote from: zamboniWell, "charlie", you left them your work #, and then went home! No last name... so she called my cell phone.

I added site #4 (Chuck) to our group. I also added OC Campers arriving Tuesday in site 12, and us arriving Thursday in site 14.

I will need full names (ie, last names) for everybody so I can let Peninsula know who to expect (so they can "let you in the door" :))

6Quigs

Glen,
I checked our calender, and that particular weekend we are actually available so were thinking of making it. Then We looked at the location, and it would probabily be a 5 hour drive for us on a friday afternoon. Too long for a weekend camping trip, so we are not going to make it. Hopefully we'll catch up with everyone on another rally-ish ;)

Towrod, I get my glowsticks on e-bay. I get the 8" ones and have paid 99 cents for 1,000 of them with shipping costing $39.99. So that works out at 4 cents each, and it took me 12 months to go through 1,000 of them. Great for parties, haloween, BBQ, any event where it gets dark, and is something for to keep the kids occupied.

towrod

Quote from: 6QuigsGlen,
I checked our calender, and that particular weekend we are actually available so were thinking of making it. Then We looked at the location, and it would probabily be a 5 hour drive for us on a friday afternoon. Too long for a weekend camping trip, so we are not going to make it. Hopefully we'll catch up with everyone on another rally-ish ;)

Towrod, I get my glowsticks on e-bay. I get the 8" ones and have paid 99 cents for 1,000 of them with shipping costing $39.99. So that works out at 4 cents each, and it took me 12 months to go through 1,000 of them. Great for parties, haloween, BBQ, any event where it gets dark, and is something for to keep the kids occupied.
Thanks Kevin :D  I just got the same deal as you on ebay! :-()
Glowsticks -Glowsticks - Glowsticks for EVERYONE

mustang

Quote from: towrodThanks Kevin :D  I just got the same deal as you on ebay! :-()
Glowsticks -Glowsticks - Glowsticks for EVERYONE

...For the next 5 years!!!  :p  ;)  :D

towrod

Quote from: mustang...For the next 5 years!!! :p ;) :D
With Rallies and Cubscouts I'm sure I'll find a home for them all before then.
Besides - I did say "Glowsticks for EVERYONE!" didn't I? :yikes: :J

zamboni

Rompin' At Rollins Final Count

There be 7 of us!  Checks all received (OC, I'll let you know how much for your extended stay)

We Be Campin:
mustang
dgrote
chuck
towrod
flyer
OC
Zamboni (actually, we will be zamboni-less... zamboni, the nickname given by our friends to our daugher before she was born, will be "on tour" visiting the parental units in Colorado)

Sites 12 (OC, arriving Tuesday), 14 (zamboni-less, arriving Thursday), 16, 19, 6, 7 & 4... for now... still hoping they'll have cancellations and we can all move onto the loop :)

OC Campers

Is it June yet?  I am so ready to go camping.  Only2 weeks of school left.

Jacqui

chkster

We, too, are anticipating two weeks of school. :-() DW  teaches second grade...:eyecrazy:
A few questions for those who have been there. :confused:
 What are the restrictions on dogs? If other than regular SP rules.
 What are the Temps. like this time of year?... I am guessing it can get pretty hot.
 Will there be room for a large screen room if not shady enough?

Thanx in advance
chkster and hapekampr
chuck and cheryl      :-()

zamboni

Temps... generally OK; the area where our sites are is more shady than others, and the lake provides cooler breezes, etc.

We've never suffered discomfort from heat there, even in the summer ;)

There should be room for easy-up type things...

The only dog restrictions are by the park itself -- leashes, etc... I seem to recall they are not allowed on the beach itself (to keep it clean).  We hung out right on the edge of the beach when we went with our friends (and their waverunner) and our dogs - just 1 foot off the beach on the big grassy area :)