SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Russian River 1

Started by calstate360, Aug 07, 2007, 07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calstate360

We heard from the campground today.
Joan has booked September 7th - 9th.
The cost with tax is $34.88 per night for water and electric.
The sewer dump is easily accessed.
The usual rules apply for dogs.
Fires are allowed in a closed fire pit which they rent for $12 for 2 days and $16 for 3 days. If you have one like mine it must have a screened cover to retain any sparks.
A deposit of half the total fee due is required before you arrive. Which Joan will collect. Joan will send out the paperwork to the individuals for them to sign and send in.

This is a nice campground with a large grass area in the center of the group area, and is close to the playground area.
There is plenty to do and see in the area. For more information the web site is,

http://www.1000trails.com/site/page/pg3487-as16.html

We hope you can all attend!
Sal & Joan

harleywolf

We'll let you know in the next day if we are coming. I see nothing on the calendar preventing us though so I am looking forward to this trip.

How do I get my payment and info to Joan? We

calstate360

Click on the bottom of any of my posts on the email link.
Send me an email with your home contact info in it,
and Joan will send the paperwork to you.
Looking foward to meeting you.
Sal

Quote from: harleywolfWe'll let you know in the next day if we are coming. I see nothing on the calendar preventing us though so I am looking forward to this trip.
How do I get my payment and info to Joan? We

calstate360

The campground map is posted here.

Currently we are in section B andI highlited it.
This is next to the playground and all activity areas.

Sal

harleywolf

Calstate361

Harleywolf, FYI, I don't get on the internet from home right now, but that will change once I retire.  Anyway, the more the merrier; please invite your brother and family.  Please e-mail Sal at home or me here at work (//www.jlutz@dhs.ca.gov) with everyones name (parents and kids) and address so I can send the "waiver form" that this preserve needs.  You don't have to worry about sending it back, just turn it in when you check in on the 7th.  It's funny, we have super hosted at other preserves and every one does it differently.  Your parents can go ahead and book their own reservations if they want, or give me their membership number to give to the coordinator.  We will be there September 5th through the 12th.  We like to get there a bit earlier than folks to make sure things are all set and try to get spaces together.  We are looking at spaces 36, 37, 38, 40, and maybe 24, which are all close to the resroom so Sal, being handicapped, won't have to walk too far.  I have only made reservations for 5 so if we need more, I can increase it.  The preserve wants 1 night's deposit by 8/30.

As for "Ab Diver", you may know him as he has been diving for many years, and I believe he is also an instructor.  Send me an e-mail here at work, or to Sal at home, and I'll tell you his name.

Glad you and your family can make it.

Joan

zamboni

Kelly and I are interested in going as well - our only hesitation is we won't be getting out of the Sack-Of-Tomatoes area until 5pm... just in time to hit rush hour.  That would mean we don't get there until 8-9pm...

Ugh.

Calstate361

Glen/Zamboni.....SO

I know, come on and join us.  We will save a space for you because we will be there on Wednesday.  Gwenzella has not posted here, but are interested plus the Harleywolf crew, it will be fun.

Let me know.

Joan

OC Campers

This park looks beautiful.  Unfortunately, September-November are inventory months for Randy.  He has inventory twice each month and would you believe the dates are the same as this rally and the Rompin at Rolllins rally:( .

Thank you Sal and Joan for putting this rally together.

Jacqui

Calstate361

GEEZZZ Jacqui, I think you and Randy need to retire like me so you have more time to do the more improtant things in life.  When are we going to get to see you again?   Keep trying and we will keep wagon mastering.

Joan

OC Campers

Quote from: Calstate361GEEZZZ Jacqui, I think you and Randy need to retire like me so you have more time to do the more improtant things in life. When are we going to get to see you again? Keep trying and we will keep wagon mastering.

Joan
We went from camping all the time to camping hardly ever:mad: .  I am hoping to sometime in the not so distant future  get a regular 8-5, M-F job that doesn't work weekends.  

Jacqui

harleywolf

Calstate361

Glad you have confirmed because you are the only one that has.  I had a PM from Grewenzilla (George) as a tentative, but have not received a confirmation from them yet.  I'll list the Attendees list below this.   As for planned activities, we usually just let everyone do what they want.   We gather together Saturday morning, everyone just brings their breakfast to just sit and talk to everyone or you can share if you like.  I usually have biscuits and sausage gravy that I share; it is not required so do what ever you wish.  Then we always have a Saturday night Pot-luck dinner around 6:00.  Again, if you are out sight seeing, if you make it back in time, that's fine, if not that's fine also.  Even if you come late, there is always plenty of food left for you to join us.  Now there has alway been a big rabble rousing when anyone starts a Pot-luck list.  As Nick and others have said...."we don't need no stinking list".   But, I like to do one anyway, so I'll also start that below.

As for the paperwork, that's great; just give it to the ranger when you check in, I don't have to have it to them before then.

Pot-luck list:

Joan = ?

Here is the Attendees List:

Handle       Name(s)      Dates         Deposit

Gwenzilla   George & Donna Nolan   4-7   Y

CalState360/
Calstate 361   Sal Vasquez & Joan Lutz   3-12   N/A

Calstate361

Glad you have confirmed because you are the only one that has.  I had a PM from Gwenzilla (George) as a tentative, but have not received a confirmation from them yet.  I'll list the Attendees list below this.  

As for planned activities, we usually just let everyone do what they want.   We gather together Saturday morning, everyone just brings their breakfast to just sit and talk to everyone or you can share if you like.  I usually have biscuits and sausage gravy that I share; it is not required so do what ever you wish.  Then we always have a Saturday night Pot-luck dinner around 6:00.  Again, if you are out sight seeing, if you make it back in time, that's fine, if not that's fine also.  Even if you come late, there is always plenty of food left for you to join us.  Now there has alway been a big rabble rousing when anyone starts a Pot-luck list.  As Nick and others have said...."we don't need no stinking list".   But, I like to do one anyway, so I'll also start that below.

As for the paperwork, that's great; just give it to the ranger when you check in, I don't have to have it to them before then.  I also need the dates when you you will arrive and depart.   I'm assuming you will arrive on Friday (9/7) and depart on Sunday (9/9), correct?  

If any of you want to arrive sooner and/or stay longer, just let me know, because as long as we are there it doesn't matter.

AND, I have talked to Ab Diver, the family that also lives in Ukiah, he has said that they might come by for the pot-luck.

Pot-luck list:

Joan = ?
Harleywolf = ?
Gwenzilla = ?

Here is the Attendees List:

Handle        Dates         Deposit

Harleywolf         7-9             No

Gwenzilla                  ?     No

CalState360/
Calstate 361      5-12     N/A

Talk to you all soon.

Joan

I don't know what I did to post this twice---SORRY I can't get it to go away.

calstate360

Ya forgot the saturday night bs session around the fire. I don't haul the firepit and all that wood around because it improves the gas millage in the gas hog. :)
Sal