News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: Rabble Rouser List: Beginning 3/20/03

Started by 6Quigs, Mar 21, 2003, 01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

Surfcal6Quigs, they got you too!

First they banded together and I did nothing.

Then they got CWB and I did nothing.

They they got 6Quigs and I did nothing.

There s only Nick, Sacto and I left.  We have to act now for if we do nothing, pretty soon they will get me too.  Yikes.

Surfcal

Cottonwooder

Surfcal
The List:
 Thursday, 3/27/03
[/b]
 Today s Nick-Neff-Cough Board Activity Level:
 Slowed down again.  (Yesterday s fighters must have exhausted themselves.)  Without even trying, the ladies had the fellas running for cover.  Must be our awesome aura.

Freestyle Rabble Rouser of The Day:
 Nothing in particular.  (See, they re exhausted!)

Chicken of The Day
 Surfcal, trying for RR " immunity" .

Post of The Day:
 Surfcal again, this time for his summary of last night s chat.

Dumbest Thread
 " Guest Post - What to do"

This Week s Chat Room Rally Attendees (In order of appearance):
 otter
 C`wooder
 Tri-Tip   <--CWB
 CheeseWhiz   <--self-explanatory
 Nick
 cavman
 Surfcal
 Hybrid Holly (for 60 seconds or so... does that count?)
 CKKEVIN
 ca_girl_00
 Campers
 6Quigs     <--Chat Host
 gsm_x2
 SactoCamper

Chat Quote of The Week:
 Tri-Tip(CWB): C`wooder: I learned early on that this group is tough...to survive, be like a duck with the jaws of an alligator

Chat Event of The Week:
 The way Guest revealed himself.  [;)]

Those With " ALOT"  To Say (Note how this list is growing):
 6Quigs
 GSM X2
 G-Whiz
 Nick
 Surfcal
 Cottonwooder
 SactoCampers
 Civil_War_Buff

Those With Something To Say:
 Otter
 Hybrid Holly
 Griffsmom
 OC Campers
 Red " neff"  Barchetta

Those Who Don t Say Much (Yet):
 CA Girl_101
 Ralph
 ckkevin
 Ab Diver
 TMM
 TeacherMom
 Forest Walker
 Sammyslave
 SCCS (N&I-Scott)
 oldmoose
 DuaneFamily
 Champ521
 Stimpy
 RTurner
 Clueless in Sacramento
 Colin & Chelsea
 Calstate360

Inactive Roster:
 Robucko

OC Campers

SurfcalI am sure glad I am still on a list.  I missed talking in the fire-side chat on wednesday.  Duty called, had to work[:@].  After being home with the kids all day, adult conversation is sorely needed.  We do have adult conversation:::right?  

Jacqui

gsm x2

OC Campers
QuoteAfter being home with the kids all day, adult conversation is sorely needed. We do have adult conversation:::right?

This deserves some kind of award.  I am not sure if it is for " The funniest line"  or " most oblivious poster"

OK, that helped me make up my mine.  OC Camper is not oblivious, that is nominated as the funniest line of the week.

gsm x2

Surfcal

OC Campers

QuoteORIGINAL:  OC Campers

I am sure glad I am still on a list.  I missed talking in the fire-side chat on wednesday.  Duty called, had to work[:@].  After being home with the kids all day, adult conversation is sorely needed.  We do have adult conversation:::right?  

Jacqui

Jaqui:

I am glad that you log in with us.  I think it s really neat how virtually all of California has consolidated its dialogue in one spot rather than doing it regionally (North vs. South).  It makes for a more entertaining board and increases our chances of planning rallies together.   But more importantly, it gives us West Coast members a place to hang out.  Often, our issues don t pertain or align with the East Coast or Midwest discussions, where they are often buried in snow, or discuss very regionalized camping talk.

Like Jim Morrison said, " there is the known, and there is the unknown, and in between is the Doors."   I think that describes camping in California, it doesn t fit in any category.

I think it s been a great evolution.  Which almost makes Nick-Neff-Cough an archaic moniker, which for all intents and purposes, should be thought of as, CAL Neff-Cough.  But then again, a rose by any other name, is still a rose.

Well, that s my editorial of the day.

Surfcal

otter

SurfcalMy, my, My, this Rabble Rousing does go around and around.  
 alliances are never safe in this group...exception being the sister-hood of course...and it might truly be a hormonal thing...

Patricia; Keep up the good fight ...you are our SHEro.
 Lori, too funny.  You stunned those RR and pro s and have the running. I love it! particulatly since I can t do it myself.  
 G-Whiz keep us all together and clear on the object of these threads.  

I will comment on " pulling a Surf Cal"  and  pulling a Sacto ...
 Sacto aced me out of my site at Woodson Bridge ( in retrospect a rather telling note on this groups welcome to new people) and Surf Cal homesteaded my spot at the levee...  Sacto left DeValle early and SurfCal left Cachuma and Olema early.

Seems to me you two reside in the same bag: which may explain why you fill the boards with this stuff.  But I must say it makes for interesting reading.  Haven t had time to read a decent book in months...
 Hugs to all who want or need them

griffsmom

otter

QuoteORIGINAL:  otter

Lori, too funny.  You stunned those RR and pro s and have the running. I love it! particulatly since I can t do it myself.  

