Main Menu

RE: It s a Male Thing

Started by Cottonwooder, Apr 07, 2003, 02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ab Diver

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

Okay manly men, Trivia Time:

What is the minimum number of men required to finish a full keg of beer?

TOS told me that if it s full, we ve all done our job and no more men are required. Not sure what he meant by that, though, cuz he was busy taking some yellow tape off the bathroom door at the time.

SactoCampers
Quotemanly men??
Heck we were all hiding in here last night scare to do THE FLIP.

Quoteminimum number of men

On a 105 degree day by the pool, after hackin  a bunch of weeds (but oldmoose already took care of them)? 15.5 gallons of beer, roughly equivalent 161 12 oz cans of beer, figure 4-5 per hour.....4 manly men, it s gone in a day.

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon

SactoCampers

Ab Diver
QuoteORIGINAL:  Ab Diver

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

Okay manly men, Trivia Time:

TOS told me that if it s full, we ve all done our job and no more men are required. Not sure what he meant by that, though, cuz he was busy taking some yellow tape off the bathroom door at the time.

Dave, I m looking for a number. They have to be beer-drinkin  men, not wine-sippin  men like TOS [;)]. I bet Neff can come pretty close with a guess.

6Quigs

SactoCampers
QuoteOkay manly men, Trivia Time:

Waiting for the edit before I rush in with my reply[;)]

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  Guest

Quotemanly men??
Heck we were all hiding in here last night scare to do THE FLIP.

Quoteminimum number of men

On a 105 degree day by the pool, after hackin  a bunch of weeds (but oldmoose already took care of them)? 15.5 gallons of beer, roughly equivalent 161 12 oz cans of beer, figure 4-5 per hour.....4 manly men, it s gone in a day.

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon

Your math may be correct, but no mortal can drink 4-5 per hour all day. When it s considered a feat to be part of the 24-hour club (one beer per hour, every hour of the day) drinking four times that much per hour for half the time is superhuman. Besides, once you get into the second or third hour you can t continute to polish off 4 or 5 an hour,  cause you ll be spending 30% of each hour taking a leak. It s like trying to eat 50 hotdogs in 10 minutes. You re talking 40 beers per person.

This is a time-tested experiment based on my college days at Chico. I ve done this with the best beer drinkers you can find anywhere. We ve tried it with just about every combination of manly men. The answer to this number is very precise and has consensus among nearly all college binge beer drinkers. Unfortunately, 4 manly men cannot do it. It s too low. Good try though, Jon.

Ab Diver

Guest(empties last glass) " Buurrrrraaarrrrgh! .... uh, excuse me, I meant *burp*"

Ok, six posts by four guys, and that puppy s bone dry. I say *four* manly men.

[;)]

SactoCampers

Ab DiverThe answer is NOT four guys. Nobody can drink 40 beers in a day.

So Dave, I bet this talk about drinking 40 beers does wonders for your headache. [;)]

Ab Diver

GuestOh, you meant that NEW keg sitting over there in the corner. Heck, I thought you meant that other keg we ve been working on all week. Hmmmm... that s gunna take a little drinkin  ---er---- figuring out. Pour me the first cold one and I ll start crunching numbers.

QuoteSo Dave, I bet this talk about drinking 40 beers does wonders for your headache.  

In all seriousness... Brian, if you only knew. Man, I sure am glad to be able to talk in jest about headaches again. Good to be back among the *living*. [:)][:D][:)]

SactoCampers

Ab Diver

QuoteORIGINAL:  Ab Diver

Oh, you meant that NEW keg sitting over there in the corner. Heck, I thought you meant that other keg we ve been working on all week. Hmmmm... that s gunna take a little drinkin  ---er---- figuring out. Pour me the first cold one and I ll start crunching numbers.

YES! The NEW keg. The OLD keg is warm and flat. Even the dog won t drink that.

6Quigs

SactoCampers
QuoteThis is a time-tested experiment based on my college days at Chico.

Are we talking about Manly Men or College kids here????[&:]

Are we talking about American Beer[: (], or the good stuff I was brought up on?[:)]

Is there a Time limit involved, cuz given enough time anyone could polish off a keg of beer by themselves. Now it might take some their whole lifetime, but a Manly man should be able to do it in about a fortnight.

On the other hand, if I had 161 men, and gave each of them 12 oz, it would be gone before you had time to edit one of your posts[;)][;)]

SactoCampers

6QuigsObviously some of you need to be walked through this exercise.

QuoteAre we talking about Manly Men or College kids here????[&:]

When it comes to beer drinking volume, college kids ARE manly men. Can you drink now like you could at 19-20?

QuoteAre we talking about American Beer[: (], or the good stuff I was brought up on?[:)]

Like Mickey s?[8D]

We re talking the bad stuff, to improve the numbers. Remember, minimum number of men . If we re talking about good stuff, it skews the numbers. For example, for a Sierra keg, add 60-70 percent more men due to higher alcohol content.

QuoteIs there a Time limit involved, cuz given enough time anyone could polish off a keg of beer by themselves. Now it might take some their whole lifetime, but a Manly man should be able to do it in about a fortnight.

Obviously you ve never actually tried this since you re asking the question. Most of us realize that when you purchase a keg, you rent (or steal someone elses, they re are like gold in college towns) a hand operated tap. Once the keg seal is broken by the tap, the keg has a limited shelf life before the beer is no longer drinkable (which was marginal to begin with). With the number of men in question, the time component is not an issue, it s the stamina of the men involved. The goal is to finish the keg with the least number of men before you pass out.

oldmoose

GuestWe can spread the old flat brew around the outside to get the snails and slugs I found when weed wacking. The we ll have that good old manly aroma around us[8D].

6Quigs

SactoCampers
QuoteCan you drink now like you could at 19-20?

No, because I was not drinking when I was under 21.
 Now when I was 30, ans had a job and could afford to buy beer,
 and had no kids, and would drink every weekend,
 and built up a resistance to beer,
 I couls easily put away eight or ten 20 oz. pints a night, (the equivalent of 16 or 17 cans).
 So my guess is 10 (Irish)guys could empty a keg in a day.

6Quigs

6QuigsWish we could stay & watch the fun on the General Coughing thread,
 but am taking Margaret to the Dixie Chicks Concert tonight, as it s her Birthday next week.

Hope Otter surfaces, and Cottonwooder is still alive in the morning[&:]

Ab Diver

SactoCampersNew keg, old keg, who cares? I got my beer, my chips, a whole bowl of guacamole and salsa. Ok guys, let s all set back and watch the fireworks as that *other* thread progresses. I got a feeling " something"  is gunna happen pretty quick!