Well, I bet you could if you wanted to, but more importantly, I hear you make one heck of a bread pudding, and that is, by far, a much more valuable talent!

QuoteHugs to all who want or need them

Hugs right back at ya, sistuh!

griffsmom

Surfcal
QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

QuoteORIGINAL:  OC Campers

I am sure glad I am still on a list.  I missed talking in the fire-side chat on wednesday.  Duty called, had to work[:@].  After being home with the kids all day, adult conversation is sorely needed.  We do have adult conversation:::right?  

Jacqui

Jaqui:

I am glad that you log in with us.  I think it s really neat how virtually all of California has consolidated its dialogue in one spot rather than doing it regionally (North vs. South).  It makes for a more entertaining board and increases our chances of planning rallies together.   But more importantly, it gives us West Coast members a place to hang out.  Often, our issues don t pertain or align with the East Coast or Midwest discussions, where they are often buried in snow, or discuss very regionalized camping talk.

Like Jim Morrison said, " there is the known, and there is the unknown, and in between is the Doors."   I think that describes camping in California, it doesn t fit in any category.

I think it s been a great evolution.  Which almost makes Nick-Neff-Cough an archaic moniker, which for all intents and purposes, should be thought of as, CAL Neff-Cough.  But then again, a rose by any other name, is still a rose.

Well, that s my editorial of the day.

Surfcal

Nicely said, Surf!  And thanks, btw, to all of NNC for being so kind and welcoming us Snickers with open arms and freestyle rabble rousing!  You ve made us feel immediately at home and it IS nice to be able to hang out with people that don t get a bit touchy if you happen to mention that it s going to be close to 90 degrees this weekend just because they re buried under 8 feet of snow. [;)]  {{{group hug}}}

I really hope that I will get to meet you all at a rally in the not so far future!  But then again, maybe that s one of those things that qualifies as a " be careful of what you wish for"  kind of thing...[:D][8D]

Red neff Barchetta

SurfcalLori -
 What s up with the June rally?  You can surely make it to " the"  NNC rally of the year!  Griffin will have so many new friends, he ll be disappointed on Monday when it s time to head home.  Besides, the Snick er convoy could be fun in itself.  I want photo s of that throng heading north.
 I m sure Brian will twist your arm enough and we ll finally get to meet you.
 In fact, I ll be the first to say; " See you in June" !

otter

SurfcalYeah, Lori...Come on. You can do the June one ( I may have to cancel:)I ll give you my spot if Sacto thinks we are full.  But he said the other night in the chat room that there was room to expand.  
 think hard on it.  click you  heels together three times and say
 June Rally
  June Rally
 June Rally.
 Remember you always have the power!

griffsmom

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

Lori -
 What s up with the June rally?  You can surely make it to " the"  NNC rally of the year!  Griffin will have so many new friends, he ll be disappointed on Monday when it s time to head home.  Besides, the Snick er convoy could be fun in itself.  I want photo s of that throng heading north.
 I m sure Brian will twist your arm enough and we ll finally get to meet you.
 In fact, I ll be the first to say; " See you in June" !

You re sweet!  Don t think that I haven t been trying fanagle some way, any way that we could make it to the June rally, but the next week afte the rally, we are leaving for my DH s family reunion in RI ([&:]) and I know we ll have too much on our plate getting ready and packed for that to be able to squeeze in a camping trip the weekend before we leave.[:(]

Lil Griffy has already told me that he can t wait to meet everyone that Mommy types to until the wee hours of the morning, and especially Sactotoddler, but unfortunately, I think it s unlikely that it ll be at the June rally. <insert two y/o tantrum here>[>:][:(][:@]

griffsmom

otter

QuoteORIGINAL:  otter

Yeah, Lori...Come on. You can do the June one ( I may have to cancel:)I ll give you my spot if Sacto thinks we are full.  But he said the other night in the chat room that there was room to expand.  
 think hard on it.  click you  heels together three times and say
 June Rally
  June Rally
 June Rally.
 Remember you always have the power!

[:D][:D][:D]!

Red neff Barchetta

SurfcalDianne -
 You made a funny.  Don t even think about pulling a Sacto.  It wouldn t be the same without you and Lon!  Besides, that w/e is when everything is aligned perfectly for the mother-PU to beam us up to the tranquil cg we ve all been promised.  I don t know how much longer I can keep up my $2,500. monthly " donations"  to the NNC leader s.  I hope the giant stepper-door opens soon as I m ready.  Even bringing my Nikes and matching sweat suit for the " arrival" .

Lori -
 Nice try, but Larry/CWB has you beat so your excuse is stifled.  He s heading across the country to Gettysburg soon after the June rally, but we all forced, er convinced him to make it.
 See you in June!

Cottonwooder

otter
QuotePatricia; Keep up the good fight ...you are our SHEro.

Dianne, you re too kind.  Realized late last night that us three supposedly forming an alliance are all from the southern part.  What s up with you, Rita, Holly, and the rest of you northern gals?  Lori, G, if we do band together, should we be called the Snickeresses?

Lori, what s your hubby s name?  (Whisper it in an e-mail if you don t want to post it.)  Wouldn t it be funny if I ve typed out correspondence to him?

Neff, nice to see you posting again.  Work has been slowing some of us down lately.  Ugh!  Well, back I go.  [: (]

otter

Surfcal

We are here Cotton wooder:  We are all aligned...